Dr. Sapna Jain
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.Sc (Chemistry, Zoology and Botany), University of Rajasthan
Area of Specialization:
Organic Synthesis, Antibacterial, Antifungal and Insecticidal Activity, Nanotechnology
Research & Publications:
- Novel synergistic combination of Ferula asafoetida with dehydrated dialdol product as potent antifungal agent.
- Archna Rani and Sapna Jain
- Indian Patent application number 719/Del/2009 (07.04.2009).
- Synergistic antifungal composition of Dehydrated dialdol product and natural product Archna Rani, Sapna Jain P.Dureja.
- Indian Patent application number 2791/Del/2008 (10.12.2008).
- Chapter 12: Nano-catalyst: A Second Generation Tool for Green Chemistry, Book name: Green chemistry for environmental remediation,Scrivener Publishing and Wiley, 2011.Archna Rani, Sapna Jain and Sanjay K. Sharma
- Chapter 8: Characterization and Properties of Carbon Nanotubes,
- Book name: Advances in Materials Science and Applications, World Academic publishing.2016.
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Formation Mechanism of Nanoparticles and Rods of 1,5-Bis(2-Halophenyl)Penta-1,4-Dien-3-One , J Nanomater Mol Nanotechnol 2015, 4:5
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new 1,2,4-triazine and benzimidazole derivatives, Indian Journal of chemistry, Vol. 53B , March 2014, pp325-331.
- One step synthesis of superparamagnetic Fe3O4 and PANI composites, Journal of Chemistry, , Journal of Chemistry, volume 2014, 2014.
- History, Introduction and kinetics of ion exchange materials, Journal of Chemistry, volume 2013, 2013.
- Investigation on Insecticidal Activity Of Some ,-Unsaturated Carbonyl Compounds And Their Synergistic Combination With Natural Products Against Phenacoccus solenopsis (Tinsley),Journal of Plant Protection and research, Vol. 52(1), 2012.
- Oral presentation: Application of diverse analytical techniques in characterization and biological screening. International conference of Engineering and Applied Sciences, SEAS International, Haridwar, 17-18th June, 2013.
- Oral presentation: Bis(2-hydroxyphenyl)pent-1,4-diene-3 one: a miraculous compound with versatile applications International conference on Biology, Environment and Chemistry, Dubai, 28-30 Dec, 2011.
- Oral presentation: Synergism between synthetic and natural products: Opportunities for environment-friendly fungicides, 14th annual green chemistry and engineering conference (ACS), Washington, USA, 21-23 June, 2010.
- Oral presentation (awarded best oral presentation): Nanocatalyst: a second generation tool for green chemistry.International Symposium on Catalysis, Allahabad Agriculture Deemed University, 3-4 November, 2009.
- Oral presentation: “Combination of synthetic chemicals and natural products (CHEMONAP):Ecologically safe approach to develop novel antibacterial agents” in 12th EuCheMS International Conference on Chemistry and the Environment 14-17 June 2009, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Oral Presentation: Control of plant pests using environment friendly synergistic formulation of synthetic and natural products, ICCE,Chandigarh , 19-21, December, 2010.
- Oral presentation: Innovative approach for the development of environmentally benign agrochemicals, National conference on Innovations in engineering, DTU, Delhi, 1-2 Nov,
- Poster presentation: Application of diverse analytical techniques in characterization and biological screening of 1, 5–bis (2–hydroxyphenyl)pent–1,4–diene–3–one. National symposium on analytic sciences. Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. 12-14 April, 2010.
- Poster Presentation: Antifeedant Activity Of α, β Unsaturated Carbonyl Compounds Against Tribolium Castaneum (Herbst),13th ISCB,International conference on Interplay of chemical and biological sciences:Impact on health and environment, Department of Chemistry, Delhi University, 26th Feb-1March,2009.
- Poster Presentation: Terpenoids as antifeedants: Green approach to green revolution”. National Seminar on Green Chemistry and Natural Products” organized at Delhi University on 26-27 November, 2007
- Workshop on Intellectual Property right and Information technology held at Delhi Technological University, Delhi.
- Workshop: Science & Technology and Sustainable Bio-economy for Women's Welfare" on 17th & 18th of May, Dehradun, organized by UCOST
- Indo-German Workshop On New Perspectives For Nano-Carriers In Biomedical Applications , Department Of Chemistry University Of Delhi Delhi – 110 007, 14th- January 2013.
- On going project: RURAL WOMEN TECHNOLOGY PARK OF UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM AND ENERGY STUDIES AT DEHRADUN, Catalyzed and Supported By SEED Division, DST, New Delhi