Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
B.Sc. (Mathematics), Ranchi University, 2003.
M.Sc. (Mathematics), Ranchi University, 2005.
Ph.D. IIT Bombay, 2016.
Area of Specialization:
Data Analysis, Radiative transfer applications, Image Processing, Statistics
- Software Engineer, Computer Vision Labs, 2009-10.
- Research Associate, IIT Bombay, India 2015-2016.
- Assistant Professor, UPES (2016 to present)
No. Papers published in journals: 12
No. Papers presented in conferences: 4
Book Chapter: 02
No. Citations: 137
- Two View NURBS reconstruction based on GACO model, Deepika Saini, Sanoj Kumar, MK Singh and Musrrat Ali, Complex & Intelligent Systems (Springer), 2021.
- Application of a novel image moment computation in X‐ray and MRI image watermarking MK Singh, S Kumar, M Ali, D Saini, IET Image Processing, 1, 2020
- Detection of delay in post-monsoon agricultural burning across Punjab, India: potential drivers and consequences for air quality, T Liu, LJ Mickley, R Gautam, MK Singh, RS DeFries, ME Marlier, Environmental Research Letters, 5, 2020
- An Optimized Digital Watermarking Scheme Based on Invariant DC Coefficients in Spatial Domain, M Ali, C Wook Ahn, M Pant, S Kumar, MK Singh, D Saini, Electronics 9 (9), 1428,2, 2020
- Missing emissions from post-monsoon agricultural fires in northwestern India: regional limitations of MODIS burned area and active fire products, T Liu, ME Marlier, A Karambelas, M Jain, S Singh, MK Singh, R Gautam, Environmental Research Communications 1 (1), 011007, 21, 2019
- Urban Heat Island over Delhi punches Holes in Widespread Fog in the Indo‐Gangetic Plains, R Gautam, MK Singh, Geophysical Research Letters, 20, 2018
- Bayesian Merging of MISR and MODIS Aerosol Optical Depth Products Using Error Distributions From AERONET, MK Singh, R Gautam, P Venkatachalam, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 8, 2017
- Geostatistical Methods for Filling Gaps in Level-3 Monthly-Mean Aerosol Optical Depth Data from Multi-Angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer, MK Singh, RG Parvatham Venkatachalam, Aerosol and Air Quality Research 17, 1963-1974, 7, 2017
- PolarBRDF: A general purpose Python package for visualization and quantitative analysis of multi-angular remote sensing measurements, MK Singh, R Gautam, CK Gatebe, R Poudyal, Computers & Geosciences 96, 173-180, 4, 2016
- Radiative characteristics of clouds embedded in smoke derived from airborne multiangular measurements, R Gautam, CK Gatebe, MK Singh, T Várnai, R Poudyal, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 121 (15), 9140-9152
Research & Publication:
- Manoj K. Singh, Ritesh Gautam, Charles K. Gatebe, Rajesh Poudyal, PolarBRDF: A general purpose Python package for visualization and quantitative analysis of multi-angular remote sensing measurements, Computers & Geosciences, Volume 96, Pages 173-180, ISSN 0098-3004, doi:10.1016/j.cageo.2016.08.015, 2016
- R. Gautam, C. K. Gatebe, Manoj. K. Singh, T. Varnai and R. Poudyal, “Radiative characteristics of Clouds Embedded in Smoke derived from airborne multiangular measurements”, Journal of Geophysical Research – Atmosphere, doi:10.1002/2016JD025309, 2016.
Personal interests: Reading. Music.