Dr. Abhay Kumar
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade (DOJ - 05.07.2016, Regular)
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), Bangalore University
M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), NIT, Jamshedpur
Ph.D. IIT Kanpur
Area of Specialization:
Research and Publications:
- Kumar, A., Karn, A. (2020) The effect of a parallel free surface upon a submerged shallow synthetic jet. Fluid Dynamics Research. 52, 045506.
- Karn, A., Deo, Shashank S, Singh, Raman K., Kumar, A.. (2020) A COmfortably Vented, Indigenously Designed (COVID) Fabric Helmet for Curbing Infection Spread in education, healthcare and other community Settings. Health and Population: Perspectives and Issues.
- A. Karn., Deand R., Kumar, A. (2020), “Some Insights into Drop Impacts on a Hydrophobic surface”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Volume 13, Pages 527-536.
- Kumar, A., Saha, A. K., Panigrahi, P. K., Karn, A. (2020), “Implications of Velocity Ratio on the Characteristics of a Circular Synthetic Jet Flush Mounted on a Torpedo Model in Quiescent and Cross Flow Conditions”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Volume 13 (3), Pages 1003-1013.
- Karn, A., De, R., Kumar, A. (2019), “A qualitative inter-relation between drop impacts on a solid surface and the interaction of a droplet placed inside a superheated pool”, Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, Volume 60, Pages 85-94.
- Kumar, A., Saha, A. K., Panigrahi, P. K., Karn, A. (2019), “On the flow physics and vortex behavior of rectangular orifice synthetic jets”, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Volume 103, Pages 163-181. 7. Kumar, A., Karn, A. (2018), “Qualitative and quantitative characterization of a synthetic jet mounted in a convex torpedo-like surface under crossflow”, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Volume 74, Year 2018, Pages 198-208.
- Kumar, A. ; Saha, A. K ., Panigrahi, P.K. (2017), “Time frequency analysis of submerged synthtic jet”, Fluid dynamics research, Volume 49, Pages 65510-65516
- Kumar, A., Saha, A. K., Panigrahi, P. K., Karn, A. “The mechanism of vortex bifurcation vis-à-vis axial switching in rectangular synthetic jets “European Journal of Mechanics B Fluids. (accepted)
- Donga, R.K., suresh kumar, Abhay kumar, “Performance evaluation of parabolic trough collector with receiver position error”, volume 7, issue 1, Year 2020
- Abhay kumar, Donga Ramesh kumar, Ashish Karn (2019) “A numerical study of the bifurcation of rectangular synthetic jets”, 46th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power
- Garav Mittal, Donga Ramesh, Abhay kumar, Ashish Karn (2019), “Identification of Silt Erosion Areas on Francis Turbine Guide Vanes through Numerical Simulation”46th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power.
- Ashish Karn , Shashank S. Deo, S Ragunath V, Abhay Kumar (2018), “High Speed Imaging Reveals a Close Resemblance between Drop Impacts on a Solid Surface and the Interaction of a Cold Droplet Placed Inside a Hot Liquid”, 7th International and 45th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power.
- Amit Srivastava, Ayush K. Mishra, V Chintala, Abhay Kumar, Ashish Karn (2018), “Spreading and recoil of drops impacting a hydrophobic surface”, 7th International and 45th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power.
- Kumar, Abhay; Gupta, Manish; Saha, Arun K.; Panigrahi, P. K. (2014), “Flow characteristics of synthetic jet on torpedo shape model in cross flow”, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, Volume , Year 2017, Pages 239-247.
- Kumar, Abhay; Gupta, Manish; Saha, Arun K.; Panigrahi, P. K. (2014), “Effect of free surface on submerged synthetic jet parallel to the surface”, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, Volume , Year 2017, Pages 53-61.
- A. Kumar, P. K. Panda, V. Kumar, A. K. Saha and P. K. Panigrahi (2010), “Combined experimental and numerical study of synthetic jet in quiescent flow”, 37th National and 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power.
- Mahawar, R., Dwivedi, P., Vyas, A., Kumar, A., Karn, A. (2020). Rewriting the Cavitation story in Engineering. Advances in Chemical Engineering, Dehradun, India 9. Vyas, A., Singh, D., Kumar, A., Karn, A. (2020). Secondary Fluid injection in turbomachines. Advances in Chemical Engineering, Dehradun, India.