Dr. Ratnesh K Pandey
Assistant Professor- Senior Scale
PhD (Physics) 2015 from University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
Master of Science (Physics) 2008 from University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
B.Sc. (Physics) 2006 from University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
- Assistant Professor- Senior Scale, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. Jan 2019- Till Date.
- Assistant Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun. India. June 2016- December 2018.
- Assistant Professor, Suraj Degree College, Mahendragarh, Haryana, India. July 2015- June 2016.
- Lecturer, United College of Engineering and Research, Allahabad, India August 2008- April 2009
No. Papers published in journals: 20
No. of book chapter: 1
No. Papers presented in conferences: 18
No. Citations: 200
- Interest- Key Sputtering, Ion induced material modification, Fluorides, Thin films, Structural materials, Radiation resistance, Nano-clusters, Density Functional Theory (DFT), Metal-organic frameworks.
Journal Publications (SCOPUS/ SCI Index):
- Vandana, Preeti Chhokkar, Sushil Kumar, Vinamrita Singh, Ratnesh K Pandey, Tanuj Kumar, Shyam Kumar, Projectile’s mass-dependent nanopatterning of Si (1 0 0) for different incidence angles, Materials Letters, 309 (2022) 131348, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2021.131348
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Bimetallic Metal-Organic Frameworks (BMOFs) and Their Potential Applications, Metal−Organic Frameworks for Carbon Capture and Energy, (2021) Chapter 1 pp 3-15, ACS Symposium Series Vol. 1393
- Munish Kumar, Tanuj Kumar, Ratnesh K Pandey, Sachin Pathak, Ramesh Kumar, Roughening and Sputtering Kinetics of Pt Thin Films at different Angles of Ion Irradiation, Materials Letters, Volume 303 (2021) 130474
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Sachin Pathak, Manvendra Kumar, Udai B Singh, Saif A Khan, Tanuj Kumar, Shikha Awasthi, DK Avasthi, Avinash C Pandey, Surface erosion of BaF2 thin films under SHI irradiation: Angular distribution and role of different substrates, Applied Surface Science, Volume 551 ( 2021) 149343
- Munish Kumar, Ratnesh Kumar Pandey, Sachin Pathak, Sunil Ojha, Tanuj Kumar, Ramesh Kumar, Surface Engineering of Pt Thin Films by Low Energy Heavy Ion Irradiation, Applied Surface Science, Volume 540 (2021) 148338
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Tanuj Kumar, Udai B Singh, Shikha Awasthi, Avinash C Pandey, SHI induced evolution of surface and wettability of BaF 2 thin films, MRS Advances Volume 4, Issue 28-29 (2019) , pp. 1667-1672, https://doi.org/10.1557/adv.2019.168
- Kavyashree, Ratnesh Pandey, Dr Ram Pratap Yadav, Manvendra Kumar, Hari Pratap Bhasker, Ashok Mittal, A. C. Pandey, Satyendra N Pandey: Substrate effect on the evolution of surface morphology of BaF2 thin films: A study based on fractal concepts. Applied Surface Science 466(2019) 780-786
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Shikha Awasthi, Tanuj Kumar, Avinash C. Pandey: Size and strain analysis of CaF2 thin films. AIP Conference Proceedings 2006 (1)(2018), 030042
- Manvendra Kumar, Ratnesh K Pandey, Parasmani Rajput, SA Khan, Fouran Singh, DK Avasthi, Avinash C Pandey: Swift heavy ions induced nano-grain fragmentation in fluoride thin films. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Volume 695, 2017, Pages 83-90, ISSN 0925-8388.
- Manvendra Kumar, Ratnesh K Pandey, Parasmani Rajput, Saif A Khan, Udai B Singh, Devesh K Avasthi, Avinash C Pandey: SHI induced surface re-organization of non-amorphisable nanodimensional fluoride thin films. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2017, 19, 23229-23238.
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Sandeep Nigam, Kevin Waters, Ravindra Pandey, Avinash Chandra Pandey: Vibrational spectra of (BaF2)n (n=1-6) clusters. AIP Conference Proceedings 1731 (1)(2016), 090034
- Udai Bhan Singh, Ram Pratap Yadav, Ratnesh K. Pandey, Dinesh Chandra Agarwal, Compesh Pannu and Ashok Kumar Mittal: Insight mechanisms of surface structuring and wettability of ion treated Ag thin films. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2016, 120 (10), pp 5755–5763
- R. P. Yadav, R. K. Pandey, A. K. Mittal, Manvendra Kumar, and A. C. Pandey: Surface Roughness and Fractal Study of CaF2 Thin Films. Mater. Focus 4, 403-408 (2015)
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Manvendra Kumar, Tanuj Kumar, Avinash C. Yadav, Udai B. Singh, Saif A. Khan, Ambuj Tripathi, D. K. Avasthi, Avinash C. Pandey: Dynamic scaling of swift heavy ion induced surface restructuring of BaF2 thin film. Materials Letters 143 (2015) 309-311.
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Kevin Waters, Sandeep Nigam, Haiying He, Subhash S. Pingale, Avinash C. Pandey, Ravindra Pandey: A Theoretical Study of Structural and Electronic Properties of Alkaline-Earth Fluoride Clusters. Computational and Theoretical Chemistry 1043 (2014) 24-30.
- Manvendra Kumar, S.A. Khan, Ratnesh K Pandey, Parasmani Rajput, Fouran Singh, DK Avasthi, AC Pandey: Damage creation in Lithium Fluoride thin films induced by swift heavy ions. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 332 (2014) 134.
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Manvendra Kumar, Saif A. Khan, Tanuj Kumar, Ambuj Tripathi, D.K. Avasthi, Avinash C. Pandey: Study of electronic sputtering of CaF2 thin films. Applied Surface Science, 289 (2014) 77– 80.
- R. P. Yadav, R. K. Pandey, A. K. Mittal, S. Dwivedi, A. C. Pandey: Multifractal analysis of sputtered CaF2 thin films. Surface and Interface Analysis, 45 (2013) 11-12.
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Manvendra Kumar, Udai B. Singh, Saif A. Khan, D.K. Avasthi, Avinash C. Pandey: Swift heavy-ions induced sputtering in BaF2 thin films. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, 314 (2013) 21–25.
- Tanuj Kumar, Manish Kumar, Govind Gupta, R K Pandey, S Verma, D Kanjilal: Role of surface composition in morphological evolution of GaAs nano-dots with low-energy ion irradiation. Nanoscale Research Letters 7, 1 (2012):1-8.
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Avinash C. Pandey, Saif A. Khan, D. K. Avasthi: Sputtering of CaF2 Thin Films. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1349 (2011) 651.
Total 18 international/national conferences/seminars, 1 invited talk, 4 oral presentations including one abroad (Japan), one Best Poster award.
Key conferences are as follows:
- Invited Lecture in International Seminar on Green Chemistry: Synthesis, Processing and Devices (ISGCSPD-2018) organized by Department of Chemistry, V. K. S. University, Ara during April 6-7, 2018.
- Ratnesh K Pandey, Manvendra Kumar, Tanuj Kumar, Udai B Singh, Ambuj Tripathi, D. K . Avasthi, Avinash C. Pandey: Swift Heavy Ions induced Material Reorganization on Surface of BaF2 thin films. International conference on swift heavy ions induced material engineering and characterization (SHIMEC 2014), New Delhi, India; Oct 14-17, 2014. ORAL Presentation
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, M. Kumar, Saif A. Khan, D. K. Avasthi and Avinash C. Pandey, Swift Heavy Ion Induced Sputtering in BaF2 Thin Films, International Symposium on Swift Heavy Ions in Matter (SHIM 2012), Kyoto, Japan; Oct 24-27, 2012. ORAL Presentation
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Saif A. Khan, M. Kumar, Udai B. Singh, Tanuj Kumar, Dinesh C. Aggarwal, D.K . Avasthi, Ambuj Tripathi and Avinash C. Pandey, Study of Surface Modifications and Ejection Process in BaF2 Thin Films Due to Bombardment of 100 Mev Au+28 Ions. International Conference on Swift Heavy Ions in Materials Engineering and Characterization (SHIMEC 2012), New Delhi, India; Oct 9-12, 2012. ORAL Presentation
- Ratnesh K. Pandey, Prashant K. Sharma, Saif A. Khan, D. K. Avasthi, A. C. Pandey, Creation of One Dimensional CaF2 Nanostructures by SHI Induced Thin Films Irradiation, 4th International Conference, “INDIAS 2010, Allahabad, India; Sept 19-21, 2010. POSTER AND ORAL Presentations, Best Poster Award.
Projects or Ph.D.’s guided:
- Investigation of radiation damage in WC nanostructures using ion beams for fusion reactor by Funding Agency, Amount (INR)3,400,000, Duration 3 Years (2021), PhD guided 1.
- 2D Materials: Multilayer GaN, by Funding Agency SERB, India, Amount (INR)550,000
- Indian Physics Association – Life Member (IPA)
- Core member of the United Science Foundation
- Life member of The Society for Material Chemistry
- Life member of Ion beam society of India
Personal interests: Cricket, movies, literature