Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma
Professor (DOJ - 01.08.2007, Regular)
B.E. (Mechanical) Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere.
M.Tech (Industrial), IIT Roorkee
Ph.D. (Renewable energy) University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
Area of Specialization:
Renewable Energy, Biomass (Gasification, pyrolysis, Cook Stove), Solar, Social Engineering
Research & Publications:
- Prashant Shukla, Pankaj Kumar Sharma, Shyam Pandey and V Chintala, 2021, Unsegregated Municipal Solid Waste in India – Current Scenario, Challenges and Way forward. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology, Vol 20.
- Sharma, P.K., Sharma, A.K., Pulla, R.H. and Sahoo, P.K., 2020. Performance analysis of a medium-scale downdraft gasifier using Lantana camera biomass as feeding material. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, pp.115 (https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2020.1809565).
- Havilah, P.R., Sharma, P.K. & Sharma, A.K, 2020. Characterization, Thermal and kinetic analysis of Pinusroxburghii. Environ Dev Sustain (https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-02001001-8).
- Sengar, A., Sharma, V., Agrawal, R., Dwivedi, A., Dwivedi, P., Joshi, K., Sharma, P.K. and Barthwal, M., 2020. Prioritization of barriers to energy generation using pine needles to mitigate climate change: Evidence from India. Journal of Cleaner Production, p.123840 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123840).
- Sharma, A.K., Sharma, P.K., Chintala, V., Khatri, N. and Patel, A., 2020. EnvironmentFriendly Biodiesel/Diesel Blends for Improving the Exhaust Emission and Engine Performance to Reduce the Pollutants Emitted from Transportation Fleets. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(11), p.3896 (https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17113896).
- Lakavat, M. and Sharma, P.K. and Saxena, M. and Diwan, P. International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, Volume 7, Year 2019, Pages 60-66,"Eﬀect of electroless Ni-P coatings containing nano additives on the surface topography of magnesium alloy”.
- Lakavat, M. and Sharma, P.K. and Saxena, M. and Diwan, P. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volume 14, the Year 2019, Pages 292-298, "Electroless Ni-P deposition plus nickel prosperous coating on AZ91D magnesium alloy.".
- Soam, Shveta; Borjesson, Pal; Sharma, Pankaj K; Gupta, Ravi P; Tuli, Deepak K; Kumar, Ravindra; Bioresource Technology, Volume 228, Year 2017, Pages 89-98, "Life cycle assessment of rice straw utilization practices in India.
- Singhal, Shailey; Agarwal, Shilpi; Arora, Shefali; Sharma, Pankaj; Singhal, Naveen; International Journal of Energy Research, Volume 41, Year 2017, Pages 1657-1669Upgrading techniques for transformation of biogas to bio?CNG: a review
- Andrew, Renny; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Gupta, Shalini; International Journal of Energy Research, Volume 40, the Year 2016, Pages 1788-1799Novel hydrogen-rich gas production by steam gasiﬁcation of biomass in a scale rotary tubular helical coil gasiﬁer.
- Andrew, Renny; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Gupta, Shalini; Waste Management & Research, Volume 34, Year 2016, Pages 1268-1274,"Practical achievements on biomass steam gasiﬁcation in a rotary tubular coiled-downdraft reactor."
- Renny, Andrew; Santhosh, Viswanathan; Somkuwar, Nitin; Gokak, DT; Sharma, Pankaj; Bhargava, Sanjay; Bioresource Technology, Volume 220, Year 2016, Pages 151-160," Pyrolysis of de-oiled seed cake of Jatropha Curcas and catalytic steam reforming of pyrolytic bio-oil to hydrogen,".
- Rose Havilah Pulla, Pankaj Kumar Sharma, M Gopinath, Volume 10, Year 2016, Pages 365-372, "Combustion characteristics and kinetic parameter estimation of Lantana Camara by thermogravimetric analysis”.
- Soam, Shveta; Kumar, Ravindra; Gupta, Ravi P; Sharma, Pankaj K; Tuli, Deepak K; Das, Biswapriya; Energy, Volume 83, Year 2015, Pages 307-315," Life cycle assessment of fuel ethanol from sugarcane molasses in northern and western India and its impact on Indian biofuel programme".
- Jain, P.K., Sharma, P.K. Conference Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Volume 1, Year 2005, Pages 288-292, "Solving Job Shop Layout Problem Using Ant Colony Optimization."
- Chairman of Organizing Committee for 2nd International Conference Workshop on “Energy Innovation Initiatives for Attaining Sustainable Development Goals”, under the aegis of NITI Aayog and in collaboration with ASU (Arizona State University) and IPE Global Limited on 13th -15th February 2019.
- Attended the International conference and workshop on “Eradicating poverty through Energy Intervention” held on 12Feb 2018 to 14Feb 2018 in Tempe, Arizona State University, USA.
- Co-chaired a Technical Session at “International Conference on Advances in the Field of Health, Safety, fire, Environment, Allied Sciences and Engineering 2016” held on 18th Nov to 19th Nov 2016 in UPES, Dehradun, India.
- R Andrew, DT Gokak, P Sharma, S Gupta, Novel hydrogen‐rich gas production by steam gasification of biomass in a research‐scale rotary tubular helical coil gasifier, Presented paper at “5th International Conference on Solid Waste Management” held on 25th Nov. to 27th Nov 2015 in IISc Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- Attended a AICTE recognized short term course on “Developing Teaching Competencies at Higher Level” organized between 27th July to 31st July 2015 at UPES, Dehradun, India.
- Attended the “Total Energy and Education Seminar” held between 1st June 2014 to 6th June 2014 in Paris, France
- Member of organizing Committee for the “Ist International Seminar on NanoTechnology in Conventional and Alternate Energy Systems – A Global Status and Pathway” held at UPES during 12th -13th August 2013.
- Co-organized Management Development Program (MDP) on ‘Driving Solar Power Growth’, held on 5-6 July, 2013 at MDC, UPES, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. In this program, 15 participants have attended the program from all over the country.
- Attended the 3rd summer school on “Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals” conducted at Indian Oil Institute of Petroleum Management, Gurgaon from 23rd to 28th June 2008
- Attended a workshop on “Creative Thinking” conducted by Essential Elements in UPES on August 30 2008.
- Conference: Member of organizing committee for “Asian Conference on Intelligent Systems & Networks” on Feb 24, Feb 25, 2006, at Haryana Engineering College, Jagadhri.
- Successfully Completed the Internal Auditor Course on Quality Management System for ISO 9001:2000 Standards.
- Participated in an International Workshop on “Business Models and Global Practices” Jointly organised by Wilkes University, USA and College of Engineering Roorkee on January 03-05 2006.
- Participated in a Workshop on “Effective Teaching and Management Skills” organised by College of Engineering Roorkee on July 10-13, 2006
- B Renny Andrew, DT Gokak, Pankaj Kumar Sharma. Production of high purity hydrogen from de-oiled cake of Jatropha Curcas. The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI), 86th Annual Session, UCOST
- Rose Havilah, P., Sharma, P. K., and Gopinath, M., Gasification characteristics of Lantana camara using thermogravimetry and downdraft gasifier, The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI), 86th Annual Session, UCOST.
- Pankaj Kumar Sharma, Jain P K, Solving Jobshop Layout using Ant colony Optimization. First International and 22nd AIMTDR conference in I.I.T. Roorkee.
- Sudhir Kumar, Pankaj Kumar Sharma, Anirudh, Capacity-waste- management in a thermeal power plant: A case study, National Conference in M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Pradeepta kumar Sahoo, Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma, S C Chopra, MULTIFUEL NEELAM STOVE, Engineering and Technology, Granted (Patent No. 345310)
- Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma, Dr. Rajesh Singh, Dr. Kamal Bansal, Anita, INTELLIGENT DUSTBIN, Published on 06-04-2018, application number: 20181007985
- Mr. Prashant Shukla, Dr. Pankaj Sharma, Dr. Shyam Pandey, Dr. V Chintala, Dr. G. G. Sastry, Sachi Choudhary, A MIXED MUNICIPAL WASTE SEGREGATION SYSTEM, Published on18-09-2020, Application no: 202011025038
- Prashant Shukla, Dharnidhar Choudhary, Dinesh Rawat, Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma, A CALIPER DISC BRAKE ASSEMBLY, Published on 07-08-2020 , Application no: 202011028915
- A research project titled "Socio-Economic Value creation through Forest Bio-Residue Based Energy Generation in alignment with the UN' SDGs" sanctioned by National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS), MOeF. (Running)
- UNDP Funded Project on ‘Development of Clean Energy road map for Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (UREDA), Feb 2019.
- UNDP Funded Project on ‘Renewable Energy mapping for Uttarakhand, Feb 2019
- World Bank- GEF funded project on Financing Energy Efficiency Projects at MSMEs in Dehradun Cluster funded by SIDBI, New Delhi, September, 2016.
- UNDP funded Sensitization workshop and skill development training program on ‘Sub Megawatt Scale Biomass Power Generation in North under the Project Removal of barriers to Biomass Power Generation in India’, to UPES and TERI consortium, November 2012. Following are the deliverables under the project: o Viability gap study of biomass gasification-based Power Project, o Business models of Biomass Gasification based Power Project and o Study of fuel linkages for such projects.
- GIZ sponsored (with MNRE and UREDA) project “To undertake a detailed technical evaluation to assess the use of pine needles as a feedstock for energy conversion, especially gasification/combustion” (completed)
- GIZ funded training program on ‘Selling Solar Light: Technology and Finance’ for solar para technicians, Akshay Urja shop owners of Uttarakhand and NGOs, 2014. Following are the deliverables under the project: (1) Identification of potential entrepreneurs and (2)Potential market for solar lights etc
- Research Project on ‘Energy Consumption Pattern in Rural Uttarakhand’, India has been awarded by Uttarakhand Council for Science and Technology, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India, A State Nodal Agency of Department of Science and Technology in 2015
- Research Project on “Improvement of the energy efficiency in the drinking water supply of Uttarakhand, India” awarded by Uttrakhan Jal sansthan, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.