Ph.D in Maritime Security Challenges for India in the 21st Century: Political and Strategic Issues
- Aswani, R.S., (2019). Political challenges for India in the Indian Ocean Region: The Need for Confidence Building Measures. South Asian Journal of Socio-Political Studies. Vol. XX, Issue.2, January-June, 2019. 11-16. ISSN 0972- 4613.
- Aswani R.S., (2019). Maritime Terror Threats in Indian Ocean Region: The Need for Safety Interventions. Southern Economist. Vol.58, Issue.1, May, 2019. 13-17. ISSN 0038-4046.
- Aswani R.S., (2019). Maritime Security: Global Repercussions of Emerging Terror Threats in Indian Ocean Region. In. Suresh R. (Ed.), India’s National Security: A Maritime Security Perspective. (pp. 134-141). VIJ Books India Pvt. Ltd: New Delhi.
- Dawar, Bhat & Aswani (2020). Domino effect of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Food Security and Oceanic Acidification. In Bhat, Roy, Bhatt (Ed.), Energy Economics and the Environment: Conservation, Preservation and Sustainability. Sage India: New Delhi.
Aswani, R.S., (2018, June 26). China’s Rise and Indian Ocean Ambitions. Center for International Maritime Security. Available at http://cimsec.org/chinas-rise-indian-ocean-ambitions/36668
- Presented a paper titled, “Climate Change Impact, Vulnerability and Mitigation in the Indian Ocean Region: Policy Suggestions” at the International Conference on Knowledge and Policy for Sustainable Development: Global Lessons and Local Challenges, organized by Directorate of International Affairs, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi from 25-27 September 2019.
- Invited Talk on “Maritime Security of India in the 21st Century: Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges” at MIDS (Madras Institute of Development Studies) on July 8, 2019.
- Presented a paper titled, “Maritime Dimensions of Act East Policy” during the National Seminar organized by Ministry of External Affairs at the University of Kerala, November 13-14, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled, “The Indian Ocean Region and India’s Act East Policy: Maritime Challenges for India in the 21st Century” during the three day International Seminar at Trivandrum on 8-10 February 2018.
- Completed International Professional Development Workshop on Alternative Paradigm in Economy: Coping Inequality, Promoting Social Change, organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi (India) in collaboration with Institute for New Economic Thinking, New York (USA) on 23-24 Sepember, 2019.
Area of Specialization
- Maritime Policy
- Security Studies
- Indian Ocean Politics
- India- China Relations
- South Asian Security