UPES is young, innovative and industry driven and committed to academic excellence. A place to continue personal and professional development, UPES is dedicated to creating an international, inclusive, world class learning environment with a vibrant community of teachers, staff and students who participate in its growth towards becoming the premier institution in this field.
UPES is already recognised for sending super specialised, highly in demand, ready to deploy professionals, managers and engineers into the world of energy – oil and gas and power- and related domains. Over 80 per cent of UPES graduates are employed by India’s leading companies.
The scenic location of the campus in the Himalayan foothills provides quality of life and a jump off point to areas of outstanding interest and beauty. On the other hand, its location close to the capital of the state of Uttarakhand ensures that necessary facilities such as hospitals, shopping, restaurants and some of the best schools in India are on hand.
Being a people oriented University, UPES focuses on employee happiness and comfort factors, which is the reason behind our various employee friendly Policies which are regularly updated
Attractions for employees
Growth opportunities for Faculty / Researchers
- Wifi-enabled Laptop for every Faculty Member
- Opportunity to do Ph. D. (with high fee concession if pursuing from UPES).
- UPES provides special discounts to the children of the faculty @ 25% waiver of tuition fees, provided your children meet the eligibility and admission criteria
- UPES, as per norms, encourages research and consulting work amongst the faculty members. You can spend 52 days in a year on consultancy and research activities. Additionally, you will be given weightage in your annual appraisal / contract renewal
- UPES encourages its faculty to engage in various self-development activities. 2-3 FDP's per annum together with nominations to national and international seminars/conferences and membership to professional associations form the three key nuances of our approach to professional development of faculty
Accommodation / living arrangements
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and years of experience, benchmarked with the best in the education sector
- Benefits like Gratuity, Medical Insurance, EL Encashment, etc. over and above salary
Transport – Getting to and from campus
- On-campus housing (limited availability)
- Surrogate residential campus at Silver Heights, 3 kms away from the University (assistance provided by the Administration department for 3 BHK row houses at Silver Heights, which is currently occupied by more than 60 faculty members of UPES)
- Assistance for searching and finalizing house in the city, along with other services like gas connection, school admissions, bank account opening etc
- UPES has a resident male and a female doctor, ALS ambulance and a pharmacy at the campus. Consultant Psychologist is also available for assistance
Technical infra support
- Transport facility (on subsidized charge) to and fro campus
Information on UPES’ state of the art infrastructure, facilities, accreditation and awards, vision and mission etc. can be found elsewhere on the website.
- Our Labs focus on research and innovation. We have 70 specialized labs adhering to international benchmarks.
- UPES has a well-stocked library of 3 levels, each level dedicated to a specific College. It has over 60,000 volumes of publications including books, reports and proceedings, more than 150 National & International Journals, online resources in terms of E-books, CDs and access to E-Journals (about 3500).
UPES adopts a unique approach in its selection and recruitment of faculty and other executives. We value, not just academic credentials, but we also look for initiative and innovation, which are an intrinsic part of the culture at UPES. Some of the parameters include:
- Qualifications and Academic Background
- Teaching/Relevant Role Experience
- Experience in Industry and Research Organizations
- International Exposure
- Paper Publications/Presentations
- Workshops/Seminars Attended/Conducted
- Projects Guided/Undertaken
- Panel’s Recommendation