Why Study BA
Overall Students placed in 2022-23 in UPES*
Placements in 2022-23 in UPES*
Recruiters on Campus in 2022-23 in UPES*
UPES offers a wide range of Bachelor of Arts courses in various modern and conventional disciplines like economics and journalism. All the BA courses last for 6 semesters spread over 3 years.
The courses have been customized to provide the students with a broad curriculum that can help them choose an appropriate major from a variety of disciplines.
UPES also partners with leading bigwigs from the media and humanities domains to provide additional exposure to the students. Hence, it is no surprise that all the BA courses have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), the Association of Indian Universities and the International Association of Universities.
The BA courses at UPES are offered by only one school - the School of Liberal Studies
Here is the consolidated list of BA courses offered by the UPES School of Liberal Studies
|BA Journalism and Mass Communication (Digital)
|Social Media and Search Engine Optimisation
Data, Analytics & Visualisation
Media Management, Public Policy and Strategic Communications
Digital Publishing/Website Management
|- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
- Media Management, Public Policy and Strategic Communications
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Digital Publishing/Website Management
- Digital Content Creation: Videos
- Digital Content Creation: Audio/Podcasts
|BA Digital and Mass Media (Broadcasting)
|Mobile Journalism (Mojo): Digital Video Production and Monetisation
Digital Audio Broadcasting: Radio Production, Podcasts and Distribution
Digital Studio Management: Live Broadcasting and Floor Production
Bachelor of Arts in India can pave the way for excellent employment opportunities across numerous humanities and art domains such as journalism, media studies and much more. Here is a list of some of the most probable positions with individual BA degrees UPES Dehradun.
- BA Journalism and Mass Communication: Senior media journalists, news readers, newspaper editors, field journalists and Story advisors for a news channel.
- BA Digital and Mass Media: Brand consultants for OTT companies like Hotstar and VOOT, TV/Film producers, online publication managers, digital media managers, and digital marketing heads.
- BA (H) English
- BA (H) Political Science: Students gain practical experience and problem-solving skills that make them suitable for roles in the private sector, industry, policy-based government, and non-governmental think tanks.
- BA (H) History: Students gain practical experience and problem-solving skills that make them suitable for roles in research-driven public and private sector organizations, including museums, galleries, journalism, policy think tanks, and content creation for biopics and historical OTT platforms.
- Sports International level playing fields
- Food Options Multi cuisine food options
- Library 200,000 Publications
- Advanced Labs With State-of-the-art facilities
- Medical Facility 24x7 team of doctors
- Transport Facility Safe and Secure buses
- Auditorium 3 world-class auditoriums
- Secured Campus Round-the-clock monitoring by guards and CCTV
- Minimum 50% marks in Class X and XII
BA Admission Process at UPES
Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree from UPES can be a great way to start your college education and eventually pursue an interesting career in the arts. Apart from an excellent faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure, UPES University is also the first Indian university to be awarded the QS Five Stars Global Rating for employability in 2020.
Choosing a broad curriculum-based bachelor’s degree such as a Bachelor of Arts can be a good idea for those who want to establish themselves as thought leaders in different fields. Moreover, the wide diversity of subjects included in the curriculum of a BA degree can prepare you for a wide range of domains and can allow you to switch seamlessly between them if you wish.
The admission process for enrolling in BA courses at UPES is rather simple. Interested applicants need to fill an application form online and submit it along with their photographs. The applications are scanned meticulously, and the shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview round.
The venues for the personal interviews can be selected from a common list by the applicants as per their preferences. The selected candidates in the personal interview round are notified and invited to take admission in a BA at UPES.
For Fee Information, Click here.
* For further details, refer to T&C Click Here.
Frequently Asked Questions
B.A. stands for Bachelor of Arts, an undergraduate typically spanning up to 3 years. There are multiple specialisations in this degree under the stream of humanities, arts, social sciences, linguistics, and cultural sciences.
Studying a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) course can offer a diverse and enriching educational experience, providing students with a broad foundation in the humanities and social sciences. It helps you gain communication skill and global awareness. B.A. offers you flexibility and adaptability which can help you prepare for a range of careers.
The eligibility criteria for a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) course can vary depending on the university, and specific program requirements. However, the most common eligibility criteria that is generally applicable to B.A. programs is to complete 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
The career scope after completing a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) course is diverse and offers a wide range of opportunities across various industries. B.A. graduates develop valuable skills such as critical thinking, communication, research, and analytical abilities, making them adaptable to different professional settings. Graduates can opt for career options like Journalism, marketing, content writer or editor, and civil servants.
UPES offers 5 BA programs offered by the School of Liberal Studies. Here is the consolidated list.
- BA Digital and Mass Media
- BA Journalism and Mass communication
- BA (H) English
- BA (H) Political Science
- BA (H) History
After completing a BA in advertising and digital marketing, UPES graduates can seek employment with all the major digital marketing and advertising agencies in the country. They can also move to the production of commercial advertisements and influencer marketing.
Personal interview (eligible candidates only) and/or an aptitude test/valid JEE score.
For Fee Information, Click here.
For the admission process, students are required to submit the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card Number at the time of registration.
- Permanent Account Number (all students and parent).
- Student academic record/personal records, which will be verified at the time of admission through the original documents.
Note: Students will only submit the self-attested copy of required document for admission. Students are not supposed to submit any original document.
Candidates seeking admission to any of the program must Apply Online or offline at admission office by paying the application form fee of Rs. 1350/-.
* For further details, refer to T&C Click Here
UPES provides placement assistance to all enrolled students subject to their fulfilling eligibility conditions as prescribed in UPES Placement Regulations. However, the obligation of the University will be only to provide placement assistance and not placement guarantee.
The university has a robust and successful career services department. Its partnerships with industries ensure that the students have adequate exposure and get rapidly absorbed into professional roles on completion of their studies. Several offers have been offered by industry giants, such as Airbus, Boeing, Deloitte USI, Ernst & Young, KPMG, PwC, LTI-Larsen & Toubro InfoTech Ltd, Wipro Limited and many others, affirming their trust in UPES.
At UPES, the focus is on developing a world-class pool of young and talented professionals who are ready to hit the ground running in their respective fields. The learning environment and practical hands-on approach help students forge ahead on their chosen career paths with a positive attitude, the right skill set and practical know-how. Because of the relevant and ‘real world’ education and ‘on-the-job’ exposure, the industry-readiness of UPES students has been one of the key differentiators.
Yes, hostel facility is provided by the University. Residential blocks have been earmarked for limited on-campus accommodation (on first come, first serve basis), separately for boys and girls on triple sharing basis. Students wishing to avail hostel facility (on-campus) will need to deposit fee in advance.
For Hostel Fee Information, Click here.
Note: Students who wish to avail the campus hostel facility should submit the following documents along with the requisite hostel fee without fail:
- Medical Certificate*
- Police Verification Report* (from their respective city/town)