Dr. Ashutosh Gautam
Dr. Ashutosh Gautam
Dynamic and Self Motivated professional with over 30 years experience in Environment. Presently associated with India Glycols Ltd. as HOD (Environment) Looking after environmental activities at corporate level. Skilled in initiating,developing as well as implementing equipment and process of environmental review process, used to identify and minimize safety and environmental impacts of new and revised operations. Competent in liaising with staff to manage, monitor and improve health and environmental standards in the workplace and increasing awareness among the staff about the same.Skilled in Environment Planning and ensuring effective compliance to the environmental standards and specifications.Well versed with the environmental laws, environmental clearance, NOC procedures, NGT matters. Thorough, detail and process oriented with strong follow-through and administrative skills; comprehensive experience in carrying out general administration activities. Innovative with sharp analytical/ problem solving capabilities. Highly self-driven and focused on delivering targeted productive outcome.
- Environmental Clearance, NOC, compliance to Environmental Rules & Regulations and other related activities including NGT matters.
- Waste management, effluent treatment- anaerobic as well as aerobic, environmental audits.
- EIA, biocomposting, ferti-irrigation with treated effluent presown irrigation with effluent, controlled Land Application, Reverse Osmosis, Evaporation and Incineration of treated effluent, Research and Development related to ETP and Effluent Utilization.
- Liaising with Government Organizations.
- Projects on corporate level for Kashipur, Dehradun, Gorakhpur and Saharanpur Units related to:
- ETP, EIA, NOC, Environmental Clearance from MoEF, and SEAC, Consents, Hazardous waste authorization, Ground Water Clearances, Coordination with Government Organizations, etc.
- Approved NABL Assessor for Laboratory Assessment (ISO/ IEC 17025:2017)
- Lead Auditor ISO 9001: 2015 (Quality Management System)
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001: 2015 (Environmental Management System)
- Lead Auditor ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- COSHH Risk Assessor Certification from The International Association for Chemical Safety.
- Applied for accreditation as EIA Co-ordinator/ Consultant to Quality Council of India and the name is in the list of QCI.
- Ph. D Guide at University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, Gurukul Kangri University, Hardwar, Rewa University, Gwalior.
- NABET Approved EIA Coordinator and Functional Area Expert.
Since December 1989 India Glycols Ltd. Presently working as HOD - Environment.
A Petrochemical Manufacturing Unit producing MEG, DEG, TEG/ Surfactants, Ethoxylates and specialty chemicals through the agro route i.e. utilizing molasses/ cane juice as a raw material and producing these chemicals via the route of alcohol. Distillery is of 425 KLPD capacity Kashipur and 300 KLPD at Gorakhpur, Sugar and Distillery Complex at Saharanpur and Herbal plant at Dehradun.. Looking after all the activities related to environment on corporate level. Also playing a key role in the Environmental Consultancy working for other companies and we have taken the work for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Clearance (EC). Major projects are related to Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Chattisgarh. Played role in establishing and developing Environmental Cell and NABL approved Environmental Monitoring Lab at India Glycols Ltd. Also worked Senior Environment Expert under GIZ for SIIDCUL, Dehradun July 2020 to May 2021.
Environmental Management System
- Implementing result-oriented measures for conserving power, water, paper & fuel.
- Designing as well as implementing the EMS (ISO 14001) & Occupational Health and CSR.
- Overseeing environment, hazard risk analysis, waste management & people management.
- Coordinating with external surveillance auditors for initiating relevant actions in any case of non compliance with the norms.
- Conceptualizing and following-up environmental practices and programs as per the business plan.
- Carrying out the commissioning, operation & maintenance of the Effluent Treatment Plant as well as Air Pollution Control Systems.
- Conducting the assessment and prediction of:
- Environmental Impacts.
- Management Plan for Environmental clearance at the Corporate Level.
- Executing internal audits as per the check list to ensure that all operations are executed within the set environmental
- Ensuring strict adherence to all the specified systems & procedures and HSE plans.
- Identifying activities and processes which are hazardous; undertaking steps for curtailing associated risks.
- Handling as well as maintaining the Personnel Protective Equipments.
- Carrying out all the general administration functions in the organization.
- Organizing as well as archiving all documentation as per company policies and environmental legislations.
- Managing all liaison work for the execution of functions related to environment.
- Attained comprehensive exposure to statutory compliances, national legislations in environment.
- Adeptly handled the control of Effluent Treatment Facilities at Kashipur Complex.
- Effectively led the completion of various projects at corporate level related to.
- NOC from SPCB at corporate level.
- Environmental clearance from the MoEF at corporate level.
- Environmental Clearance from SEAC/ SEIAA Uttarakhand and UP.
- Successfully coordinating with the Govt. Officials including UPPCB, UEPPCB, CPCB and MoEF.
- Effectively led the completion of various projects related to Effluent Treatment Facilities at corporate level.
- Carried out R&D activities in ETP & implementation of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
Vital role in:
- Coordinating with:
- Ministry of Environment for Environmental Clearance.
- SEAC and SEIAA Uttarkhand for Environmental Clearances
- CGWA for Ground Water clearances (NOC)
- NGT Matters related to the Organization.
- Environmental Clearance and NOC for Various Industries of Uttarakhand
- EIA & Environmental Clearance for various Industries of Uttarakhand.
- Co-ordination with Lawyer for NGT matters.
- Attained Junior Research Fellowship from Department of Environment Government of India from Dec ‘85 to Mar ‘89.
- JEB Prize a Young Scientist Award from the Academy of Environmental Biology in 1996.
- Bharat Jyoti Award From India International Friendship Society, New Delhi in 2001
- Nature Conservators Environment Conservation Award 2001
- MANU – Excellence Award, 2012
- Published research papers, articles and books.
- Functioning as member of editorial board of several Journals on Waste and Environment
- Took part in various National and International Conferences on environment/ waste management
- Invited lectures at institutions/ Universities like IIM, Kashipur, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Amity University, Gurukula Kangri University.
- 2020 : Post Graduate Programme in Health Safety & Environment from University of Petroleum & Energy studies, Dehradun Uttarakhand
- 2019 : M. A. Sociology from Uttarakhand Open University, Uttarakhand
- 1989 : D.Phil (Ph. D.) Chemistry – Water Pollution Studies from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar
- 1988 : P.G. Diploma in Business Administration from Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- 1985 : Master of Science in Chemistry from Garhwal University, Srinagar
- 1983 : Bachelor of Science from Garhwal University, Srinagar