Dr. Santosh Dubey
Professor & Faculty-in-Charge (Physics)
B.Sc. (PCM), DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, UP
M.Sc. (Physics), DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, UP
MS (Computational Science), Department of Scientific Computing, Florida State University, USA
Ph.D. (Computational Material Science), Department of Scientific Computing, Florida State University, USA
Post-Doctoral Research, School of Nuclear Engineering, Purdue University, USA
Former Scientist, Institute for Plasma Research, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
Area of Specialization:
Mathematical modeling and simulation in materials, Solar photovoltaics, Reservoir modeling, Material modification using ion-beam irradiation
Research & Publications:
- Maity, Santosh Dubey, Anter El-Azab, R. Singhal, S. Ojha, P. K. Kulriya, S. Dhar, T. Som, D. Kanjilal and Shiv P. Patel, An assessment on crystallization phenomena of Si in Al/a-Si thin films via thermal annealing and ion irradiation, acceptedin RSC Advances (2020).
- G Maity, S Ojha, Santosh Dubey, PK Kulriya, I Sulania, S Dhar, T Som, D Kanjilal, Shiv P Patel, Crystallization of Ge in ion-irradiated amorphous-Ge/Au thin films, Crystal Engineering Communications, DOI: 1039/C9CE01584A (2020).
- G Maity, R Singhal, Santosh Dubey, S Ojha, PK Kulriya, S Dhar, T Som, D Kanjilal & Shiv P Patel,Aluminum induced crystallization of amorphous Si: Thermal annealing and ion irradiation process, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 523(2019)
- PK Bhargav, K.S.R. Murthy, K Kaur, M.S. Goyat, JK. Pandey, Santosh Dubey, S Sharma & C Pant,Influence of Al and Al-Cu dual doping on structural, optical, wetting and anti-fungal properties of ZnO nanoparticles, Materials Research Innovations, DOI: 1080/14328917.2019.1686560 (2019).
- K M Sankar, D Kakkar, Santosh Dubey, S V Garimella, MS Goyat, SK Joshi & JK Pandey,Theoretical and computational studies on nanofriction: a review, Proceedings of the institution of mechanical engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology, 0 (2019) 1-18.
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Deformation Behaviour of Gold Nanowires, S. K. Joshi, Kailash Pandey, Sanjeev K. Singh and Santosh Dubey, Journal of Nanotechnology, volume 2019, Article ID 5710759, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/5710749 (2019).
- Yogesh Kumar Singh,,Santosh Dubey and S. Sastry, Performance of HIT module in different climatic condition in India, materials today proceedings, 17 (2019) 321-328.
- Pramod Rajput, Yogesh Kumar Singh, G.N. Tiwari, O.S. Sastry, Santosh Dubey, Kailash Pandey,Life cycle assessment of the 3.2 kW cadmium telluride (CdTe) photovoltaic system in composite climate of India,Solar Energy, 159 (2019) 415-422.
- Venkateswaran PS, Santosh Dubey, Abhishek Sharma, Ajay Agarwal and Sanket Goel,Stereolithographic 3D Printed Microfluidic viscometer for Rapid Detection of Automobile Fuel Adulteration, Sensor Letters, 15 (2017) 545-551.
- Venkateshwaran PS, Santosh Dubey, Abhishek Sharma, Ajay Agarwal and Sanket Goel,Rapid and Automated Measurement of Milk Adulteration using a 3D Printed Optofluidic MicroViscometer (OMV), IEEE Sensors Journal, 16 (2016) 3000-3007.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El-Azab, A defect-based model of radiation-induced segregation to free surfaces in binary alloys,Computational Materials Science, 106 (2015)111-122.
- Santosh Dubey et al., On the issue of radiation-induced instability in binary solid solutions, proceeding in Conference Papers in Science, 2014, Article ID 849241 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/849241) (2014)
- S. Tewari, Archna Dhyani, S.K. Joshi, Santosh Dubey and Kailash Pandey, Study of Magnetic Property of Sn Doped Ni-Zn-Fe Nanoparticles, proceeding in Conference Papers in Science, 2014, Article ID 816970 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/816970) (2014).
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, Irradiation-induced composition patterning in binary solid solutions, Journal of Applied Physics 114 (2013) 124901.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El-Azab, Computational modeling of radiation-induced segregation in concentrated binary alloys, MRS/proceedings 1526, doi:10.1557/op1.2013.493 (2013).
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf,Irradiation-driven compositional changes in alloys, MRS/proceedings 1369/mrss11-1369-xx05-06/, doi:10.1557/opl.2011.1513 (2011).
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf,Coupled microstructure and microchemical evolution in irradiated alloys, proceedings of symposium on Radiation Effects, Multiscale Materials Modeling (MMM 2010), Edited by: Peter Gumbusch, 681-684, October 2010.
- Bernd A. Berg and Santosh Dubey,Finite volume Kolmogorov-Johnson-Mehl-Avrami theory, Physical Review Letters, 100 (2008)165702.
- Alexei Bazavov, Bernd A. Berg and Santosh Dubey, Phase Transition Properties of 2D Potts Model, , Nuclear Physics B, 802[FS] (2008) 421-434.
- P Chaudhary, P. Santra, S. Khirwadkar, N. Ravi Prakash, A. Prakash, Santosh Dubey, D. Chenna Reddy, Y C Saxena,Engineering and thermal hydraulics design of PFC cooling for SST-1 Tokamak, 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics (NURETH-11) Popes’ Palace Convention Center, Avignon, France, October 2-6, 2005.
Shivank Omar, Santosh Dubey, R M Reddy and Nishant Kumar,Concentrated Tetrahedron Photovoltaic System, patent published (application no.: 201711027035).
- Modeling and Simulation of gas production from shale reservoirs, consultancy project by ABB Bangalore (amount: 23 lacs) as co-PI
- Beam time project entitled “Investigation of formation and stabilization of low resistance Ni-Si phase under ion irradiation” from IUAC, Delhi (for JRF funding) as PI
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement
- Computational Materials Science
- Name: Venkateswaran P S (graduated)
Topic/area of work: Optofluidic Microviscometer (OMV) For Measuring Adulteration and Blending in Fluids
- Name: Yogesh K. Singh (ongoing)
Topic/area of work: Outdoor Performance, Modeling and Simulation Analysis of Different SPV Technologies in Composite Climate Zone
- Adelaide Wilson Material Sciencefellowship for academic year 2008-2009 by Florida State University (2008)
- Semifinalist in India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017 (IICDC 2017) organized by Texas Instruments and Coordinated by IIM Bangalore.
Professional Presentations (Oral)
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El-Azab,Irradiation-induced nanoscale composition patterns in binary solid solutions, invited talk in the National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India, January 9-10, 2014.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Driven Alloys: A Case of Irradiation-Induced Composition Patterning in Concentrated Binary Systems, invited talk in symposium on Microstructure Evolution across Multiple Length Scales: Defects to Material Properties, 6th International Conference on Multiscale Materials Modeling 2012 (MMM2012), October 15-19, 2012, Biopolis, Singapore.
- Anter El Azab and Santosh Dubey,Irradiation Induced Composition Patterns and Segregation to Free Surfaces in Miscible Binary Solid Solutions, TMS 2019, March 10-14, San Antonio, Texas, USA (date of presentation: 11th March, 2019 from 9.50 – 10.20 AM).
- Santosh Dubey, S K Joshi, Meenakshi Vishwanathan, Sanket Goel, B S Tewari and Kailash Pandey,Study of Atomic Scale Friction Using Atomic Force Microscopy and Molecular Dynamics Simulations, presented at National Conference on Alternate Energy Resources, Environment Protection and Global Economic Growth, DIT University, Dehradun, UK (9th& 10th September 2016).
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, S. K. Joshi and B. S. Tewari, Temporal stiffness in metallic alloys under irradiation, presented at 19th International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences (CONIAPS XIX), Kumaun University, Nainital, UK (October 17-19, 2016).
- Santosh Dubey, Santosh Joshi, Rishabh Sethi, Rajeev Gupta,Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Deformation Behavior of Metallic Nanowires, presented at XXVII IUPAP (International Union of Pure and Applied Physicists) Conference on Computational Physics (CCP2015), IIT Guwahati, 2-5 December 2015.
- Santosh Dubey, S. K. Joshi and B. S. Tewari,On the issue of radiation-induced instability in binary solid solutions, presented in the National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India (2014).
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Irradiation-induced Composition Instabilities in Binary Systems, MRS Fall meeting, November 25-30, 2012, Boston, MA, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Radiation-induced Segregation in Concentrated Binary Alloys, MRS Fall meeting, November 25-30, 2012, Boston, MA, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Composition Patterning in Irradiated Binary Alloys, presented in Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) team working meeting, July 16, 2012, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, Temporal Stiffness in Reaction-Diffusion Systems, presented in Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) team working meeting, July 17, 2012, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Radiation-induced compositional patterning and segregation in concentrated binary alloys, presented in The minerals, metals and materials society (TMS), March 11-15, 2012, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Coupled microstructure and compositional changes in irradiated alloys, presented in MRS Spring meeting, April 25-29, 2011, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf,Irradiation-induced microchemical changes in concentrated binary alloys, presented in symposium on New Advances in Structural Materials and Fuels for Future Fusion and Fission Technologies, MRS Fall meeting, November 29-December 3, 2010, Boston, MA, USA.
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf,Coupled microstructure and microchemical evolution in irradiated alloys, presented in symposium on Radiation Effects, Multi-scale Materials Modeling 2010 (MMM2010), October 4-9, 2010, Freiburg, Germany.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Fundamental Derivation of Phase Field Equations for Microstructural Evolution in Metals with Defects, presented in symposium on Solid-State Interfaces: Toward and Atomistic-Scale Understanding of Structure, Properties, and Behavior through Theory and Experiment, TMS meeting February 14-18, 2010, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf,Irradiation-driven microchemical changes in concentrated binary alloys, presented in Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC) meeting, March 9-10, 2010, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA.
- Anter El Azab, Santosh Dubey and Dieter Wolf,Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics of Irradiated Alloy Fuels, presented in 5th Forum on New Materials: Materials Challenges for Future Nuclear Fission and Fusion Technologies, June 13-18, 2010, Montecatini, Terme, Italy.
- Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, Paul Millet and Dieter Wolf,Phase Field Modeling of Void microstructure Evolution in Irradiated Metals, presented in symposium on Computational Thermodynamics and Kinetics, TMS meeting, 14-18 Feb 2010, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, Paul Millet and Dieter Wolf,,Phase Field Modeling of Void Nucleation and Growth in Irradiated Metals,presented in symposium on Materials Research Needs to Advance Nuclear Energy, MRS Fall Meeting, November 30-December 4, 2009.
- Anter El Azab, Dieter Wolf, Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Paul Millet, Michael Tonks,Non-equilibrium thermodynamics of irradiation-induced disorder and microstructure evolution in nuclear fuels, presented in 8th International Workshop on Materials Models and Simulations for Nuclear Fuels (MMSNF-8), 19-21 October 2009, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Santosh Dubey& Anter El-Azab,Tailoring nanoscale patterns using irradiation as a tool, presented in the International Seminar on Nanotechnology in Conventional and Alternate Energy: A global status and pathway on 12-13 August, 2013, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, Compositional patterning in concentrated binary alloys, presented in Computational Science exposition on April 14, 2011, Department of Scientific computing, Florida State University, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab,Irradiation-induced material redistribution in concentrated binary alloys, presented in Florida Society For Materials Simulation (FSMS) meeting, August 2-3, 2010, University of Central Florida, Orlando, USA.
- Santosh Dubey, Srujan Rokkam and Anter El Azab,Radiation-induced material redistribution in concentrated binary alloys, presented in Computational Science exposition on March 15, 2010, Department of Scientific computing, Florida State University, USA.
- Santosh Dubey and Shashank Chaturvedi,Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) study of Skin-Effect in Conductors, presented in 16th National Symposium of Science and Technology, December 2001, Guwahati, India.
Refresher/training courses/workshop/symposia attended
- Attended a refresher course on “Statistical Physics” sponsored by Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and The National Academy of Sciences India, Allahabad, held at Sir P. T. Sarvajanik College of Science, Surat from 18 to 30 December 2017.
- A short course in Atomistic Modeling of Materials (GIAN 2019, an initiative of MHRD), Govt. of India, from December 23, 2019 to December 27, 2019 at IIT Delhi.
- Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) Project: Computational Microstructure Science,organized by Argonne National Laboratory, July 16-17, 2012, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Atomic Level Response of Materials to Irradiation, Summer School organized by Energy Frontier Research Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), June 20-25, 2010, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.