Dr. Abhay Kumar
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade (DOJ - 05.07.2016, Regular)
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), Bangalore University
M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), NIT, Jamshedpur
Ph.D. IIT Kanpur
Area of Specialization:
Research and Publications:
- A. Kumar, A. K. Saha and P. Panigrahi, "Time frequency analysis of submerged synthtic jet," Fluid Dynamics Research, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 065510-16, 2017.
- A. Kumar and A. Karn, "Qualitative and quantitative characterization of a synthetic jet mounted on a convex torpedo-like surface under cross-flow," International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 74, pp. 198-208, 2018.
- A. Karn, D. R and A. Kumar, "On the flow physics and vortex behavior of rectangular orifice synthetic jets," Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 103, pp. 163-181, 2019.
- K. A, R. De and A. Kumar, "A Qualitative Inter-relation between Drop Impacts on a Solid Surface and the Interaction of a Droplet Placed Inside a Superheated Pool," Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 85-94, 2019.
- A. Karn, R. De and A. Kumar, "Some Insights into Drop Impacts on a Hydrophobic surface," Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 527-526, 2019.
- Karn, K., Deo, S., Ragunath, S. V. & Kumar, A., 2018. High-Speed Imaging Reveals a Close Resemblance between Drop Impacts on a Solid Surface and the Interaction of a Cold Droplet Placed Inside a Hot Liquid. Bombay, India, s.n.
- Kumar, a., Gupta, M., Saha, A. & Panigrahi, P., 2014. Effect of free surface on submerged synthetic jet parallel to the surface. Kanpur, India, Springer.
- Kumar, A. & Gupta, M. S. A. K. P. P., 2014. Flow characteristics of synthetic jet on torpedo shape model in cross flow. Kanpur, India, Springer.
- Kumar, A. et al., 2010. Combined experimental and numerical study of synthetic jet in quiescent flow. Madras, India, s.n.
- Srivastava, A. et al., 2018. Spreading and recoil of drops impacting a hydrophobic surface. Bombay, s.n.