National Academic Depository (NAD)
National Academic Depository (NAD) is born out of an initiative to provide an online storehouse of all academic awards. National Academic Depository (NAD) is a 24X7 online storehouse of all academic awards viz. certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark sheets etc. duly digitized and lodged by academic institutions/boards/eligibility assessment bodies. NAD not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
How to Register on NAD?
The users of the NAD system are free to select Digi locker as the sole depository for NAD.
The users should select Digi locker as the preferred depository for registering into NAD. The user may click on the link https://nad.digitallocker.gov.in, which shall re-direct them to the depository's website. Further details relating to the registration process are available on the website.
For more information about NAD: https://nad.gov.in/
Digi Locker is a provider of NAD services and aims at the ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizens by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizens’ digital document wallets. The issued documents in the Digi Locker system are deemed to be at par with original physical documents as per Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker Facilities) Rules, 2016.
Maintaining academic awards in an electronic depository would provide benefit to educational institutions, students and employers by enabling online access to academic awards which will eliminate the need for persons to approach educational institutions for obtaining transcripts of such awards for verification. It would also eliminate fraudulent practices such as forging of awards, by facilitating online verification thereof and maintaining the authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of the award.
- Register on NAD-Digi Locker by providing Aadhar details.
- Avails Digi Locker ID in case of non-availability of Aadhar
- Submits Aadhar / DigiLocker ID to AI for verification and seeding into award data
- Views and accesses all awards online at any time in a single account
- Student can:
- View/download digitally signed awards
- Request a printed copy of the certificate
- Approve/reject the request of any verifier for access to his / her certificate
- Send a copy of the certificate to any verifier
- Immediate availability of academic awards upon upload by Academic Institution
- Online, permanent record of academic awards
- No risk of losing, spoiling, or damaging the academic awards
- Anytime, anywhere and convenient access to academic awards
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the student.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Educational admission, Health.
Academic Bank of Credits has been established on the lines of the National Academic Depository (NAD), where the students' academic data are held and academic awards are stored (i.e. storehouse of academic awards). Even though ABC enables students to register or commence credit transfer, the outcomes of credit redemption and issuance of certificates, as well as the compilation of award records, are administered by academic institutions via the NAD Platform.
For more information and registration in ABC: https://www.abc.gov.in/