Dr Tarun Dhingra
Professor, Department of General Management
- B.Sc- KGK college, Moradabad, MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
- MBA (Marketing), MJP Rohilkhand University, Bareilly
- UGC-NET in Management,
- PhD- MNNIT, Allahabad as ICSSR Doctoral Fellow
Area of Specialization:
- Energy Policy
- Indian power sector
- Renewable energy
- low-cost carriers(LCC)
- Business strategy & Functional strategy
- Port performance
- Strategic CSR
Research & Publication:
- Kandpal divik & Dhingra Tarun, “Migrating to Reverse Auction Mechanisms in Wind Energy Sector: Status and Challenges” Volume 156, September 2021, 112352, Energy Policy, indexed in Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIe), Social Science Citation Index (SSCI), WoS, JCR impact factor- 5.042, Q1. ABDC- A DOI 10.1016/j.enpol.2021.112352
- Damodaran Akhil, Dhingra Tarun & Dwivedi Prasoom “ Stakeholder Perception on the challenges in long term PPP Contracts: A focus group study of Indian PPP Airports” Accepted for publication in September, Int. J. Business Excellence, (Scopus), Scopus (Elsevier), Print ISSN: 1756-0047 Online ISSN: 1756-0055 DOI: 10.1504/IJBEX.2020.10035227
- Mittal Ankur & Dhingra Tarun "Stochastic Process for Decision Making in Oil & Gas Field Projects” December 2020, VOLUME 69, NO. 2 pp-319-336 in the Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly Journal " Print ISSN: 1096-9195, ABDC category C
- Damodaran, A., Shree, D., Singh, P.P., Sagar, M. and Dhingra, T. ‘Factors affecting non-aeronautic revenue in Indian airports: a focus group study of Indian PPP airports’, Int. J. Business Excellence, Accepted (in March 2020) (Scopus), Scopus (Elsevier), Print ISSN: 1756-0047 Online ISSN: 1756-0055 DOI: 10.1504/IJBEX.2020.10035478
- Baiju Radhakrishnan, Totakura Bangar Raju and Tarun Dhingra “Cluster Policy: Perspectives on Practices in the Maritime Sector”, 14 (2020) 046–057, International Journal of e-Navigation of Maritime Economy, ISSN / eISSN 2405-5352 (Elsevier, WOS- Emerging Sources Citation Index )
- Prafulla Varhade, Dr Anil Kumar, Dr Tarun Dhingra, Saurabh Barange “Future Policy of Electricity Sector in India: Electricity Amendment Bill 2020” Water and Energy International Journal, Volume 63/RNI, NO. 2 May 2020, pp-15-24 ISSN: 0974-4207 E-ISSN: 0974-4711: Publisher - Central Board of Irrigation and Power - SCOPUS
- Dhingra Tarun Et Al. “Sustainable procurement for improving project performance for oil and gas projects” International Journal of Procurement Management, 2020 Vol.13 No.2, pp.143 - 179, DOI: 10.1504/IJPM.2020.106555, Available online: 02 Apr 2020, Scopus indexed and Category C in ABDC list.
- Baiju Radhakrishnan, Totakura Bangar Raju and Tarun Dhingra “ Identification of factors affecting Port cluster performance” 13,030–042, Dec 2019, pp 30-42, International Journal of e-Navigation of Maritime Economy, ISSN / eISSN 2405-5352 (Elsevier, WOS- Emerging Sources Citation Index )
- Srivastava Rajeev, Dhingra Tarun, “Towards a Model for Effective e-Waste Management: A Study of Software Industry in India” in International Journal of Environment and Waste Management (Inderscience) Scopus indexed. DOI: 10.1504/IJEWM.2021.111905 2021 Vol.27 No.1, pp.61 - 78
Projects or PhD’s guided
Thesis awarded - 7 scholars
- Dr S. Mani (AVP, Mahindra Satyam) Title-“Factors to promote offshore wind energy sector in India” awarded in Feb 2013.
- Dr R S Velmurugan (Chief Manager- Training, GAIL) Title- “Study of maintenance strategy & maintenance practices at a large gas utility company in India: A case study approach awarded in June 2015.
- Dr N Bhanu Prakash (Assistant Professor, CoMES, UPES)- “Measuring Efficiency of Indian Major Ports for Development of Performance Index” awarded in February 2016
- Dr S B Mitra (GM-Law, GAIL)- “ Human resource strategy formulation and practices: a case study of a large gas utility company in India” awarded in July 2016
- Dr Neelesh Kane (AGM-Protection &Testing) Title-“Strategies for sustainability for power utilities in India” Abstract Approved- awarded in August 2017
- Dr Utpal Bhattacharya (Executive Director, CESC Ltd.) – “ Investment decision under uncertainty with special reference to independent power producer in India” awarded in October 2017
- Mr Manish Yadav (Assistant Professor, Modern College of Business & Science (MCBS), Muscat, Oman)- “Critical Success Factors for Sustainability of Low-Cost Carrier (LCC) in Indian Market”
Thesis Submitted- 2 scholars
- Mr B. Radhakrishnan- Port cluster constituents functioning and its relationship with port performance: A case study approach
- Mr Akhil Damodaran (Ass. Professor, CoMES, UPES)-“ Regulatory options and public utility behaviour under long lease contract: PPP airport Perspective”
Abstract Approved- 1 scholar
- Mr Prafulla Varhade- “Critical Analysis and Rollout Plan for Introduction of Competition in Retail Electricity Supply in Maharashtra”
Synopsis approved – 4 scholars
- Mr Ramesh Kumar S “ Study of Asset Ownership and Execution Capability through Intra-firm and Inter-firm Interaction”
- Mr Divik Kandpal “ Assessing the Effectiveness of Policies of Wind Energy in India with special reference to Strategic Decision making of Firms in Wind Energy Auctions”
- Mr Navdeep Singh (Head CSR & Public Policy-Essar Foundation)- “Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility & Managing Community as Stakeholder to Avoid Company-Community Conflict in Onshore Oil & Gas Sector in India: A Case Study Approach”
- Ms Shilpi Mukherjee (Doctoral Research Fellow)- “Restructuring & Reforms of the Indian Power Sector, in view of the Electricity Act 2003 and the Way Forward” Synopsis Approved
Honours and Achievements
- Received “The best paper award” five times in different reputed platforms like Doctoral Colloquium at IIM Ahmedabad (January 2013) and International Conference on Public Policy and Governance IISC, Bangalore (September 2012) & K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai (November 2018), SCMS Cochin (November 2019) and DMS, IIT Roorkee (Dec. 2019). He also received CIMA best researcher & research award (based on Scopus publication) by UPES in Sep 2017.
- Selected as doctoral fellow among 40 seats all over India from ICSSR (Apex body of social science research), New Delhi in 2007.
- Conducted Strategic Management & Research methodology classes as part of certified petroleum manager (CPM) & MBA course to more than 2000 managers and for 50+ man-days at various energy companies.
- Resource person in prestigious institutions and platforms for FDP, MDP etc like UGC refresher course, ASCI, MNNIT, Allahabad, quantum university, Roorkee, Ram Swaroop Memorial University Lucknow, UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Kumaun University, Nainital, Lakshmibaial national institute of physical education, Gwalior.
- Conducted yearly International Conference on Management of Infrastructure (ICMI), 2017 as Convener and co-convener five times.
- Research seminar, DRF seminar and Meet the editor series- Calling noted researchers on campus ( 50 + seminars till now).
- Conducted successfully FDP on Research Methodology in 2018, 2020 and 2021 with 400+ participants, Editors meet and paper Development Workshop.
- Keynote speaker & Session chair in DWRDM, IIT Roorkee, Shodh Sankalp Education and Research, Dhanbad", Jharkhand, Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida, SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin, Kerala and SMS, MNNIT, Prayagraj (UP).
- PhD thesis evaluator of Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM), IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal, India, Pacific Academy of Higher Education & Research University, Udaipur, Rajasthan and Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University, Lucknow- UP.
- Authored four books
- “Asset Maintenance Management in Industry: A Comprehensive Guide to Strategies, Practices and Benchmarking” 2021, Springer
- “Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation” 2019
- Books edited- Business Environment of Infrastructure: Challenges and Way Forward,) 2017
- Books edited- Energy Infrastructure and Transportation “Challenges and Way Forward”- 2016.
- Developed AeroOpt tool for Aviation resource optimisation as part of three member’s team. Have a long-term tie-up with Aerotech support services for developing and marketing for the same. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13870175/
- Advisor- Blockchain For Productivity Forum https://www.linkedin.com/company/blockchainforproductivity/
- ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship