Dr. Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil
Assistant Professor Selection Grade, Department of Physics, School of Engineering
- Papers published in journals: 18
- Papers presented in conferences: More than 25
- Citations: 315 Google Scholar
- ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0003-3483-3310
- Scopus Author ID: 56157201600
- Ph.D(Physics) - UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore, 2014.
- M.Phil (Physics) - Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, 2009.
- M.Sc. (Physics) - Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, 2007.
- B.Sc. (Physics)- Calicut University, Kerala, 2005.
- INSPIRE Faculty at Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (Feb 2016-Jan 2021).
- Post-Doctoral Beamline Scientist at Photon Science Div., Deutsches Electron Synchrotron (DESY), Hamburg, Germany ( Nov 2012- Jan 2016).
Honours and Achievements:
- Awarded prestigious DST Inspire Faculty Fellowship 2015.
- Delivered Invited talks in 2 International and 2 National Conferences.
- Conducted experiments at Large Scale Facilities like ESRF-Grenoble France, PETRA III-DESY Hamburg Germany, Elettra Synchrotron Trieste Italy, BSRF, Beijing China, RRCAT Indore India.
- More than 10 Research Proposals submitted for Synchrotron Beam time at DESY, Hamburg, Germany accepted during last 8 years.
- Best Oral presentation award, Cochin Nano 2016, Kochi, India.
- Best Poster presentation award, 54th DAE- SSPS 2009, M.S University Vadodara, India.
- Co proposer for the development of MiNaXSIV beamline at new high-brilliance synchrotron source PETRA IV, Hamburg, Germany from 2025.
Interests: Three Dimensional Magnetic Nanostructures, Magnetic thin films and Multilayer, Nanopatterns formation using Low energy ion beams, Grazing Incidence Small Angle X ray Scattering (GISAXS), Magnetic Proximity Effects in Multilayer films, X ray Resonant Magnetic Scattering (XRMR)
- 18 publications in peer reviewed SCI /Scopus Indexed journals.
- Presented papers in more than 25 Conferences of which 22 are reputed International conferences. (ECOSS-31 Barcelona, ECOSS-30 Antalya, Turkey, SAXS/WAXS/GIWAXS@DESY, DESY user meeting 2018, Hamburg, Germany, NANOSAM 2015 , Krakow, Poland, Physics of Magnetism-17 Poznan, Poland, ICONSAT 2018,Bangalore, DPG2015, Berlin, DPG 2014 at Dresden, Magnetism 2014 at Manchester, UK, GISAXS 2013, Hamburg, Germany, International Symposium on Nanoscale Pattern Formation at Surfaces, Copenhagen, Denmark, DPG 2013, Regensburg, Germany etc are some of them).
- Ankan Mukhopadhyay, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Dominik Graulich, Imran Ahamed, Sonia Francoual, Arti Kashyap, Timo Kuschel and P S Anil Kumar, "Asymmetric modification of the magnetic proximity effect in Pt/Co/Pt trilayers by the insertion of a Ta buffer layer” Phys. Rev. B, 102, 144435 (2020).
- Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Aswathi K, Ajesh K.G, Stephan V Roth, P.S Anil Kumar “Tailoring of Uniaxial magnetic anisotropy in Permalloy thin films using nanorippled Si substrates” J. Phys. Condens. Matt. 32, 185804 (2019).
- Gensch, M. Schwartzkopf, W.Ohm, C. J. Brett, Pallavi Pandit, Sarathlal K Vayalil, et al. “Correlating Nanostructure, Optical and Electronic Properties of Nanogranular Silver Layers during Polymer-Template-Assisted Sputter Deposition”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 11, 29416−29426 (2019).
- Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Ajay Gupta, Stephan V Roth "Study of pattern transition in nanopatterned Si(100) produced by impurity assisted low energy ion beam erosion" Appl. Phys. A , 123, 225 (2017) .
- Peng Zhang, Gonzalo Santoro, Shun Yu, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Sebastian Bommel, Stephan Roth, "Manipulating the Assembly of Spray-deposited Nano-colloids: in situ Study and Monolayer Film Preparation "Langmuir 32(17), 4251 (2016). Impact Factor: 3.99
- Tommy Hofmann, Dirk Wallacher, Jan Perlich, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Patrick Huber," Formation of periodically arranged nanobubbles in mesopores: Capillary bridge formation and cavitation during sorption and solidification in an hierarchical porous SBA-15 matrix "Langmuir, 32 (12) 2928-2936 (2016). Impact Factor: 3.99
- Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Ajay Gupta, Stephan V Roth, Ganesan V, “Investigation of the mechanism of impurity assisted nanoripple formation on Si induced by low energy ion beam erosion” J. Appl. Phy 117, 024309(2015). Impact Factor: 2.1
- Shun Yu, Gonzalo Santoro, Yuan Yao, David Babonneau, Matthias Schwartzkopf, Peng Zhang, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Philipp Wessels, Ralph Döhrmann, Markus Drescher, Peter Müller-Buschbaum, Stephan V. Roth, “Following the Island Growth in Real Time: Ag Nanocluster Layer over Alq3 Thin Film” J. Phys. Chem. C 119 (8) 4406–4413 (2015). Impact Factor: 4.509
- Santoro, S. Yu, M. Schwartzkopf, P. Zhang, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil., J.F.H. Risch, M. A. Rübhausen, M. Hernández, C. Domingo, and S.V. Roth, “Silver substrates for surface enhanced Raman scattering: Correlation between nanostructure and Raman scattering enhancement” Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 243107 (2014). Impact Factor: 3.1
- Debalaya Sarker, H. Kumar, Rajkumar Patra, D. Kabiraj, D. K. Avasthi, Sarathlal K Vayalil, S. V. Roth, P. Srivastava and S. Ghosh, “Enhancement in field emission current density of Ni nanoparticles embedded in thin silica matrix by swift heavy ion irradiation” J. Appl. Phy. 115, 174304 (2014). Impact Factor: 2.1
- Debalaya Sarker, Santanu Ghosh, Debdulal Kabiraj, Devesh Avasthi, Antonella Iadecola, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Pankaj Srivastava, “Electronic excitation induced structural modification of FeCo nanoparticles embedded in silica matrix” Materials Research Express 1, 035017 (2014). Impact Factor: 0.968
- Peng Zhang, Haiying Huang, Yu Chen, Shun Yu, Christina Krywka, Sarathlal K. Vayalil, Stephan V. Roth, Tian-bai He, Preparation of Long-range Ordered Nanostructures in Semicrystalline Diblock Copolymer Thin Films Using Micromolding”Chinese Journal of Polymer Science 32, 1188 (2014). Impact Factor: 1.82
- Ulla Vainio, Thea I.W. Schnoor, Sarathlal Koyiloth Vayalil, Karl Schulte, Martin Müller and Erica T. Lilleodden, “Orientation Distribution of Vertically Aligned Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes” J. Phys. Chem. C, 118, 9507−9513 (2014). Impact Factor: 4.509
- Sarathlal K.V., Satish Potdar, Mohan Gangrade, V. Ganesan, Ajay Gupta “Azimuthal angle dependence of nanoripple formation on Si (100) by low energy ion erosion” Adv. Mat. Lett. 4(6), 398-401 (2013). Impact Factor: 1.52
- Sarathlal K.V., Dileep Kumar, Ganesan V, Ajay Gupta, “In-situ study of magnetic thin films on nanorippled Si (100) substrates Surf. Sci. 258,4116 (2012). Impact Factor: 3.15
- Sarathlal K.V., Dileep Kumar, Ajay Gupta, “Growth study of Co thin films on nanorippled Si substrate” Appl. Phys. Lett.98, 123111 (2011). Impact Factor: 3.1
Projects or Ph.D.s guided:
- PG Projects- 7
- UG Projects-3
- Project Assistants- 3
- Life Member of Material Research Society of India (MRSI)
Personal interests: Volunteer work for Science outreach to Remote/Rural areas, Travelling and Cricket.