Dr. Vikash Pandey
Assistant Professor, Senior Scale
Department of Mathematics, Applied Sciences & Humanities, School of Engineering
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), School of Engineering and Applied Science, Ahmedabad University, Gujarat, 2019-2020.
- Researcher, Dept. of Biosciences, University of Oslo, Norway, 2018-2019.
- Postdoctoral researcher, Dept. of Geosciences, The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø, 2016-2018.
- Research assistant, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2011-2012
- Geophysicist, GX-Technology, ION-Geophysical, USA, 2009-2011.
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- PhD, University of Oslo, Norway, 2016
- MSc, Banaras Hindu University, India, 2009
Honours and Achievements:
- Best presentation award in AMGG Meeting at Tromsø, 2018.
- Representative of “Engineering Acoustics” committee of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) Student Council, 2016.
- Qualified for the post of scientific officer in Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai, 2009.
- Grade “S” (10/10) obtained in M.Sc dissertation, 2009.
- Contribution: First derivation of Nutting’s law in rheology, Lomnitz’s creep law in seismology, and Curie-von Schweidler law in materials science, from physical principles using the framework of fractional derivatives.
- Interests: Interdisciplinary research using the mathematical framework of Fractional Calculus. Wave propagation in complex, multiphasic, non-Newtonian, poro-visco-elastic media. Nonlinear bubble dynamics and chaos. Applications to seismic exploration. Modeling of fluid flow and percolation through complex fractal networks. Mathematical modelling of ecology-evolution feedback and speciation.
- “Origin of the Curie-von Schweidler law and the fractional capacitor from time-varying capacitance”, Under Review (final stage) in Physical Review Letters. Preprint available at, DOI: https://arxiv.org/abs/2006.06073
- “Charge-voltage relation for a universal capacitor”, Under Review in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs. Preprint available at, DOI: https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.02410
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
Papers published in journals: 6
Papers presented in conferences: 2
Citations: 86 (as on 8-Sept-2020)
- Trekking, Hiking, Motorbiking, and Parasailing.
- Badminton and Skiing.