Dr. Mariyam Ilyas Siddiqui
Assistant Professor (DOJ-27.01.2020, Regular)
B.A. (Hons.) (English Literature), Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
M.A. (English Literature), Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
Ph.D. (English Literature), Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
Area of Specialization:
Post Colonialism, Latin American Fiction, Magic Realism.
Research and Publications:
- Siddiqui, Mariyam Ilyas. “Interactive Theatre: Participation of Audiences and Their Role in Enhancing a Performance” (p 917-924) The Criterion: An International Journal in English (Refereed and UGC Approved). Volume 8 Issue III ISSN:0976-8165. June 2017.
- Siddiqui, Mariyam Ilyas. “The Ministry of Utmost Happiness: Roy’s Attempt to Represent India’s Struggle with Social Issues” (p 21-24) Quest Journals Journal of Research in Humanities and Social Science (Peer Reviewed, International Indexed). Volume 6 Issue 6 ISSN: 2321-9467. August 2018.
- Siddiqui, Mariyam Ilyas “No one writes to the Colonel: A Study through a Postcolonial Lens” (p 112-117) The Literary Herald (International and refereed). Volume 3 Issue 2 ISSN: 2454-3365. August 2017.
- Siddiqui, Mariyam Ilyas. “Memories of My Melancholy Whores: A Hint of Paedophilia or a misunderstood Romance” (p 1063-1068) International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities (International, indexed and peer reviewed). Volume 7 Issue 7 ISSN: 2321-7065. July 2019.
- “Breaking the Fourth Wall: Activating Change and Creating Awareness through Interactive Theatre” in XII International conference of Indian Society for Theatre Research (ISTR) on Interactivity and performance Practise: Local and Global Paradigms from 28th January- 30th January, 2016 held at Sanskriti Bhavan, Patto-Panaji-Goa.
- “From Bring Fakirs to the Illusionists: A Journey of an Art Form” in XIII International conference of Indian Society for Theatre Research (ISTR) on Travelling Performance and Theatre Cultures: Assessing the Praxis, Paradigms and Perspectives from 23rd January- 25th January 2017 held at Cultural Education Centre, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P.
- “Portrayal of a Secular Religion in the Representative Works of Salman Rushdie” in an International Conference on Religion, Literature and Culture from 15th September -16th September, 2017 held at Pune, Maharashtra.
- “Arundhati Roy’s The Ministry of Utmost Happiness: A Commemoration of the Struggles of Muslims, Queers and Orphans of Indian Subcontinent and their Triumph” in an Annual International Conference of The Indian Association for Commonwealth literature and Language Studies(IACLALS) FROM 8th February-10th February held at Department of English, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P.