Designation and Department & School: Assistant Professor; Dept. of Physics; School of Engineering
- Total years in experience: 6 (research)
- Papers published in journals: 07
- Papers presented in conferences: 11
Google Scholar - https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=nLsRH0wAAAAJ&hl=en
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- D. (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2020.
- Sc. (Physics), University of Delhi, 2014.
- Sc. (Physics), University of Delhi, 2012.
- After completing PhD in February 2020, worked as an ‘IRD Early Doc Fellow’ from March to May 2020 in the Dept. of Physics, IIT Delhi.
- Raman-Charpak Fellow (visiting PhD student) at CSNSM, Universite Paris Sud, France from March 2017 – September 2017.
- Assistant Professor; Dept. of Physics, UPES Dehradun; since October 2020.
- Graduate Student Award; 2019 E-MRS Spring Meeting; 2019
- Raman Charpak Fellowship; Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR / CEFIPRA); 2016
- Best Presentation Award; 3rd Departmental Symposium on “Advances in Physics”, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi; 2019.
- Best Oral Presentation; International Conference on Ion Beams in Materials Engineering & Characterization (IBMEC 2018); 2018
- Research Excellence International Travel Award; Indian Institute of Technology Delhi; 2019
- Contribution: 7 journal publications till date, 6 of them being as the 1st Research presented at several reputed international conferences (e.g. 2019 EMRS Spring Meeting, 2018 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit; REI-2017 etc.).
- Interests: Ion irradiation of materials for energy applications; Radiation tolerance of nuclear materials; Materials for energy.
- Kalita, R. Shukla, S. Ghosh, S. Srivastava, N. Pathak, P. Kulriya, V. Grover, D.K. Avasthi, A.K. Tyagi; Insights into the effect of particle size on the low energy radiation response of ceria; Journal of Physical Chemistry C (2020), 124, 28, 15489-15499
- Kalita, S. Saini, P. Rajput, S.N. Jha, D. Bhattacharyya, S. Ojha, D.K. Avasthi, S. Bhattacharya, S. Ghosh; Oxygen vacancy mediated cubic phase stabilization at room temperature in pure nano-crystalline zirconia films: a combined experimental and first-principles based investigation; Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (2019), 21, 22482
- Kalita, S. Ghosh, U.B. Singh, P.K. Kulriya, V. Grover, R. Shukla, A.K. Tyagi, G. Sattonnay, D.K. Avasthi; Investigating the effect of material microstructure and irradiation temperature on the radiation tolerance of yttria stabilized zirconia against high energy heavy ions; Journal of Applied Physics 125 (2019) 115902
- Kalita, S. Ghosh, G. Sattonnay, U.B. Singh, I. Monnet, D.K. Avasthi; Radiation response of nano-crystalline cubic zirconia: comparison between nuclear energy loss and electronic energy loss regimes; Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 435 (2018) 19 – 24
- Kalita, S. Ghosh, G. Sattonnay, U.B. Singh, V. Grover, R. Shukla, S. Amirthapandian, R. Meena, A.K. Tyagi, D.K. Avasthi; Role of temperature in the radiation stability of yttria stabilized zirconia under swift heavy ion irradiation: a study from the perspective of nuclear reactor applications; Journal of Applied Physics 122 (2017) 025902
- Kalita, S. Ghosh, D.K. Avasthi; Low energy radiation stability of nano-crystalline cubic zirconia films; Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B 379 (2016) 116 − 118
Projects or Ph.D.s guided: Not Applicable
Books Published: 0
Professional Memberships/Fellowship: None
Personal interests: Cricket, Reading, Cycling, Watching movies & TV series.