Dr. Deepak Kumar
Asst. Professor –Senior Scale (DOJ-6-07-2015, Regular)
Ph.D: Electronics Engineering, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
- M.Tech (VLSI Microelectronics and Display Technologies), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK)
- B.Tech (Electronics Engineering), Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur, U.P
Area of Specialization:
VLSI Microelectronics, Semiconductor Devices and Modelling, Tunnel FETs ,Solar Photovoltaic Technology, OTFT, Organic solar cell and Dye solar cells.
Ph.D Thesis Title: Modeling, Simulation and Experimental Investigation of Charge Transport Properties of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
M.Tech Thesis Title: Tunnel Field Effect Transistors (TFETs) and its Applications to Digital Circuits
B.Tech Project Title: One-dimensional OCDMA Simulation using MATLAB Programming.
Research & Publication
- Kumar D. Performance evaluation of double gate tunnel FET based chain of inverters and 6-T SRAM cell. Engineering Research Express. 2019 Dec 18;1(2):025055.
- D Kumar, ABist, P Dua, P Kuchhal, G Anand, KPS Parmar. Facile one-pot hydrothermal synthesis of nanorice-like TiO2 for an efficient dyesensitized solar cell (DSSC). Nanotechnology Perceptions 15 (2019), doi: 10.4024/N03KU19A.ntp.15.01.p1-7
- D Kumar, KPS Parmar, P Kuchhal. Optimizing photovoltaic efficiency of a dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) by a combined (modelling-simulation and experimental) study. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research-IJRER. Feb 2020 (Accepted for publication: 6-02-2020)
- Kumar D, Parmar KP, Kuchhal P. Analysis of charge transport properties of dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) with TiO2 working electrode by employing electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER). 2021 Mar 30;11(1):211-22.
- Kumar D, Mishra RG, Mishra R, Shrivastava AK. Impact of band to band Tunneling on Transient performance of Dual Gate Tunnel Field Effect Transistor (TFET).
- Kumar D, Jain P. Performance of Dual Metal-Double Gate Tunnel Field Effect Transistor with Different Dielectrics. InProceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices 2017 (pp. 927-933). Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar D, Jain P. Double Gate Tunnel Field Effect Transistor with Extended Source Structure and Impact Ionization Enhanced Current. InIntelligent Communication, Control and Devices 2018 (pp. 973-980). Springer, Singapore.
- Jain P, Kumar D. Drive Current Boosting Using Pocket Implant Near to the Strained SiGe/Si Source with Single-Metal/Dual-Metal Double-Gate Tunnel Field-Effect Transistor. InProceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices 2017 (pp. 943-950). Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar A, Verma G, Gupta MK, Salauddin M, Rehman BK, Kumar D. 3D Multilayer Mesh NoC Communication and FPGA Synthesis. Wireless Personal Communications. 2019 Jun 30;106(4):1855-73.
- Chaurasia RK, Mishra R, Mishra RG, Kumar D, Shrivastava AK. Numerical Modelling And Solution Of Microstrip Antenna By Using Caupto Time Fraction RDT Method.
- Amitabh Yadav, VivekKaundal, Abhishek Sharma, Paawan Sharma, Deepak Kumar, Pankaj Badoni (2017) Wireless Sensor Network Based Patient Health Monitoring and Tracking System. In: Singh R., Choudhury S. (eds) Proceeding of International Conference on Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 479. Springer, Singapore
- Mohammad S., Seetha R., Jayamangala S., Rehman B.K., Kumar D. (2020) Implementation of FM-Based Communication System with 3-Level Parallel Multiplier Structure for Fast Transmission Using FPGA. In: Choudhury S., Mishra R., Mishra R., Kumar A. (eds) Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 989. Springer, Singapore.
- Book Chapter accepted: Performance Analysis of Tunnel Field Eect Transistors for Low Power Applications in Wiley, 2021 for edited book: Intelligent green technologies for sustainable smart cities.
- Edited Book: Emerging Low Power Semiconductor Devices-Applications for Future Technology Nodes, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, USA. PB ISBN 978-1-032-14730-7.
Professional Member, IEEE
- Counsellor: IEEE Student Branch (UPES), STB 10991 (https://upesieeesbr.org/)
- Faculty Coordinator of Spoken Tutorial Program, IIT-B (MHRD India) at Electrical and Electronics Eng. Department, UPES.
- Humanitarian Activity learning: Conducted Donation conducted a donation drive “PEHEL 3.0” on 19 Feb 2020 at Rajkiye Prathmik Vidyalay, Bidholi Dehradun to help the needy students.
- Awarded as best paper award in ICAMEES conference held at UPES, Dehradun in Dec 2018
Completed Online certification Program for the followings:
- AI for Every One (Course Era course)
- Python Data Structures (Course Era course)
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)
- Foundations of Virtual Instruction (Course Era course)
- Emerging Trends and Technologies in virtual K-12 class room. (Course Era course)
- Advanced Instructional Strategies in the Virtual Classroom (Course Era course)
- Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom (Course Era course)
- Virtual Teacher Final Project. (Course Era course)
- Completed 5 Days FDP Program MNIT Jaipur (1-5, Oct, 2020) Jaipur on Titled "Recent trends in VLSI Devices/Circuits and Applications
Seed Funded Projects (UPES)
- Fabrication of electronic device for quantitation of chemical compounds based on colorimetric analysis (Co-PI) of Rs 2.5 Lakhs
- Effect of particle morphology on efficiency of Dye Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) of Rs 2.4 Lakhs as PhD Scholar