Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma
Professor (DOJ - 01.08.2007, Regular)
B.E. (Mechanical) Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere.
M.Tech (Industrial), IIT Roorkee
Ph.D. (Renewable energy) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
Renewable Energy, Biomass (Gasification, pyrolysis, Cook Stove), Solar, Social Engineering
Research & Publications:
- Lakavat, M. and Sharma, P.K. and Saxena, M. and Diwan, P. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume 7, Year 2019, Pages 60-66,"Eﬀect of electroless Ni-P coatings containing nano additives on the surface topography of magnesium alloy”.
- Lakavat, M. and Sharma, P.K. and Saxena, M. and Diwan, P. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volume 14, the Year 2019, Pages 292-298, "Electroless Ni-P deposition plus nickel prosperous coating on AZ91D magnesium alloy.".
- Soam, Shveta; Borjesson, Pal; Sharma, Pankaj K; Gupta, Ravi P; Tuli, Deepak K; Kumar, Ravindra; Bioresource Technology, Volume 228, Year 2017, Pages 89-98, "Life cycle assessment of rice straw utilization practices in India.
- Singhal, Shailey; Agarwal, Shilpi; Arora, Shefali; Sharma, Pankaj; Singhal, Naveen; International Journal of Energy Research, Volume 41, Year 2017, Pages 1657-1669Upgrading techniques for transformation of biogas to bio?CNG: a review
- Andrew, Renny; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Gupta, Shalini; International Journal of Energy Research, Volume 40, the Year 2016, Pages 1788-1799Novel hydrogen-rich gas production by steam gasiﬁcation of biomass in a scale rotary tubular helical coil gasiﬁer.
- Andrew, Renny; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Gupta, Shalini; Waste Management & Research, Volume 34, Year 2016, Pages 1268-1274,"Practical achievements on biomass steam gasiﬁcation in a rotary tubular coiled-downdraft reactor."
- Renny, Andrew; Santhosh, Viswanathan; Somkuwar, Nitin; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Bhargava, Sanjay; Bioresource Technology, Volume 220, Year 2016, Pages 151-160," Pyrolysis of de-oiled seed cake of Jatropha Curcas and catalytic steam reforming of pyrolytic bio-oil to hydrogen,".
- Rose Havilah Pulla, Pankaj Kumar Sharma, M Gopinath, Volume 10, Year 2016, Pages 365-372, "Combustion characteristics and kinetic parameter estimation of Lantana Camara by thermogravimetric analysis”.
- Soam, Shveta; Kumar, Ravindra; Gupta, Ravi P; Sharma, Pankaj K; Tuli, Deepak K; Das, Biswapriya; Energy, Volume 83, Year 2015, Pages 307-315," Life cycle assessment of fuel ethanol from sugarcane molasses in northern and western India and its impact on Indian biofuel programme".
- Jain, P.K., Sharma, P.K. Conference Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Volume 1, Year 2005, Pages 288-292, "Solving Job Shop Layout Problem Using Ant Colony Optimization."
- Production of high purity hydrogen from the deoiled cake of Jatropha Curcas", NASI conference 2016.
- Projects & Consultancy:
- Renewable Energy Resource Mapping for Uttarakhand
Role: Project Lead, Year 2018, Amount 1497000
- Development of Clean Energy RoadMap for UREDA
Role: Project Lead, Year 2018, Amount 1281900
- Removal of Barriers to Biomass Power Generation in India
Role: Project Lead, Year 2012, Amount 716250
- To undertake a detailed technical evaluation to assess the use of pine needles as a feedstock for energy conversion
Role: Project Lead, Year 2014, Amount completed
- Financing Energy Eﬃciency Projects at MSMEs in Dehradun Cluster
Role:Project Lead, Year 2016, Amount 3200000
- Socio-Economic Value creation through Forest Bio-Residue Based Energy Generation in alignment with the UN' SDGs
Role: Co-PI, Year 2019, Amount 9080000