Dr. Atul Kumar Patidar
No. Papers published in journals: 14
No. Papers presented in conferences: 12
No. Citations: (Total Citation-335; h-index-9; i10-index-9; Ref: Google Scholar, Scopus)
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
||Ph.D. in Geology
||The M.S. University of Baroda, Gujarat, India
||M. Sc. in Geology
||Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), Holkar Science College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
||B. Sc. in Science
||Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), Holkar Science College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|2018 - present
||Dept. of Petroleum Engineering and Earth sciences
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
||Sr. Exploration Geoscientist
||Reliance Industries Limited & British Petroleum (Jv India projects, Mumbai)
||Jr. Manager- Geologist
||Reliance Industries Limited, Mumbai
||Research assistant (Ph.D.)
||Department of Science and Technology (DST) project at The M.S.University of Baroda, Gujarat
Honours and Achievements:
- Total 14 years of experience in subsurface exploration with Reliance Industries Limited & British Petroleum (Jv projects, India) and under the current academic role.
- Expertise in upstream Oil & Gas (E&P) business, mainly in new acreages evaluation and appraisal planning.
- Research interest in 3D seismic interpretation & prospect maturation, Reservoir delineation & de-risking, Petroleum system characterization, Ground Penetrating Radar and Neotectonics.
- Published 26 research papers and conference proceedings in various international and national peer-reviewed scientific journals and conferences.
(Total Citation-335; h-index-9; i10-index-9; Ref: Google Scholar, Scopus)
List of publications (Science and Scopus indexed journals)
- Tiwari, P., Maurya D. M., Shaikh M. P., Patidar A. K, ……..…….… Estimating seismogenic potential ……………. 2021/ Under review in Engineering Geology, (Elsevier). Impact Factor- 4.7
- Maurya D. M., Tiwari P., Shaikh M, P., Patidar A. K., Vanik N., Padmalal A., Chamyal L. S. (2021) Late Quaternary drainage reorganization assisted by surface faulting: The example of the Katrol Hill Fault zone, Kachchh, western India. Earth Surf Process Landforms (Wiley) 1-26. https://doi.org/10.1002/esp.5097 Impact Factor- 4.0
- Atul Kumar Patidar, Anjali Sharma and Dev Joshi (2020). Formulation of cellulose using groundnut husk as an environment‑friendly fluid loss retarder additive and rheological modifier comparable to PAC for WBM. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology (Springer nature). 10: 3449–3466. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13202-020-00984-4 Impact Factor- 1.63
- Maurya D. M., Chowksey, V., Patidar A. K., and Chamyal L. S., (2017). A review and new data on neotectonic evolution of active faults in the Kachchh Basin, Western India: legacy of post-Deccan Trap tectonic inversion. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, 445, 237-268. Impact Factor- 2.47
- Maurya, D. M., Thakkar. M. G., Patidar, A. K., Bhandari, S., Goyal, B. and Chamyal, L. S. (2008). Late Quaternary Geomorphic evolution of the coastal zone of Kachchh, Western India. Journal of Coastal Research, 24, 746-758. Impact Factor- 0.85,
- Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L.S. (2008). Evidence of neotectonic reactivation of Katrol Hill Fault (KHF) during late Quaternary and its GPR characterization. Current Science, 94, 338-346. Impact Factor- 0.96
- Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L. S. (2007). Fluvial geomorphology and neotectonic activity based on field and GPR data, Katrol hill range, Kachchh, western India. Quaternary International, (Elsevier), 159, 74-92. Impact Factor- 2.4
- Shukla, S. B., Patidar, A. K. and Bhatt, N. (2008). Application of GPR in the study of shallow subsurface sedimentary architecture of Modwa spit, Gulf of Kachchh Journal of Earth System Sciences, 117, 33-40. Impact Factor- 0.94
- Mulchandani, N., Patidar, A. K., Vaid, S. I. and Maurya, D. M. (2007). Late Cenozoic geomorphic evolution in response to inversion: Evidence from field and GPR studies in Kim drainage basin, Western India. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, (Elsevier), 30, 33-52. Impact Factor- 2.64
- Maurya, D. M., Goyal, B., Patidar, A. K., Mulchandani, N., Thakkar, M. G. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Ground Penetrating Radar imaging of two large sand blow craters related to the 2001 Bhuj earthquake, Kachchh, Western India. Journal of Applied Geophysics (Elsevier) 60 (2) 142-152. Impact Factor- 1.48
- Thakkar, M.G., Goyal, B., Patidar, A.K., Maurya, D.M. and Chamyal, L.S. (2006). Bedrock gorges in the central Mainland Kachchh: implications for landscape evolution Journal of Earth System Science, 115(2), 249-256. Impact Factor-0.94
- Alpa Sridhar and Atul Patidar (2005). Ground Penetrating Radar studies of a point-bar in the Mahi River Basin, Gujarat. Current Science, 89, 183-189. Impact Factor- 0.96
- Maurya, D. M., Patidar, A. K., Mulchandani, N., Goyal, B., Thakkar, M. G., Bhandari, S., Vaid, S. I, Bhatt, N. P. and Chamyal, L. S. (2005). Need for initiating Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) studies along Active faults in India: An example from Kachchh. Current Science, 88, 231-240. Impact Factor- 0.96
- Chamyal, L. S., Patidar, A. K. and Gupta, K. R. (2008). Fundamentals of Ground Penetrating Radar and its use in subsurface geological studies: examples from Gujarat, W. India. Geo-spectrum Interface 2, 5-16.
- S. Chowdhury, M. Rakesh, A.K. Patidar and J. Sangwai (2021). Numerical simulation of sedimentary hydrothermal doublet system: effect of injection and geological parameters. ACS Meetings & Expositions - American Chemical Society, San Antonio, TX, USA, (Online presented on 8/04/2021).
- Ayush Sharma, Kriti Raj and Atul Kumar Patidar (2020). Bytes to Barrels: Analogue for real-time drilling assistant. SPE Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition (APOGCE), Perth, Australia, Oct. 20-22nd, 2020
- Achyuta Ayan Misra, Arijit Ghosh, Atul Patidar, Krishna Murari, Neeraj Sinha (2020). Umia Formation (Kachchh, Gujarat as a facies analogue for a Syn-rift reservoir in Krishna Godavari Basin, East Continental Margin of India. "ICGOG 2020: International Conference on Geology of Oil and Gas" June 18-19, 2020 in Toronto, Canada. (https://panel.waset.org/conference/2020/06/toronto/program)
- A K Patidar, S Mittal, D M Maurya, and L S Chamyal (2019). Near surface investigation for active faulting using GPR, Kachchh, western India: an architype for geo-engineering application. Full Paper Proceedings of the 1st Indian Near Surface Geophysics International Conference & Exhibition 2019 organized by EAGE and AF Academy in New Delhi, November 28-29, 2020, pp 105-112 (https://eage.eventsair.com/insgc-2019/)
- S Mittal, A K Patidar, D Sengupta, and S P Sharma (2019). Low level radioactivity with electromagnetic data for prospecting of shallow sub-surface uranium mineralization. Full Paper Proceedings of the 1st Indian Near Surface Geophysics International Conference & Exhibition 2019 organized by EAGE and AF Academy in New Delhi, November 28-29, 2020, pp 176-186 (https://eage.eventsair.com/insgc-2019/)
- S. Saha, M. Choudhuri, Atul Patidar, R. Jha, M. Saha, N. Sinha (2017). An integrated tectono-stratigraphic framework for Kachchh Basin and its conjugate areas. AAPG GTW, Mumbai, India, Page 1-3. (Ext. abstract and Poster)
- Minakshi Mishra, Atul Patidar, Deblina Bhawal, Abhimanyu Maitra, Dibyendu Guchhait, Ajai Bansal (2015). Value Enhancement in Prospect Maturation Using New Technologies. 22nd Annual India Oil and Gas Review Summit (IORS-2015) held at Mumbai, Page 1-7.
- Shipra Chaudhary., Y.P. Sundriyal., Atul Patidar., Yogesh Ray., Pradeep Srivastava and S.P. Sati (2008). GPR and neotectonic studies in the lower alaknanda Valley- Lesser Garhwal Himalaya: Implication to Mountain building. Himalayan Geology, Page 19, Vol 29 (3).
- R. Jayangondaperumal., Senthil kumar., Y.P. Sundriyal., L.S. Chamyal., Atul K. Patidar and Shipra Chaudhary (2008). Mapping of active faults in the Dehradun valley using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), NW Garhwal Himalaya India. Himalayan Geology, Page 35, Vol 29 (3).
- Patidar A. K. (2007). Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) characterization of sand blow craters induced by 2001 Bhuj earthquake, Kachchh, Western India: Analogues for studying past liquefaction features. Forth Madhya Pradesh Science Congress held at Holkar Science College, Indore from 26-27 Dec 2007 (Full paper).
- Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Shallow Subsurface Characterization of Active Faults using Ground Penetrating Radar: Example from Katrol Hill Fault (KHF), Kachchh, Western India. Full Paper Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR 2006), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- Bhatt, N. P., Patidar, A. K., Maurya, D. M. and Chamyal, L. S. (2006). Delineation of Three Shallow Subsurface Faults using GPR in South Saurashtra, Western India. Full Paper Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR 2006), The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- Co-Faculty advisor of UPES FIPI (Federation of Indian Petroleum Industry) student chapter
- Member of association of Quaternary Researchers (AOQR)
School: School of Engineering
Department: Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences