Dr. Vijay Raj
B.Tech, IIT Kanpur
PG Diploma, IGNOU
Ph.D. Avadh University
Area of Specialization:
Research & Publications:
- “Development of Bamboo Based Ferrocement Roofing Elements for Low Cost Housing”, Journal of Ferrocement, IFIC, AIT, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol. 19, No. 4, Oct. 1989, pp. 331-337.
- “Large Span Bamboo Ferrocement Elements for Flooring and Roofing Purposes”, Journal of Ferrocement, IFIC, AIT, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol. 20, No. 4, Oct. 1990, pp. 367-375.
- “Treatise on Utilization of Bamboo as Reinforcement in Ferrocement”, IFIC, AIT, Bangkok, Thailand, Vol. 21, No. 4, Oct. 1991, pp. 371-382.
- “Geoinformatics for Biomedical waste Management” , Int. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, June 2012 (Communicated).
- "Improving the Eccentric Load Carrying Capacity of Masonry Columns”, Indian Concrete Journal, Vol. 63, No. 12, Dec. 1989, pp. 590-591.
- “Selection of Plasticizer or Super Plasticizer for Concrete Construction Projects”, Civil Engineering and Construction Review, Vol. 13, No. 3, March 2000, pp. 34-35.
- “Utilization of Lime for Improving Durability of Ferrocement”, Third International Symposium on Ferrocement, Dec. 1988, New Delhi, India.
- “Strategy for Ensuring the Effectiveness of Correspondance Course in Engineering Education and Training, Nov. 1988, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Economic Development, Water Resources Development and Engineers in Nepali perspective. Seminar Organised by Lumbini Engineering College, Dec. 2000, Butwal (Nepal).
National Seminars / Workshops:
- “Quality Control in Timber Work”, Workshop on Technical Training for CPWD Engineers, Nirman Bhawan, 13-14 Dec. 1981, Delhi, India.
- “Standardization, Quality Control and Importance of I.S.I. Standards for Small Scale Industries”, Workshop on Industrial Management, organized by Small Industries Service Institute at Tinsukia (Assam), 6 July 1981, India.
- “Use of Ferrocement Technology for Rural housing construction” National Seminar on Rural Development, May 3-4, 1986, IIT Kanpur, India.
- "Innovative Use of Bamboo in Rural Housing Construction”, Workshop on Appropriate Technology for Building Construction in Eastern U.P., Sep. 21-22, 1986, Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur (U.P.), India.
- Bamboo Based Precast Roofing System for Rural Housing”, Low-Cost Housing promises and Prospects, Seminar organized by the Institution of Engineers (India), Dec. 13-14, 1986, Guwahati (Assam), India.
- “Scheme for Utilization of Local Raw Material for Rural Housing Construction”. The Institution of Engineers (India), Annual Technical No. 1987, U.P. State Centre, Lucknow, India.
- "A Ferrocement Based Scheme for Construction of Water in Waste Land”, A National Workshop on Science and Technology for Rural Development, Organised by Association for Waste Land Development, New Delhi, Nov. 2-4, 1987.
- “A bamboo-based non-conventional Buildings Material”, National Seminar on “Modern Trends in Building Materials Design and Construction” The Institution of Engineers, Local center, Allahabad, Nov. 13-15, 1987.
- "Application for Ferrocement for Flood Relief”, National Seminar on “Flood Control and Drainage Works in Eastern Utter Pradesh”, Gorakhpur, Jan. 1-2, 1988, India.
- “Ferrocement Boats”, The Institution of Engineers, Annual Tech. Number, 1988, U.P. State Centre, Lucknow (U.P.), India.
- “A Non-Formal System for Engineering Education”. The Institution of Engineers (India), Annual Technical Number, 1989, U.P. State Centre, Lucknow (India).
- “Scheme for Development of Low-Cost Housing in India”. The Institution of Engineers (India), Annual Tech. Number, 1990, U.P. State Centre, Lucknow (India).
- “Bamboo Cement Composites” Status Paper in III Forest Products Conference, 26-28 June 1990, FRI, Dehradun (U.P.), India.
- “Water Proofing of Leaking Roofs with Ferrocement”, 20th Annual General Meeting of the Institution of Engineers, U.P. State Centre, Lucknow, Nov. 17, 1990.
- “Model for Implementing Continuing Education Programme in Technology Education, 8th All India Management Congress, New Delhi, Oct. 18-19, 1992.
- “Importance of Institute-Industry Interaction in Curriculum Development”, National Seminar on Industry-Academia Interaction, Sponsored by ISTE at, M.M.M.Engineering College, Gorakhpur, Aug. 12-13, 1993.
- “Structural Passive Systems for Earthquake resistant Low-Cost Houses”, National Seminar-cum-Workshop on” Solar- Passive Architectural and Structural Systems for Energy-Efficient Low-Cost Houses, M.M.M.Engg. College, Gorakhpur, Aug. 19-20, 1995.
- "Application of Ferrocement for Flood Resisting Houses”, Regional Seminar on “Low-Cost Flood Resisting Energy Efficient Houses for Eastern U.P.”, M.M.M.Engg. College, Gorakhpur, March 13-14, 1996.
- “Low-Cost Building Material”, ISTE - Short Term Training Programme on “Low-Cost Energy Efficient Buildings”, M.M.M.Engg. College, Gorakhpur, March 16-21, 1998.
- "Precast Construction Technology for Energy Efficient Buildings”, ISTE - Short Term Training Programme on “Low-Cost Energy Efficient Buildings”, M.M.M.Engg. College, Gorakhpur, March 16-21, 1998.
- “Precast Energy Efficient Roofing Systems”, ISTE- Short Term Training Programme on “Low-Cost Energy Efficient Buildings”, M.M.M.Engg. College, Gorakhpur, March 16-21, 1998.
- “Housing for Flood-Prone Regions”, Nat. Convention on Disaster Reduction, M. M. M. Engg. College, Gorakhpur, Oct.14-16, 1998.
- “Flood Resistant Constructions”, A Case Study in Eastern Utter Pradesh. National Seminar on “Advances in Energy-Efficient Construction Systems”, sponsored by HUDCO, New Delhi. M.M.M. Engg. College, Gorakhpur 14-15 Sept. 1999.
- “Field Condition Vs Codal Provisions of IS 456 2000” National Workshop on revised Indian concrete code IS 456 2000, M.M.M. Engineering College, Gorakhpur 18th October 2001.
- “Development of Hydropower in Uttarakhand-Social and legal issues” National Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, 19-20 June 2016.
- "Case Study of Retrofitting a weir in Rudraprayag during devastating floods in the year 2013” Conference on Water Resources and Hydropower, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, 19-20 June 2016.