Dr. Promila Das
Ph.D., Development Economics, Assam University
M.A. (Economics) Specialization: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Assam University
- B.A. Honors (Economics), Assam University
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Dehradun, January 2020 to Present.
- Project Scientist in the Department of IME under CER, IIT Kanpur, February-August 2019
- Guest Faculty, Department of Economics, Assam University Silchar, August 2018- December 2018.
- Guest Faculty, Department of Humanities and Social Science, NIT Silchar, February- May 2018. Part-time Faculty, Department of Economics, Krishna Kanta Handique Open University, August 2012-June 2018.
- Part-time Faculty, Department of Economics, Women’s College Silchar, December 2016-February 2017.
- Part-time Faculty, Department of Economics, Women’s College Silchar, August -October 2016.
Research Interest Teaching Interest
- Development Economics
- Household Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Financial Economics
- Das, P., & Dutta, S. (2016). Interrelation between Mother's Empowerment and Children's Schooling: A Case Study of SC, OBC, and General Households of a Developing Region. Arthshastra: Indian Journal of Economics & Research, 5(2), 39-50.
- Das P. & Dutta, S. (2015). Impact of Mother’s Selected Attributes on Children’s Educational Attainment: A Household Level Study. International Journal of Humanities & Social Science Studies, I (V), 37-42.
- Das, P. & Dutta S. (2013). Gender Disparity in Participation in Agriculture & Industry: An Empirical Study of Selected States in Selected Dimensions. International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics, 2(4), 131-136.
- Das, P. & Dutta S. (2015). Women Empowerment and Economic Development: A Case Study of Karimganj District. In Suchitra D., Gadapani S. Pulak M. & Ritumani H. (Eds.) Development Strategies: Issues and Challenges in North-East India, (pp 206-212), Scholar Publications. Karimganj, Assam.
- Das, P., Dimensions of Women Empowerment: A Structural Equation Modeling Approach. 55th Annual conference of The Indian Econometrics Society (TIES). National Institute of Securities Market (NISM), (NISER), Mumbai, 8-10 January, 2019.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Impact of Mother’s Empowerment on Children’s Educational Attainments: A Study of Karimganj District. 53rd Annual conference of The Indian Econometrics Society (TIES). National Institute of Science Education and Research, (NISER), Bhubaneswar, 22-24 December, 2016.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Women Empowerment and Economic Development: A Case Study of Karimganj District. UGC, National Seminar, Karimganj College, Karimganj in collaboration with North Karimganj Development Block, 14-15 February, 2015.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Identification of Factors Influencing Mother’s Decision Making Abilities. 16th Annual Conference of North Eastern Economic Association (NEEA). Tripura University, 8-9 January 2015.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Educational Attainments of Child through Mother’s Decision-Making Power and Mobility: A case Study of Karimganj District. 51 Annual Conference of the Indian Econometrics Society (TIES). Punjabi University Patiala, 12-14, December, 2014.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Education of Mother and Its Impact on Children’s Educational Attainments: A Household Level Study of Karimganj District. 15th Annual Conference of North Eastern Economic Association (NEEA), Mizoram University, 15-16 November, 2013.
- Das, P. & Dutta S., Mother’s Empowerment and Children’s Schooling: A Comparative Study of SC and OBC Households in Karimganj District. UGC National Seminar, NIT, Silchar, 30-31 August, 2013.
- Workshop on Advance Econometric Methods and Their Applications, Economic Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata and Dept. of Economics AUS, 6-10 March, 2017.
- Workshop on Dimensions on Quality of Higher Education and Allied Quantitative Techniques, SQC and OR Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata and Dept. of Statistics AUS, 26-28 November, 2015.
- Workshop on Time Series Econometrics, The Indian Econometrics Society, 6-10 July, 2015. Research Methodology in Social Sciences, ICSSR and Dept. of Economics AUS, 6-15 March, 2013.
- National Workshop (Econometric Application on Cross Section and Time Series Analysis), ICSSR and Dept. of Economics AUS, 13-19 February, 2012.
- Workshop on Doing Research with Special Focus on Human Development, Equal Opportunity Cell, Assam University, Silchar, 16-22 September, 2011
Awards and Fellowship
National Eligibility Test for lectureship (NET), University Grant Commission (UGC), December 2015.
State Level Eligibility Test for lectureship (SLET), University Grant Commission (UGC), November 2015.
Rajeev Gandhi National fellowship for Ph.D. April 2012.