Duration of Program 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats 50 only
- UPES ranked among Top 15 MBA Institutions in North India and No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2020
- Students in this specialistion are equipped to learn about the various risks and problems faced in a fast-paced business environment with practical examples and case studies
- It also helps students develop skill sets in planning, organizing and supervising in the context of production, manufacturing and service provision
- The economic, cultural, and social factors of a workplace is addressed throughout the curriculum
- UPES ranks 56th in NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) of MHRD in the Management Category.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Human Resource Management Specialisation
Finance Management Specialisation
Marketing Management Specialisation
Operations & Project Management Specialisation
- Market Research Analyst
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Managers
- Brand Managers
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Banking
- Securities Trading
- Treasury operations
- Risk Management
- Operations Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
- Management Consultants
- Logistics Manager
- Change Management
- Talent Management
- Organizational Strategy
- Business Strategy
97%*Placements in 2019
*Disclaimer – Placements statistics refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements
- Minimum 50% marks in classes X, XII & Graduation
- Graduation from a recognized university
- *Computer as the Main subject in Graduation
- #Graduation in Agriculture or Any science stream
Admissions through UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Candidates who have minimum 50% marks in Class 10th, 12th and graduation, can seek admission to UPES MBA programs by taking the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Schedule for UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET):
|Name of Program||Date of Test||Last Date to Apply|
|MBA (All Streams)||4 Sept 2020|
UPES reserves the right to conduct further online/paper pencil mode exams for admission to various MBA programs in addition to the date already announced.
Scheme of Tests:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total no. of Questions||140|
The University reserves the right to make changes in curricula, degree requirements, course offerings, student intake and academic regulations or change of location at any time without assigning any reason or prior notice. The said change may apply not only to prospective students but also to those who are already enrolled with the University.
University reserves to itself to offer any or all of the program electives/specialization electives. Electives thus offered maybe based on the number of students who opt for such electives and will be offered at the sole discretion of the University.
Admissions through National Level Tests
Students having MAT/CMAT 2020 score of 75 percentile & above. CAT/XAT 2019 score of 70 percentile & above. GMAT Score of 550 & above. NMAT Score of 140 & above will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for Group Discussion & Interview if qualified.
**Upto 30% seats shall be filled through National Level Tests category (CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT). Incase candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these seats through MBA (UPESMET).
Reservation of Seats:
For Uttarakhand bonafide resident candidates: 15% of the seats in all programs will be reserved for residents of Uttarakhand, subject to production of "Sthai Niwas Praman Patra" (Permanent Resident certificate)" issued by competent authority of Uttarakhand State. These seats will get alloted based on the merit order in this category, provided the candidate has declared his intent to opt under this category at the time of applying for admission.
Note: Candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” during the day of admission, failing which their candidature shall stand cancelled.
Seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in this category may be treated as unreserved.
- Minimum 80 percentile score in CAT/XAT
- Minimum 90 percentile score in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET & any other National Level Entrance Test.
- 10% seats in each program for 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st semester
CAT Score (percentile)
Tuition Fee waive off
90.01% - 95%
85% - 90%
Disclaimer: Only one category of scholarship can be availed by student, Multiple scholarship to one candidate will not be granted