Dr. Santosh Dubey
Professor & Program Leader (Physics)
Ph.D. (Computational Material Science) 2012 from Florida State University, USA
MS (Computational Science) 2008 Florida State University, USA
M.Sc. (Physics) 1999 from DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, UP
B.Sc. (PCM) 1997 from DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, UP
- Professor, UPES Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. January 2019 – till date.
- Associate Professor, UPES Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. January 2017 – December 31, 2018
- Assistant Professor, UPES Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. April 2013 – December 2016
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Purdue University, USA August 2012 – April 2013
- Scientist - SC, Institute for Plasma Research (Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India), Gujarat September 2001 – July 2006
- Technical Trainee, Institute for Plasma Research (Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India), Gujrat. September 2000 – August 2001
Number of papers published in journals: 20
Number of papers published in conferences: 05
Number of citations: 175
Number of Patents: 01 (granted), 01(published), 01(submitted)
- Program Leader (Physics), Applied Science Cluster, UPES Dehradun January 2022 – till date
- Member, Cluster Headship (Applied Science), UPES Dehradun October 2021 – December 2021
- Faculty-in-Charge (Physics), Applied Science, UPES Dehradun September 2019 – October 2021
Interest: Mathematical Modeling and Simulation in Materials, Solar photovoltaics, Reservoir Modeling, Material modification using ion-beam irradiation, Numerical Programming.M
- Electrochemical impedimetric analysis of different dimensional (0D–2D) carbon nanomaterials for effective biosensing of L-tyrosine, S Roy, Sourav Sain, Shikha Wadhwa, Ashish Mathur, Santosh Dubey and Susanta S Roy, Measurement Science & Technology, 33, 014002 (2021) (co-author)
- A neural network model of PV module temperature as a function of weather parameters prevailing in composite climate zone of India, Anish H. Verma, S. K. Joshi, Yogesh K. Singh & Santosh Dubey(2021),International Journal of Ambient Energy,DOI:10.1080/01430750.2021.1909132 (corresponding author)
- Growth of low resistive nickel mono-silicide phase under low energy Si ion irradiation at room temperature, G Maity, S. Ojha, G.R. Umapathy, Shiv P. Patel, Anter El Azab, Kailash Pandey, Santosh Dubey, Thin Solid Films, 733, 138826 (2021).(corresponding author)
- An assessment on crystallization phenomena of Si in Al/a-Si thin films via thermal annealing and ion irradiation, G. Maity, Santosh Dubey, Anter El-Azab, R. Singhal, S. Ojha, P. K. Kulriya, S. Dhar, T. Som, D. Kanjilal and Shiv P. Patel, RSC Advances, 10, 4414 (2020) (co-author)
- Crystallization of Ge in ion-irradiated amorphous-Ge/Au thin films, G Maity, S Ojha, S Dubey, PK Kulriya, I Sulania, S Dhar, T Som, D Kanjilal, Shiv P Patel, Crystal Engineering Communications, 22, 666 (2020). (co-author)
- Aluminum induced crystallization of amorphous Si: Thermal annealing and ion irradiation process, G Maity, R Singhal, Santosh Dubey, S Ojha, PK Kulriya, S Dhar, T Som, D Kanjilal & Shiv P Patel, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 523, 119628(2019). (co-author)
- Influence of Al and Al-Cu dual doping on structural, optical, wetting and anti-fungal properties of ZnO nanoparticles, PK Bhargav, K.S.R. Murthy, K Kaur, M.S. Goyat, JK. Pandey, Santosh Dubey, S Sharma & C Pant, Materials Research Innovations, DOI: 10.1080/14328917.2019.1686560 (co-author)
- Theoretical and computational studies on nanofriction: a review, K M Sankar, D Kakkar, Santosh Dubey, S V Garimella, MS Goyat, SK Joshi & JK Pandey, Proceedings of the institution of mechanical engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology, 234 (3), 448-465 (2019). (corresponding author)
- Life cycle assessment of the 3.2 kW cadmium telluride (CdTe) photovoltaic system in composite climate of India, Pramod Rajput, Yogesh Kumar Singh, G.N. Tiwari, O.S. Sastry, Santosh Dubey, Kailash Pandey, Solar Energy 159, 415-422 (2017). (co-author)
- Stereolithographic 3D Printed Microfluidic viscometer for Rapid Detection of Automobile Fuel Adulteration, Venkateswaran PS, Santosh Dubey, Abhishek Sharma, Ajay Agarwal and Sanket Goel, Sensor Letters 15, 545-551 (2017). (co-author)
- Rapid and Automated Measurement of Milk Adulteration using a 3D Printed Optofluidic MicroViscometer (OMV), Venkateshwaran PS, Santosh Dubey, Abhishek Sharma, Ajay Agarwal and Sanket Goel, IEEE Sensors Journal 16, 3000-3007 (2016). (co-author)
- A defect-based model of radiation-induced segregation to free surfaces in binary alloys,Santosh Dubey and Anter El-Azab, Computational Materials Science 106, 111 (2015) (first and corresponding author)
- Irradiation-induced composition patterning in binary solid solutions, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, Journal of Applied Physics 114, 124901 (2013). (first author)
- Finite volume Kolmogorov-Johnson-Mehl-Avrami theory, Bernd A. Berg and Santosh Dubey, Physical Review Letters 100, 165702 (2008). (co-author)
- Phase Transition Properties of 2D Potts Model, Alexei Bazavov, Bernd A. Berg and Santosh Dubey, Nuclear Physics B, 802[FS], 421-434 (2008). (co-author)
- Assessment of Losses in Cadmium Telluride and Micromorph Based Thin Film Photovoltaic Systems under Real Operating Conditions, Yogesh Kumar Singh, Pramod Rajput, Maria Malvoni, O. S. Sastry, Santosh Dubey, Kailash Pandey, AIP conference proceedings 2276, 020049 (2020). (corresponding author)
- Performance of HIT module in different climatic condition in India, Y K Singh, Santosh Dubey, K Pandey & OS Sastry, Materials Today proceedings, 17, 321-329 (2019). (corresponding author)
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Deformation Behaviour of Gold Nanowires, S. K. Joshi, Kailash Pandey, Sanjeev K. Singh and Santosh Dubey, Journal of Nanotechnology, volume 2019, Article ID 5710759, https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/5710749. (corresponding author)
- Computational modeling of radiation-induced segregation in concentrated binary alloys, Santosh Dubeyand Anter El-Azab MRS/proceedings/volume 1526, doi:10.1557/op1.2013.493. (first author)
- Irradiation-driven compositional changes in alloys, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf, MRS/proceedings/volume 1369/mrss11-1369-xx05-06/, doi:10.1557/opl.2011.1513. (first author)
- Atomistic Simulation Studies of the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Silver Nanowires as Interconnects for Nanoelectronics Applications, SK Joshi, DP Singh and Santosh Dubey (2021), Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1341. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-1510-8_12 (corresponding author)
- On the issue of radiation-induced instability in binary solid solutions, Santosh Dubeyet al.published as a proceeding in Conference Papers in Science category by Hindawi Publishing Corporation, volume 2014, Article ID 849241 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/849241).
- Study of Magnetic Property of Sn Doped Ni-Zn-Fe Nanoparticles, B.S. Tewari, Archna Dhyani, S.K. Joshi, Santosh Dubey and Kailash Pandey, published as a proceeding in Conference Papers in Science category by Hindawi Publishing Corporation, volume 2014, Article ID 816970 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/816970).
- Coupled microstructure and microchemical evolution in irradiated alloys, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf, in the proceedings of symposium on Radiation Effects, Multiscale Materials Modeling (MMM 2010), Edited by: Peter Gumbusch, 681-684, October 2010.
- Engineering and thermal hydraulics design of PFC cooling for SST-1 Tokamak, P Chaudhary, P. Santra, S. Khirwadkar, N. Ravi Prakash, A. Prakash, Santosh Dubey, D. Chenna Reddy, Y C Saxena, in The 11th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal-Hydraulics (NURETH-11) Popes’ Palace Convention Center, Avignon, France, October 2-6,2005.
- Krylov Subspace method for numerically solving partial differential equations, book chapter accepted for publication in Recent Advances in Mathematics for Engineering” in CRC Press- A Taylor & Francis publishing
- Understanding Materials Under Irradiation via Modeling& Experimentation, Santosh Dubey, invited talk in International conference on futuristic materials (ICFM-20), DDU Gorakhpur University, 18-20 December, 2020.
- Irradiation-induced nanoscale composition patterns in binary solid solutions, Santosh Dubey and Anter El-Azab, invited talk in the National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India, January 9-10, 2014.
- Driven Alloys: A Case of Irradiation-Induced Composition Patterning in Concentrated Binary Systems, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, invited talk in symposium on Microstructure Evolution across Multiple Length Scales: Defects to Material Properties, 6th International Conference on Multiscale Materials Modeling 2012 (MMM2012), October 15-19, Biopolis, Singapore.
- Irradiation Induced Composition Patterns and Segregation to Free Surfaces in Miscible Binary Solid Solutions, Anter El Azab and Santosh Dubey, TMS 2019, March 10-14, San Antonio, Texas, USA (date of presentation: 11th March, 2019 from 9.50 – 10.20 AM)
- Study of Atomic Scale Friction Using Atomic Force Microscopy and Molecular Dynamics Simulations, Santosh Dubey, S K Joshi, Meenakshi Vishwanathan, Sanket Goel, B S Tewari and Kailash Pandey, presented at National Conference on Alternate Energy Resources, Environment Protection and Global Economic Growth, DIT University, Dehradun, UK (9th & 10th September 2016).
- Temporal stiffness in metallic alloys under irradiation, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, S. K. Joshi and B. S. Tewari, presented at 19th International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences (CONIAPS XIX), Kumaun University, Nainital, UK (October 17-19, 2016).
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Deformation Behavior of Metallic Nanowires, Santosh Dubey, Santosh Joshi, Rishabh Sethi, Rajeev Gupta, presented at XXVII IUPAP (International Union of Pure and Applied Physicists) Conference on Computational Physics (CCP2015), IIT Guwahati, 2-5 December 2015.
- On the issue of radiation-induced instability in binary solid solutions,Santosh Dubey, S. K. Joshi and B. S. Tewari, presented in the National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, India.
- Irradiation-induced Composition Instabilities in Binary Systems, Santosh Dubeyand Anter El Azab, MRS Fall meeting, November 25-30, 2012, Boston, MA, USA.
- Radiation-induced Segregation in Concentrated Binary Alloys, Santosh Dubeyand Anter El Azab, MRS Fall meeting, November 25-30, 2012, Boston, MA, USA.
- Composition Patterning in Irradiated Binary Alloys, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, presented in Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) team working meeting, July 16, 2012, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Temporal Stiffness in Reaction-Diffusion Systems, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, presented in Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) team working meeting, July 17, 2012, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Radiation-induced compositional patterning and segregation in concentrated binary alloys, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, presented in The minerals, metals and materials society (TMS), March 11-15, 2012, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Coupled microstructure and compositional changes in irradiated alloys, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, presented in MRS Spring meeting, April 25-29, 2011, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Irradiation-induced microchemical changes in concentrated binary alloys, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf, presented in symposium on New Advances in Structural Materials and Fuels for Future Fusion and Fission Technologies, MRS Fall meeting, November 29-December 3, 2010, Boston, MA, USA.
- Coupled microstructure and microchemical evolution in irradiated alloys, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf, presented in symposium on Radiation Effects, Multi-scale Materials Modeling 2010 (MMM2010), October 4-9, 2010, Freiburg, Germany.
- Fundamental Derivation of Phase Field Equations for Microstructural Evolution in Metals with Defects, Santosh Dubey and Anter El Azab, presented in symposium on Solid-State Interfaces: Toward and Atomistic-Scale Understanding of Structure, Properties, and Behavior through Theory and Experiment, TMS meeting February 14-18, 2010, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Irradiation-driven microchemical changes in concentrated binary alloys, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab and Dieter Wolf, presented in Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC) meeting, March 9-10, 2010, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA.
- Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics of Irradiated Alloy Fuels, Anter El Azab, Santosh Dubey and Dieter Wolf, presented in 5th Forum on New Materials: Materials Challenges for Future Nuclear Fission and Fusion Technologies, June 13-18, 2010, Montecatini, Terme, Italy.
- Phase Field Modeling of Void microstructure Evolution in Irradiated Metals, Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, Paul Millet and Dieter Wolf, presented in symposium on Computational Thermodynamics and Kinetics, TMS meeting, 14-18 Feb 2010, Seattle, WA, USA.
- Phase Field Modeling of Void Nucleation and Growth in Irradiated Metals,Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Anter El Azab, Paul Millet and Dieter Wolf, presented in symposium on Materials Research Needs to Advance Nuclear Energy, MRS Fall Meeting, November 30-December 4, 2009.
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics of irradiation-induced disorder and microstructure evolution in nuclear fuels,Anter El Azab, Dieter Wolf, Srujan Rokkam, Santosh Dubey, Paul Millet, Michael Tonks, presented in 8th International Workshop on Materials Models and Simulations for Nuclear Fuels (MMSNF-8), 19-21 October 2009, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Modeling and Simulation of gas production from shale reservoirs, consultancy project by ABB Bangalore (amount: 23 lacs).
- Investigation of formation and stabilization of low resistance Ni-Si phase under ion irradiation, from Inter-University Accelerator Center (UGC), Delhi (sanction letter received).
- Design patent on Breath Analyzer granted. Date: October 22, 2021
- Regular patent on Breath Analysis Device filed (App. No. 202111061618). Date: Dec 29, 2021
- Regular patent on Concentrated Tetrahedron Photovoltaic System, published in 2019 (application no.:201711027035).
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement
- Computational Materials Science
- Venkateswaran P S (Graduated)
Thesis title: Optofluidic Microviscometer (OMV) For Measuring Adulteration and Blending in Fluids
- Yogesh K. Singh (Abstract done)
Thesis title: Outdoor Performance, Modeling and Simulation Analysis of Different SPV Technologies in Composite Climate Zone
- Abha Kenik (ongoing)
Thesis topic: Direct measurement of plasma potential and its fluctuations by Laser Heated Emissive Probes in Aditya-U tokamak.
Refresher/training courses/workshop/symposia attended:
- Attended a refresher course on “Statistical Physics” sponsored by Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and The National Academy of Sciences India, Allahabad, held at Sir P. T. Sarvajanik College of Science, Surat from 18 to 30 December 2017.
- A short course in Atomistic Modeling of Materials (GIAN 2019, an initiative of MHRD), Govt. of India, from December 23, 2019 to December 27, 2019 at IIT Delhi.
- Computational Materials and Chemical Sciences Network (CMCSN) Project: Computational Microstructure Science,organized by Argonne National Laboratory, July 16-17, 2012, Argonne, IL, USA.
- Atomic Level Response of Materials to Irradiation, Summer School organized by Energy Frontier Research Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), June 20-25, 2010, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA.
- Life member, Indian Association of Physics Teachers
- Life member, Indian Physics Association
- Executive Council Member RC-5 (Uttarakhand), Indian Association of Physics Teachers
Honors and Achievements:
- Adelaide Wilson Material Science Doctoral fellowship for academic year 2008-2009 by Florida State University (2008)
- Semifinalist in India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017 (IICDC 2017) organized by Texas Instruments and Coordinated by IIM Bangalore.
Personal Interests: Playing Badminton, Meditation, Long Driving