Dr. Uday Bhan
No. Papers published in journals: 16
No. Papers presented in conferences: 10
No. Citations: 29
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- B.Sc. [Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Allahabad University, 2004]
- M.Sc. [Applied Geology, Allahabad University, 2006]
- M.Tech [Petroleum Exploration, IIT Dhanbad (ISM), 2009]
- Ph.D [ Geoscience Engineering, UPES 2012]
- Doctoral Research Fellow, 2009 to 2012, UPES
- Assistant Professor, 2012 to 2018, UPES
- Associate Professor , 2018 to Present, UPES
- Faculty Advisor of American Association of Petroleum Geologist Student Chapter [UPES AAPG], 2012 to Present
Honours and Achievements:
- Qualified GATE 2007, All India Rank 92
- Country Coordinator, AAPG International, from India 2020-21
- Ex-Officio member, AAPG Asia Pacific Region, 2020-2023
- Instant Recognition Award 2012 & 2016 from UPES
Contribution: Executed Project on:
- Estimation of Absolute Groundwater Temperature from Oxygen-18 Fractionation.
- Petrographic and Isotopic Studies of the Precambrian Lesser Himalayan Clastic Sediments: Implication for their Provenances.
- Glacio-chemical studies of Dokriani Glacier, Central Himalaya, India: Implications of solute acquisition Process. Interest: Source rock evaluation and petroleum system modelling with the help of geochemical data. Forward & backward basin modelling and hydrocarbon flow performance by using seismic, well log and petro physical data analysis. Sequence stratigraphy and depositional history analysis of sedimentary basins. Deposition of atmospheric pollutant and their chemical characterization in snow pit profile. Formation Evaluation and petro physics.
- SS Das, AS Maurya, AC Pandey, U Bhan, AK Rai, Influence of sediment source and monsoonal variations on the late Quaternary clay mineral assemblages at ODP site 728A, northwestern Arabian Sea, Current Science, 1320-1326, Vol 10 Nov. 2008.
- VB Singh, AK Rai, U Bhan, Illustration and Taxonomy of Late Neogene Deep Sea Agglutinated Benthic Foraminifera from the Exmouth Plateau in the Eastern Indian Ocean, International Journal of Advanced Earth Science and Engineering 3, 183-200, 2014.
- Dr. D. K Gupta, Dr. Uday Bhan, Mr. K. Vamsi Krishna & Mr. Dinesh Alluka, Study of Apparent Permeability in Shale Gas Reservoirs, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 4, Issue 03, March-2015.
- S Ganguly, S Tiwari, U Bhan, S Mittal, S Rai, EF Osta Melting of Sea Ice Inexplicable for Recent Global Eustatic Sea Level Rise, Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change, 6 (1), 2015.
- S Sundriyal, T Shukla, L Tripathee, DP Dobhal, SK Tiwari, U Bhan, Deposition of atmospheric pollutant and their chemical characterization in snow pit profile at Dokriani Glacier, Central Himalaya, Journal of Mountain Science 15 (10), 2236-2246, 2018.
- MS Goyat, Vikram Jaglan, Vikram Tomar, Guillaume Louchaert, Arun Kumar, Kaushal Kumar, Amneesh Singla, Rajeev Gupta, Uday Bhan, Santosh Kumar Rai, Sudesh Sharma, Superior thermomechanical and wetting properties of ultrasonic dual mode mixing assisted epoxy-CNT nanocomposites, High Performance Polymers 31 (1), 32-42, 2019
- S Ganguly, SK Rai, S Mittal, U Bhan, RS Ahluwalia, Estimation of groundwater temperature from 18O fractionation-A deterministic analytical model. Groundwater for Sustainable Development 9, 100234, 2019.
- S Ganguly, U Bhan, SK Rai, S Mittal, RS Ahluwalia, A Verma An experimental approach to estimate groundwater temperature from 18O fractionation. Groundwater for Sustainable Development 9, 100257, 2019.
- M Negi, SK Rai, SK Ghosh, U Bhan, S Singhal,Characterization of the Detrital Zircon from the Lesser Himalayan Proterozoic siliciclastics. HIMALAYAN GEOLOGY 41 (1),1-10, 2020.
- Y Singh, D Singh, U Bhan, A Singla, A Sharma. Experimental Evaluation of the Friction and Wear Analysis of Cassia Tora Oil with TiO2 Nanoparticles as an Additive. Available at SSRN 3721575, 2020.
- U Bhan, D Singh, A Ranganathan. Effect of different loads on the friction and wear characteristics of material lubricated with neem oil. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020.
- D Singh, U Bhan, PK Painuly, Effect of ZnO nanoparticles concentration on the friction and wear behaviour of Mahua oil. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020.
- S Goswami, A Kushwaha, L Goswami, N Singh, U Bhan, A Daverey. Biological treatment, recovery, and recycling of metals from waste printed circuit boards Environmental Management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment, 163-184, 2021
- S Sundriyal, U Bhan, S Selvakumar, R Singh, DP Dobhal, Two Decadal Changes in the Major Ions Chemistry of Melt Water Draining from Dokriani Glacier, central Himalaya, India. Journal of the Geological Society of India 97 (3), 308-314, 2021.
- P Dhote, U Bhan, D Verma, Genetic Model of Carbonatite Hosted Rare Earth Elements Mineralization from Ambadongar Carbonatite Complex, Deccan Volcanic Province, India. Ore Geology Reviews, 104215, 2021.
- Y Singh, NK Singh, A Sharma, V Chinnasamy, U Bhan,Tribological Characteristics of TiO 2 Nanoparticles as an Additive to the Chemically Modified Nicotiana Tabacum. Journal of Bio-and Tribo-Corrosion, V135, 7 (2), 1-9, 2021.
Ph.D.’s guided: 02, Ongoing 03.
- Somenath Ganguly: Estimation of Absolute Groundwater Temperature from Oxygen-18 Fractionation. September, 2020.
- Manju Negi: Petrographic and Isotopic Studies of the Precambrian Lesser Himalayan Clastic Sediments: Implication for their Provenances. 2019.
Consultancy Project: Porosity & Permeability measurement of given core samples from Kobra, Chattisgarh, India Funding Agency: Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd (MECL) and National Aluminum Corporation Ltd (NALCO), Govt. of India Total Fund [12 Lack INR].
- Associate member of American Association of Petroleum Geologist, since 2013 to present.
MHRD fellowship for two year M. Tech Study at IIT Dhanbad, 2007-09.
Personal interests: Geological field excursion.
School: School of Engineering
Department: Department of Petroleum Engineering and Earth sciences