Dr. Ankush Vij
Sr. Associate Professor
Post Doctorate (2012), Korea Institute of Science and Technology Seoul, South Korea
PhD (Physics) 2010 from KU Kurukshetra and IUAC New Delhi, India
Post MSc (Accelerator Physics) 2005 from CCS Univ Meerut
B.Sc. (Physics) 2001 from HP University, Shimla India
- Sr. Associate Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, India. Sept 2020- till Date.
- Associate Professor, Amity University Haryana Gurugram, India April 2018 - Aug 2020
- Assistant Professor, Amity University Haryana Gurugram, India Aug 2015 - March 2018
- Assistant Professor, National Institute of Technology (NIT) Hamirpur, HP, India Aug 2012 - July 2015
- Visiting Scientist, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Seoul, South Korea May 2011-July 2012
- Assistant Professor, Amity University Haryana Gurugram, India June 2010 - April 2011
No. Papers published in journals: 90
- National Conferences/Workshops organized: 03
- Conferences/ Symposiums/ Workshops attended: 40
- Patent Filed: 01
- Books Chapters: 04
- Materials for solid state lighting (LEDs), optical imaging, upconversion and energy applications; Lumino-magnetic materials
- Thermoluminescence and radiation dosimetry
- Ion beam induced modifications in materials
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy using synchrotron radiations for electronic structure study
- Persistent NIR and visible light emitting materials for various applications
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials, thin films and graphene based composite materials for various applications
Journal Publications (SCOPUS/ SCI Index):
- Published articles in journals like Journal of Materials Chemistry C, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Scientific Reports, Dalton Transactions, Journal of European Ceramic Society, Applied Surface Science, Acta Crystallographica B, Physica Status Solidi, Materials Letters etc.
- For details, kindly refer: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=DAZra74AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
- Awarded - 02;
- Thesis Submitted: 02
- In Progress: 02
- UGC-DAE-CSR funded Projec entitled “Development of Nanophosphors for Solid State Lighting: Electronic and Luminescence Studies” 2017-20 (Principal Investigator)
- IUAC funded Research Project entitled “Ion Beam induced Modification in MgO based Nanophosphors: Luminescence and related study” 2016-19 (Principal Investigator)
- International Collaborative Research Project with KIST Seoul entitled “Characterization of Materials for Luminescence based applications” 2018-21. Extended from 2021-24 (Principal Investigator),
- IUAC funded Research Project entitled “Luminescence studies of swift heavy ion irradiated rare earth ions doped MgO based nanophosphors” 2018-21 (Co-Principal Investigator)
- IUAC funded Research Project entitled “Effect of swift heavy ion irradiation on the luminescence properties of ZrO2 based nanophosphors” 2019-22 (Co-Principal Investigator)
- DST-FIST Research Project sanctioned to Physics Dept. Amity University Haryana, 2019-24 (Team Member)
- Industry sponsored research project entitled “Development of luminescent nanomaterials for optical imaging and night vision devices” 2022-25 (Principal Investigator)
- Life Member, Luminescence Society of India
- Life Member, Indian Physics Association – Life Member (IPA)
- Member , International X-ray absorption Society (IXAS)
- Member, International Association of Advanced Materials
- Visiting Scientist Award to visit KIST Seoul and PAL Pohang from Jul 09, 2018 to July 27, 2018.
- Visiting Scientist Award to visit KIST Seoul and PAL Pohang from June 10, 2017 to July 20, 2017.
- Young Visiting Scientist Award by the industry RINZTECH Tauranga, New Zeeland.
- Guest Editor (2020-21) in SCI journal Applied Nanoscience (Springer), having an Impact factor of 3.6
- Nominated by DAE-BARC as an expert for Poster Evaluation for DAE-SSPS 2015.
- UGC - Dr. D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Research Fellowship
- Korean Travel Grant to visit Taiwan Light Source Hsinchu, Taiwan (Two times)
- DST Travel Award to visit Krakow Poland for LUMDETR-2009.
- Delivered several invited talks in different institute/ Universities
Personal interests: Spending time with family, Listening Music, Poetry, Visiting New places, Playing Chess etc.