Dr. Prateek Bhojane
- Papers published in journals: 8
- Papers presented in conferences: More than 12
- Citations: 244
Academic Background :
- PhD. (Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science), Indian Institute of Technology Indore, 2014-2019.
- MSc. (Nanoscience and Nanotechnology), Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, 2012-2014.
- BSc. (Physics), Government Holkar Science Autonomous College, 2008-2011.
- Postdoctoral Researcher at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan (July 2019-March 2021)
- Teaching Assistant at Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India (July 2014-February 2019)
- Graduate Trainee at ACC Cement Ltd., Chandrapur, Maharashtra, India (July 2011- May 2012)
Honours and Achievements:
- Delivered an invited talk titled “Energy Storage: The Key to Renewable, Clean and Reliable Electricity for Humanity,” at Sri Vaishnav Institute of Management, Indore, India on May 27, 2021.
- Delivered a talk at TEQIP-III Sponsored Active Learning Course titled “Characterization of Materials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy,” at IIT Indore, India on February 04, 2019.
- Delivered a talk at GIAN Course titled “One-dimensional metal-oxide nanostructures: Recent developments in synthesis, characteristics, and applications,” in the Discipline of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, at IIT Indore, India on April 01, 2019.
- Received Best Paper Presentation Award at “International Workshop of Advanced Nanoscience and Engineering-2017,” at MEMS, IIT Indore, India on 1st December 2017.
- Invited Speaker at the “7th International Symposium on Energy,” at Manchester, England on 15th August 2017.
- A secured grant from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India for the International Travel Support scheme grant number ITS/2059/2017-18.
- Received Best Oral Presentation Award at IRTDC-2017, Sinhgad Institute, Solapur India.
- Doctoral fellowship under the Teaching Assistant (TA) category from Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), India from July 2014-February 2019.
- Secured All India 353rd rank in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) (2014).
- Contribution: A total of 8 scientific peer-reviewed SCI/Scopus indexed publications and 3 scientific works are in the preparation/communication stage. Presented research contributions nationally/internationally in numerous conferences. One of the recent research studies leads to solving a unique scientific problem where the crystal structure was solved for metal carbonate hydroxide hydrate-based material, this study has helped to explore a similar class of materials.
- Interest: Development of nanomaterials for alternative energy storage applications, sustainable energy, Electrochemistry, energy storage applications: supercapacitors and batteries, nanomaterials synthesis, characterizations, electrochemical storage. Transition metal hydroxide/oxide transition metal carbonate hydroxide hydrate, carbon nanomaterials, bioderived carbon materials.
- Prateek Bhojane, Armel Le Bail, and Parasharam M. Shirage, “A Quarter of a Century after its Synthesis and with >200 Papers Based on its use, `Co(CO3)5(OH)·0.11H2O′ Proves to be Co6(CO3)2(OH)8·H2O from Synchrotron Powder Diffraction Data,” IUCr Acta Cryst. C: Structural Chemistry, C75 (2019) 61-64. (Impact factor: 1.09)
- Prateek Bhojane, Lichchhavi Sinha, Uttam K. Goutam and Parasharam M. Shirage, “A 3D Mesoporous flowers of Nickel Carbonate Hydroxide Hydrate for High-Performance Electrochemical Energy Storage Application” Electrochimica Acta, 296 (2019) 112-119. (I.F.=6.215)
- Prateek Bhojane, Lichchhavi Sinha, Rupesh Devan, and Parasharam M. Shirage, “Mesoporous Layered Hexagonal Platelets of Co3O4 nanoparticle with (111) facets for the battery: High Performance and Ultra-High-Rate Capability,” Nanoscale, 10 (2018) 1779-1787. (I.F.=6.895)
- Prateek Bhojane, Alfa Sharma, Manojit Pusty, Yogendra Kumar, Somaditya Sen, and Parasharam M. Shirage, "Synthesis of Ammonia-assisted porous Nickel Ferrite (NiFe2O4) nanostructures as an electrode material for supercapacitors,” Nanosci. Nanotech., 17 (2017) 1387–1392. (I.F.=1.354)
- Prateek Bhojane, Somaditya Sen, and Parasharam M. Shirage, "Enhanced electrochemical performance of Mesoporous NiCo2O4 as an excellent supercapacitive alternative energy storage material", Surf. Sci., 377 (2016) 376-384. (I.F.=6.182)
- Lichchhavi Sinha, Srimanta Pakhira, Prateek Bhojane, Sawanta Mali, Chang Kook Hong, Parasharam Shirage, “Hybridization of Co3O4 and α-MnO2 nanostructures for the high-performance nonenzymatic glucose sensing,” ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 6 (2018) 13248-13261. (I.F.=7.632)
- Alfa Sharma, Prateek Bhojane, Amit Kumar Rana, Yogendra Kumar, and Parasharam M. Shirage, Mesoporous Nickel Cobalt Hydroxide/Oxide as an Excellent Room Temperature Ammonia Sensor, Scripta Materialia, 128, (2016) 65-68. (I.F.=5.079)
- Yogendra Kumar, Amit Kumar Rana, Prateek Bhojane, Manojit Pusty, Vivas Bagwe, Somaditya Sen, Parasharam M Shirage, "Controlling of ZnO nanostructures by solute concentration and its effect on growth, structural and optical properties," Res. Express, 2 (2015) 105017. (I.F.=1.929)
- Prateek Bhojane and Parasharam M. Shirage, 1D Nanowire Arrays of Cobalt Carbonate Hydroxide Hydrate as an Excellent Battery-type Electrode Material (In preparation).
- Prateek Bhojane and Parasharam M. Shirage “Wire-in-a Sheet”: A Battery-type 3D Hierarchical Core-Shell Nanostructured Cobalt Carbonate Hydroxide@Zinc Carbonate Hydroxide Electrode for High-Performance Energy Storage Application (In preparation).
- Prateek Bhojane, Rajashekhar Badam, and Noriyoshi Matsumi, Interlayer engineering in bridged graphene oxide framework (B-GOF) towards achieving the high capacitance supercapacitors (In preparation).
- Prateek Bhojane, Rajashekhar Badam, and Noriyoshi Matsumi, Waste Bio-derived carbon anode from Camellia Japonica Linn for enhanced Lithium-ion storage (In preparation).