Dr. Shounak Pal
Assistant Professor, Senior Scale
Total years in experience: 29 months in Industry, 21 months in Teaching
Papers published in journals: 2 (1 Case Study, 1 SCOPUS-listed journal paper)
Papers presented in conferences: 8
Some notable citations:
1. Gabriel, M. H., Noblin, A., Rutherford, A., Walden, A., & Cortelyou-Ward, K. (2018). Data breach locations, types, and associated characteristics among US hospitals. Am J Manag Care, 24(2), 78-84.
2. Boateng, R., & Barnor, J. N. B. (2020). Unveiling Cybercrime in a Developing Country. In Encyclopedia of Criminal Activities and the Deep Web(pp. 66-92). IGI Global.
3. Shemroske, K. (2020). Defining Roles, Relationships, and Value in Cybersecurity Operations.
4. Kavčič, T., & Delak, B. (2019). State of the cyber insurance products within Slovenian insurance companies. Online Journal of Applied Knowledge Management (OJAKM), 7(2), 56-68.
Dr. Shounak Pal completed his Ph.D. in 2020 in the field of Information Technology and Systems from Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, Prior to this, he had completed his BTech in Computer Science from West Bengal University of Technology in 2011.
Honours and Achievements:
Winner of 23rd CEEMAN case writing competition, 2017.
“A Machine Learning Approach for Telemedicine Governance” with A. Mukhopadhyay, ISACA Journal. Vol 1, Year 2017.
“Codezin: Braving the Startup Storm” with I. Biswas and G. Gupta, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 7(4). [adjudged Winner of 23rd CEEMAN case writing competition, 2017]
ARTICLE(S) PUBLISHED IN PEER REVIEWED CONFERENCE PROCEEDING(S)
1. “Framework to determine role of trust in enhancing quality and eHealth adoption” with B. Biswas and A. Mukhopadhyay, 19th Annual International Conference of the Society of Operations Management 2015, December, 11 – 13, IIM Calcutta, Calcutta, India.
2. AVICS-Eco Framework: An Approach to Attack Prediction and Vulnerability Assessment in a Cyber Ecosystem”, with B. Biswas and A. Mukhopadhyay, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2016, August, 11 – 14, San Diego, U.S.A.
3. Can HIT Work Alone? A Security and Socio-Economic Perspective of Healthcare Quality”, with B. Biswas and A. Mukhopadhyay, 22nd Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2016, August, 11 – 14, San Diego, U.S.A.
4. When young firms compete with startups in developing economies: the case of Codezin” with I. Biswas and G. Gupta, Book of Abstracts – 25th CEEMAN Annual Conference, 2017, Emerald Publishing.
5. Analyzing impact of IT applications on hospital readmission rate to determine implementation strategy from a stakeholder’s perspective”, with A. Mukhopadhyay, 5th PAN-IIM Conference, 2017, December 13-16, Lucknow, India.
6. Can IT improve cardiac treatment quality? A quantitative study of interaction between technology and external factors” with A. Mukhopadhyay and G.K. Shukla, ACM-SIGMIS 2018, Niagara Falls, Buffalo, U.S.
7. Cyber Risk Quantification and Mitigation Framework for healthcare using machine learning”, with A. Mukhopadhyay, 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2018, August, 16 – 18, New Orleans, U.S.A.
8. Framework to explain factors affecting severity of exposure of medical data breach: a statistical analysis (Emergent Research Forum)", with A. Mukhopadhyay, 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2018, August, 16 – 18, New Orleans, U.S.A.
9. CRPMI: A framework to model cyber risk from phishing and mitigation through insurance (Emergent Research Forum)” with A) Mukhopadhyay and B. Biswas, 24th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2018, August, 16 – 18, New Orleans, U.S.A.
b) Interests: IT governance, Business Analytics, Healthcare Information Systems
“A CBSM Framework for requirement-based Proactive Security Measure in Hospitals” with A. Mukhopadhyay, 25th Americas Conference on Information Systems, 2019, August 14-18, Cancum, Mexico.
Personal interests: Trekking, Photography, Painting