Mr. Devendra Rawat
Assistant Professor (DOJ- 07-08-2015, Regular)
B. Tech (Electronics& Instrumentation Engineering), UPTU, Lucknow
M. Tech (Control Systems), National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana
PGCAP (Post Graduate Diploma in Academic Practices) from UPES, Dehradun
Ph.D. (Pursuing) Electrical Engineering, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
Email ID: [email protected]
Email ID: [email protected]
Area of Specialization:
Control System Engineering: Theory & Design, Non Linear Control, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Fuzzy Logic and its application in Control System, Instrumentation, Measurement and Transducers.
Intelligent Control and Optimization of Non Linear systems
Research & Publication
- 1. Devendra Rawat, Deepak Kumar, Deepali Yadav, “Control of Inverted Pendulum System Using LabVIEW”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER (ISSN 2229-5518), Volume 9, Issue 1, January 2018.
- 2. Deepali Yadav, N.K. Sharma, D Rawat, Balaji V, “A Novel Shunt Hybrid Active Filter to Eliminate Dominant Current Harmonics under Realistic Utility Conditions”- IEEE Conference on Recent trends in Electrical, Control and Communications, March 2018.
- 3. Devendra Rawat, Kritika Bansal, Alok Kumar Pandey,”LQR and PID Design Technique for an Electric Furnace Temperature Control System” series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Volume 479, sept-2016, pp 561-567 , DOI10.1007/978-981-10-1708-7_64, Online ISBN 978-981-10-1708-7
- 4. Devendra Rawat, Jyoti Ohri, "Modeling and Simulation for Optimal Control of Inverted Pendulum using LabVIEW", Proceedings of National Conference on Nanomaterial and Instrumentation (NCNI-2014), NIT Kurukshetra, pp. 110, March 9-10, 2014.
- 5. Devendra Rawat, Jyoti Ohri “state feedback controllers for inverted pendulum system using LabVIEW” National Power & Energy System Conference (NPESC-14), KNIT Sultanpur, 25-26 April 2014.
- 6. Alok Pandey, Devendra Rawat et.al “Lateral Control of Single Track Vehicle Using State Feedback Controller” National Power & Energy System Conference (NPESC-14), KNIT Sultanpur, 25-26 April 2014.
- Professional Member, IEEE
- Faculty Coordinator: IEEE Student Branch (UPES), STB 10991
- Certified Trainer for the Qualification pack of Engineer- Power Distribution (PSS/Q7001) confirming to National Skill Qualification Framework Level-6. (2019)
- Certified Trainer for the Qualification pack of Junior Engineer- Power Distribution (PSS/Q3004) confirming to National Skill Qualification Framework Level-6. (2019)
- Reviewer of Journal of Engineering Education Transformations (JEET)
Various certifications from Coursera, Edx and Qedex
- Storytelling in the Workplace from Edx.
- Becoming an Entrepreneur by MITx on Edx.
- Change Management on Qedex.
- Virtual Teacher Specialization- A five course specialization on virtual teaching by UCI on Coursera. This specialization has following five courses.
- Foundations of Virtual Instruction
- Emerging Trends & Technologies in the Virtual K-12 Classroom
- Advanced Instructional Strategies in the Virtual Classroom
- Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom
- Virtual Teacher Final Project
- Build personal resilience by Macquarie University
- Electric Power Systemsby University at Buffalo & The State University of New York
- Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The Science of Well-Being by Yale University
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) by University of Michigen
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Time Management for Personal & Professional Productivity by University of California, Irvine.
- Write Professional Emails in English by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Influencing People by University of Michigan
- Organized the national level tech fest Electra 2k18 and 2k17 (technical and cultural fest of Electrical and Electronics Engineering department) in march 2018 and 2017.
- Organizing team member of The Future Tour- Eco Energy’ part of mega event ‘Bonjour India’ completed on Feb 17, 2018.
- Organized a one week “International workshop on Smart Grid and E-Vehicles” in association with Purdue University North west from August 7 to August 11, 2017
- Organized an international Workshop on” Ground Fault Neutraliser” at the UPES Bidholi campus on 28 - 30 August 2017. The Workshop was conducted jointly with a company from Sweden: ”Swedish Neutral”.
- Organized “First Congregation of EPE department in Sept 2016 on Engineer’s day celebration.
- Organizing team member of “International Conference on communication Control and Devices- ICICCD 2018 and 2020” organized by Electrical and Electronics Engineering department.
- Organizing team member of “National conference on Water Resources & Hydropower -2016” organized by Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering department on 17th & 18th June 2016.
- Organized a training session on Advance Numeric Relay Power Protection Panel at UPES Dehradun.
- Organized various Guest Lectures and Distinguished lectures by experts from IITs, NITs and international institutes.
Industrial skills and trainings:
- Successfully completed a short-term faculty development program organized by NITTTR Bhopal during 4/01/21 to 8/01/21.
- Attended an international short-term GIAN course on “Design, Modeling & Simulation of Electric Vehicles”(29th January -2nd February 2018) organized by G.B.Pant University of agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttrakhand.
- Attended the UPES Abhigyaat program on “Power Plant Simulator Development” (1st Jun -30th June 2017) at SIM INFO SYTSTEM PVT. LTD. CHENNAI.
- Attended a 9-day internship training program on “Power Plant familiarization” organized by Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. Dahanu Thermal Power Station, Dahanu, Maharastra (22nd Dec -31st December 2016).
- Attended a one-day session on Positive leadership organized by UPES Dehradun.
- Participated in Faculty Development Program organized by SGI (Sharda group of institutions).
- Attended workshop on ‘Human Values and Professional Ethics’ organized by U.P.T.U at HITM Agra.
- LabVIEW , MATLAB & SIMULINK, MS-OFFICE (WORD, EXCEL, POWER POINT