Dr. Annapurna P L L
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.Com (Hons), Sri Satya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Anantapur
MA (English Literature and Language), Pt.Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Ph.D. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
Language Used in the Advertisements, Role of Figures of Speech in the Recall of the Advertisements.
Research & Publications:
- PLL Annapurna & Jyoti Laxmi Kashyap, “Manifestation of Figures of Rhetoric in the Advertisements of Travel & Tourism Industry”. A Bi-Monthly Refereed and Indexed Open Access Journal, The Criterian: An International Journal in English. Vol. 5, Issue 5, PP.44-61.ISSN NO: 0976-8165(Online)
- PLL Annapurna & Dr. Minaxi Agarwal, “From the language, by the language and through the language -Exploration of Language used in the selected advertising campaigns of Maggi, Hero Vehicles and Surf ” IJELLH-International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities,Vol II,Issue VIII,Pp.506-516, December 2014. ISSN Number: 2321-7065. (Online)
- Published UPES Students’ Book - Sahai, V., & Annapurna, P.L.L. (2011; edited 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016). Students Handbook on Personality Enhancement. Dehradun: UPES Press.
- Published UPES Students’ Book - Sahai, V., & Annapurna, P.L.L. (2011; edited 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016). Students Handbook on Placement Selection Improvement. Dehradun.
- Attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Ecosystems and Human Well Being” and presented a paper entitled “Green Marketing” at the Government College for Women, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh on 2nd September, 2006.
- Attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on” Issues and Implications of Stress On Human Well Being” and presented a paper entitled “Stress in Working Women at the Government College for Women, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh on 08th-09th September, 2006.
- Presented Paper entitled- “E-PEDAGOGY FOR PAPERLESS EDUCATION” at National Conference on Tomorrow’s Technology For Education at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli on 17th & 18th March 2007.
- Presented Paper entitled-“Innovative pedagogies: Gate way for the placeability of the Students” at National Seminar on Communication Influencing Pedagogy in the Educational Institutions” at Padmanava College of Engineering, Rourkela on 1st February, 2008.
- Presented paper entitled-“Change….Change…Adapt….Lest thou shall not survive.” At National Conference On „Communication and Soft Skills from Academia and Corporate Perspectives held at National Institute Of Technology, Warangal – 506 021, A.P. on January 5-6, 2009.
- Participated in Faculty Development workshop on “Research Methodology for Resourcefulness” conducted by ICFAI National College, Rajahmundry on 22nd January, 2009.
- Attended and Participated in the workshop on “VERBAL & NON VERBAL COMMUNICATION FOR LEARNING EFFECTIVENESS” Conducted by the President of Hydro Carbons Energy Research Society, Mr.Sanjay Kaul on 13th October, 2009.
- Presented a paper on “Objection handling: Paramount for Smooth Sailing in Selling” at the International Conference on Soft Skills-A key To Professional Excellence on April 09th & 10th, 2010 organized by Himalayan Institute of Management.
- Presented a paper on “Travel Writing: Exploring Self and the others” at the 55th All India English Teachers’ Conference at Jagarlamudy Kuppuswamy Choudhry College, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh on January 10th-12th, 2011.
- Presented paper in the National Conference” entitled “Indian Writing in English: Text and Context” held at Kanya Gurukul Mahavidyalaya Dehradun on October 13th-14th, 2011.The topic of the presentation was “The Prospect of Socio-cultural matrix in the novels of Bhabani Bhattacharya”