Dr. Neeraj Mahindroo
Dean School of Health Sciences
- B. Pharmacy - Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- M. Pharmacy - Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry) - Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- PDF Medicinal Chemistry - National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- PDF Medicinal Chemistry & Chemical Biology - St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
- Unique ORCID identifier: 0000-0002-3611-7388
- Scopus Id: 56051576900
- Researcher Id A-7162-2008
- Google Scholar Id grY07AgAAAAJ
- Vidwan-ID: 49298
Medicinal chemist with an experience of over 24 years in academic and research. Experienced in securing research grants and fellowships through international competitive evaluation process and a recipient of National Health Research Institutes Postdoctoral Fellowship and St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital Postdoctoral Fellowship. Founder Dean of School of Health Sciences, UPES, Dehradun focusing on science and technology for healthcare, set up a state of art academic and research facility and built up the team with excellent experience from top academic and research institutes, introduced innovative curriculum focusing on technical and life skills, critical thinking, problem solving and design thinking. Has held leadership role as Dean of Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Dean of Research & Development of Shoolini University. Member of core team for various university committees including Academic Council and Board of Management. Steered research policy and productivity of Shoolini University as Dean R&D, which is now ranked amongst top research universities of India. School of Pharmaceutical Sciences was ranked in top 40 under the leadership for four consecutive years (2016 (19), 2017(39), 2018 (30), 2019 (39)) by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Member of University NIRF, NAAC and NBA core team. Experience in PCI and AICTE fillings and inspections. Current research interests are in drug discovery for neglected diseases, neurological disorders and cancer, screening of fractionated extracts and isolated compounds from plants from North-Western Himalayas. Successfully guided six PhD and nine M. Pharmacy students. Published 40 papers with more than 1500 citations (h index = 20) and five patents and ten patent applications. Member of Editorial Advisory Board of ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters and on Board of Advisors at MEDINFOSYS.ORG. Research funding from ICMR, DBT, DRDO, HP Biodiversity Board, Shoolini University and UPES. Member CII National Committee on R&D & Innovation 2020-21, part of the Sub-group on Healthcare & Chemicals.
- Professor & Dean, School of Health Sciences, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, India
- Dean, Research & Development, Shoolini University
- Professor & Dean, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shoolini University, Solan, H.P., India
- Director, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, H.P., India
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellow, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
- Lecturer Pharmaceutical Sciences, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India
- Fellow, International Center for Science and High Technology , Trieste, Italy
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
- Member, CII National Committee on R&D & Innovation 2020-21, part of the Sub-group on Healthcare & Chemicals.
- Member Board of Management, UPES, Dehradun
- Member expert team for to evaluate UG Pharmacy programs for grant of NBA Accreditation.
- Member Academic Council, UPES, Dehradun
- Member Board of Management, Shoolini University, Solan
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board of ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Board of Advisors at MEDINFOSYS.ORG
- Reviewer for manuscripts submitted to Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, ARKIVOC Editorial Board of Referees, Medicinal Chemistry Research
- Member, Expert Group for Review of Medicinal Plants, ICMR, New Delhi, India, (December 2014 – Dec 2016)
- Member, Committee for Action Program on Himalayan Biodiversity, Shoolini University (December 2014 – Dec 2018)
- Fulbright Campus Representative, Shoolini University (March 2014 – Dec 2018)
- Member Academic Council, Shoolini University (July 2013 – Dec 2018)
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR); Sigma Xi; American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS); American Chemical Society (ACS); Indian Pharmaceutical Association - Life member; Indian Science Congress Association – Life Member
- Registered Pharmacist, Himachal Pradesh State Pharmacy Council
- Resource person Himachal Pradesh State Pharmacy Council Continuing Pharmacy Education Program
- Examiner for Panjab University, Kerala University, Pondicherry University, Punjabi University etc.
- Chair, Lab Safety Committee, Department of Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Pharmacy, JUIT, Waknaghat. (Jan 2011 – June 2013)
- Merit Fellowship from Government of Himachal Pradesh, India 1990-1994.
- Junior Research Fellowship from UGC, India 1994-1996.
- Senior Research Fellowship from CSIR, India 1996-1999.
- Senior Research Fellowship from DST, India 1999-2000.
- Fellowship from ICS-UNIDO, Italy 2000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medicinal Chemistry from National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan 4/2002 -5/2006
- Travel Grant from NHRI, Taiwan to attend International Conferences 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Postdoctoral Associate in Chemical Biology from St Jude Children’s Research Hospital/ALSAC, Memphis, USA/ NIH Cancer Centre Grant.
- Patra J, Singh D, Jain S, Mahindroo N*, Application of Docking for Lead Optimization, In Molecular Docking for Computer-Aided Drug Design, First Edition (ISBN: 978-0-12-822312-3), Eds. Coumar MS, Academic Press, London, United Kingdom, February 2021, Pages 271-294. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-822312-3.00012-6
- Jain S, Kumar S, Lamba BY, Patra J, Mahindroo N, Nanocatalysts: Applications in synthesis of chalcones–a review, Synthetic Communications 2021, 51, 1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00397911.2020.1817941.
- Singh D, Joshi K, Samuel A, Patra J, Mahindroo N*, Alcohol-based hand sanitisers as first line of defence against SARS-CoV-2: a review of biology, chemistry and formulations, Epidemiology & Infection 2020, 148, e229. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268820002319
- Kumar S, Gupta A, Saini RV, Kumar A, Dhar KL, and Mahindroo N*, Immunomodulation-Mediated Anticancer Activity of a Novel Compound from Brugmansia suaveolens Leaves, Med. Chem. 2020, 28, 115552. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2020.115552
- Kapoor M, Rojhe KC, and Mahindroo N, Quality by design Approach in Indian Pharmaceutical Industry: A Brief Status Appraisal, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2020, 12, 230-233. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2020.12.03.014
- Rana D, Kalamuddin M, Sundriyal S, Jaiswal V, Sharma G, Das Sarma K, Sijwali PS, Mohmmed A, Malhotra P*, and Mahindroo N*, Identification of antimalarial leads with dual falcipain-2 and falcipain-3 inhibitory activity, Med. Chem. 2020, 28, 115155. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmc.2019.115155
- Pundir S, and Mahindroo N*, Roylea cinerea (D.Don) Baillon: Ethnomedicinal uses, phytochemistry and pharmacology: A review, Ethnopharmacology 2019, 232, 193-200. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2018.12.042
- Sharma, P, Negi, P, and Mahindroo, N*, Recent advances in polymeric drug delivery carrier systems, In Advances in Polymers for Biomedical Applications, Eds. Pathania D and Gupta B, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Hauppauge, NY, USA, September 2018, Pages 369-388.
- Sharma G, Kumar S, Sharma M, Upadhyay N, Kumar S, Ahmed Z, and Mahindroo N, Anti-Diabetic, Anti-Oxidant and Anti-Adipogenic Potential of Quercetin Rich Ethyl Acetate Fraction of Prunus persica, Pharmacogn J. 2018, 10, 463-469. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5530/pj.2018.3.76
- Kumar S, Saini RV, and Mahindroo N*, Recent Advances in Cancer Immunology and Immunology-Based Anticancer Therapies, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 2017, 96, 1491-1500. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopha.2017.11.126
- Mahindroo N, In This Issue, ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2017, 8, 988.
- Rathore C, Jain N, Garg N, Mahindroo N, Sharma G and Negi P, Polysaccharide-microsponge based matrix tablet for colon targeting of ketoprofen: in vitro and in vivo evidence, Int J Pharm Sci Res 2017, 8, 4250-60. DOI: 10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.8(10).4250-60
- Patel SS, Tomar S, Sharma D, Mahindroo N, and Udayabanu M, Targeting sonic hedgehog signaling in neurological disorders, Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 2017, 74, 76-97.
- Sharma M, and Mahindroo, N*, Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for Determination of β-Acetyldigoxin, International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics 2017, 9 (1), 54-59.
- Sharma M, Upadhyay NK, and Mahindroo N*, Stability Indicating HPLC Method for Determination of 7,8,9,10 Tetrahydroazepino[2,1b]quinazolin-12(6H)-one, a Potential Anti-Cancer Agent, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016, 78, 769-774.
- Patel SS, Mahindroo N, and Udaybanu M, Urtica dioica leaves modulates hippocampal smoothened-glioma associated oncogene-1 pathway and cognitive dysfunction in chronically stressed mice, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 2016, 83, 676–686.
- Gupta A, Kumar S, Mahindroo N, and Saini RV, Bioactive Fraction from Datura stramonium Promotes Human Immune Cells Mediated Cytotoxicity towards Lung and Breast Cancer Cells, Pharmacogn. J. 2016, 8, 435-439.
- Jain N, Sareen R, Mahindroo N, and Dhar KL, Development and Optimization of Osmotically Controlled Asymmetric Membrane Capsules for Delivery of Solid Dispersion of Lycopene, The Scientific World Journal 2014, Article ID 438528.
- Mahindroo N, Connelly M, Punchihewa C, Yang L, Yan B, and Fujii N, Amide Conjugates of Ketoprofen and Indole as Inhibitors of Gli1-Mediated Transcription in the Hedgehog Pathway. Med. Chem. 2010, 18, 4801-4811.
- Mahindroo N, Connelly M, Punchihewa C, Kimura H, Smeltzer M, Wu S, and Fujii N, Structure-Activity Relationships and Cancer-Cell Selective Toxicity of Novel Inhibitors of Glioma-Associated Oncogene Homolog1 (Gli1)- Mediated Transcription. Med. Chem. 2009, 52, 4277-4287.
- Mahindroo N*, Punchihewa C, and Fujii N, Hedgehog-Gli Signaling Pathway Inhibitors as Anticancer Agents. Med. Chem. 2009, 52, 3829-3845. (*corresponding author)
- Mahindroo N, Punchihewa C, Bail AM, and Fujii N, Indole-2-amide based biochemical antagonist of Dishevelled PDZ domain interaction down-regulates Dishevelled-driven Tcf transcriptional activity. Med. Chem. Lett. 2008, 18, 946-949.
- Mayasundari A, Ferreira AM, He L, Mahindroo N, Bashford D, and Fujii N, Rational design of the first small-molecule antagonists of NHERF1/EBP50 PDZ domains. Med. Chem. Lett. 2008, 18, 942-945.
- Lu I-L, Tsai K-C, Chiang Y-K, Jiaang W-T, Wu S-H, Mahindroo N, Chien C-H, Lee S-J, Chen X, Chao Y-S, and Wu S-Y, A three-dimensional pharmacophore model for dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors. J. Med. Chem. 2008, 43, 1603-1611.
- Mahindroo N, Peng Y-H, Lin C-H, Tan U-K, Prakash E, Lien T-W, Lu I-L, Lee H-J, Hsu JT-A, Chen X, Liao C-C, Lyu P-C, Chao Y-S, Wu S-W, and Hsieh H-P, Structural Basis for the Strucure-Activity Relationships of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 6421-6424.
- Liou J-P, Mahindroo N, Chang C-W, Chang C-Y, Kao F-M, Lee W-H, Kuo C-C, Yeh T-K, Tan U-K, Tung Y-S, Chang J-Y, and Hsieh H-P, Structure-Activity Relationship Studies of 3-Aroylindoles as Potent Antimitotic Agents. ChemMedChem 2006, 1, 1106-1118.
- Lu I-L, Mahindroo N, Liang P-H, Peng Y-H, Kuo C-J, Tsai K-C, Hsieh H-P, Chao Y-S, and Wu S-Y, Structure-Based Drug Design and Structural Biology Study of Novel Nonpeptide Inhibitors of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Main Protease. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 5154-5161.
- Tsai K-C, Chen S-Y, Liang P-H, Lu I-L, Mahindroo N, Hsieh H-P, Chao Y-S, Liu L, Liu D, Lien W, Lin T-H, and Wu S-Y. Discovery of a Novel Family of SARS-CoV Protease Inhibitors by Virtual Screening and 3D-QSAR Studies. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 3485-3495.
- Lu I-L, Huang C-F, Peng Y-H, Lin Y-T, Hsieh H-P, Chen C-T, Lien T-W, Lee H-J, Mahindroo N, Prakash E, Goparaju CMV, Chen X, Liao C-C, Chao Y-S, Hsu JT-A, and Wu S-Y, Structure-Based Drug Design of a Novel Family of PPARg Partial Agonists: Virtual Screening, X-ray Crystallography and In Vitro/In Vivo Biological Activities. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 2703-2712.
- Mahindroo N, Liou J-P, Chang J-Y and, Hsieh H-P, Antitubulin Agents for Treatment of Cancer- A Medicinal Chemistry Update, Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents 2006, 16, 647-691.
- Mahindroo N, Wang C-C, Liao C-C, Huang C-F, Lu I-L, Lien T-W, Peng Y-H, Huang W-J, Lin Y-T, Hsu M-C, Lin C-H, Tsai C-H, Hsu JT-A, Chen X, Lyu P-C, Chao Y-S, Wu S-W, and Hsieh H-P, Indol-1-yl Acetic Acids as Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists: Design, Synthesis, Structural Biology, and Molecular Docking Studies. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 1212-1216.
- Mahindroo N, Huang C-F, Peng Y-H, Wang C-C, Liao C-C, Lien T-W, Chittimalla SK, Huang W-J, Tsai C-H, Prakash E, Chen C-P, Hsu T-A, Peng C-H, Lu I-L, Lee L-H, Chang Y-W, Chen W-C, Chou Y-C, Chen C-T, Goparaju CMV, Chen Y-S, Lan S-J, Yu M-C, Chen X, Chao Y-S, Wu S-Y, and Hsieh H-P, Novel Indole-based Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists: Design, SAR, Structural Biology and Biological Actvitites, Med. Chem. 2005, 48, 8194-8208.
- Mahindroo N, Ahmed Z, Bhagat A, Bedi KL, Khajuria RK, Kapoor VK, and Dhar KL, Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of Vasicine Analogues as Bronchodilatory Agents. Chem. Res. 2005, 14, 347-368.
- Tseng H-Y, Wu S-H, Huang W-H, Wang S-F, Yang Y-N, Mahindroo N, Hsu T-A, Jiaang W-T and Lee S-J, Benzothiazolium Compounds: Novel Classes of Inhibitors That Suppress the Nitric Oxide Production in RAW264.7 Cells Stimulated by LPS/IFNg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2005, 15, 2027-2032.
- Hsieh H-P, Liou J-P and Mahindroo N, Pharmaceutical Design of Antimitotic Agents Based on Combretastatins, Current Pharmaceutical Design, 2005, 11, 1655-1677.
- Liou J-P, Chang J-Y, Chang C-W, Chang C-Y, Mahindroo N, Kao F-M, and Hsieh H-P, Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of 3-Aminobenzophenones as Antimitotic Agents, Med. Chem. 2004, 47, 2897-2905.
- Hsieh H-P, Liou J-P, Lin Y-T, Mahindroo N, Chang J-Y, Yang Y-N, Chern S-S, Tan U-K, Chang C-W, Chen T-W, Lin C-H, Chang Y-Y and Wang C-C, Structure-Activity and Crystallographic Analysis of Benzophenone Derivatives - the Potential Anticancer Agents, Med. Chem. Lett. 2003, 13, 101-105.
- Kapoor VK, Dubey S and Mahindroo N, Preparation, Antiprotozoal and Antibacterial Evaluation and Mutagenicity of Some Metronidazole Derivatives, Indian J. Chem. 2000, 39B, 27-30.
- Kapoor VK and Mahindroo N, Chemical Modifications of Metronidazole, J. Punjab Academy of Sciences, 1999, 1, 185-197.
- Kapoor VK and Mahindroo N, Recent advances in structure modifications of Taxol, Indian J. Chem., 1997, 36B, 639-652.
- Mahindroo N, Glossary of Assays of Pharmacopoeial Drugs, Pharmacos, 1995, 32, 57-71.
- Gupta N, Sharma K, Shalini, Sapra S, Mahindroo N, and Dhar KL, Unusual Claisen-Schmidt Condensation of 2-hydroxy propiophenones, Overcoming the Bottlenecks in Drug Discovery and Development, The Royal Society of Chemistry, Gurgaon, Haryana, March 20-21, 2014
- Patel SS, Mahindroo N, Udayabanu M, Effect of Hypericum extract on chronic stress induced alteration in bax expression in hippocampus region of mice, ICMR sponsored seminar on Research Trends in Future Drug Development: Exploration of Medicinal and Aromatic Flora, Shoolini University, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India June 20-21, 2013
- Mahindroo N, Connelly M, Lee Y, Punchihewa C, Kimura H, Smeltzer M, Wu S, McKinnon P, and Fujii N, Gli1-Mediated Transcription Inhibitors as Potential Anticancer Agents. Nature Chemical Biology Symposium 2009, Chemical Biology in Drug Discovery, Cambridge, MA, USA, September 19-20, 2009, P27.
- Mahindroo N, Connelly M, Punchihewa C, Mayasundari A, and Fujii N, Discovery of Drug-like Small Molecule Antagonist of Gli1 Transcription. Gordon Research Conference, Combinatorial Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Magdalen College, Oxford, U.K. in August-September 2008
- Mahindroo N, Connelly M, Punchihewa C, Mayasundari A, Kimura H, and Fujii N, Structure-Activity Relationships and Cancer-Selective Toxicity of Novel Inhibitors of Gli1 Transcription. XXth International Symposium Medicinal Chemistry, Vienna, Austria, August 31- September 4, 2008, Drugs of Future, 2008 33 Supplement A, P008.
- Mahindroo N, Peng Y-H, Lien T-W, Lin C-H, Lu I-L, Prakash E, Lee H-J, Hsu J T-A, Chen X, Yeh T-K, Chen C-T, Chao Y-S, Wu S-Y, and Hsieh H-P, Indolyloxyalkanoic Acids as Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists: SAR, Structural Biology and Biological Studies, Third workshop on Drug Discovery and Development in New Millennium (D3NM-3), National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), India, Feb. 21-24, 2006, Poster no PP-04.
- Mahindroo N, Peng Y-H, Lien T-W, Lin C-H, Lu I-L, Prakash E, Lee H-J, Hsu J T-A, Chen X, Yeh T-K, Chen C-T, Chao Y-S, Wu S-Y, and Hsieh H-P, Novel Indole-Based Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Agonists: SAR, Structural Biology and Biological Studies, National Health Research Institutes (NHRI) Principal Investigator Retreat Conference, Nantou, Taiwan, April 11-13, 2006.
- Hsieh H-P, Mahindroo N, Wang C-C, Huang C-F, Lien T-W, Tsai C-H, Peng Y-H, Lee L-H, Prakash E, Chen W-C, Chang Y-W, Hsu T-A, Chen X, Wu S-W, Chen C-T, Lan S-J, and Chao Y-S, Design and Structure-Activity Relationships of Novel Indole-based PPAR Agonists as Antidiabetic Agents, 229th ACS National Meeting and Exposition, San Diego, USA, March 13th to March 17th 2005, Poster no 181.
- Hsieh H-P, Mahindroo N, Coumar MS, Wang C-C, Huang C-F, Lien T-W, Tsai C-H, Lin Y-T, Lee L-H, Prakash E, Hsu T-A, Chen X, Wu S-W, Chen C-T, and Chao Y-S, Design, Synthesis and SAR of Indole-based PPAR Agonists, 229th ACS National Meeting and Exposition, San Diego, USA, March 13th to March 17th 2005, Poster no 182.
- Mahindroo N, Wang C-C, Huang C-F, Chen X, Hsu T-A, and Hsieh H-P, Rational Design of Indole-based PPAR agonists, 29th National Medicinal Chemistry Symposium, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, June 27 to July 1 2004, Poster no 77.
- Mahindroo N, Huang C-F, Wang C-C, Lien T-W, Chen X, Hsu T-A, and Hsieh H-P, Rational Design of Indole-based PPAR agonists, NHRI Principal Investigator Retreat, Taiwan, June 15-17, 2004.
- Mahindroo N, Liou J-P, Lin Y-T, Yang Y-N, Chang C-W, Chen T-W, and Hsieh H-P, Structure-Activity and Crystallographic Analysis of Benzophenone Derivatives - the Potential Anticancer Agents, Advancing Library Design and Organic Synthesis, La Jolla, California, USA, February 2003.
- Mahindroo N, Kapoor VK, Ahmed Z, Bhagat A, Bedi KL and Dhar KL, Synthesis and Structure Activity Relationship of Quinazolines based on Vasicine as Bronchodilatory Agents, International Symposium on Progress in Drug Discovery and Development Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2001.
- Kapoor VK, Dubey S and Mahindroo N, Preparation, Antiprotozoal and Antibacterial Evaluation of some Metronidazole derivatives, 50th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held jointly with 17th FAPA congress, Mumbai, India,1998, Abstract No. ID17, p-55.
- Mahindroo N, Kapoor VK and Dhar KL, Microwave mediated synthesis of some dihydroquinazolines, 49th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Thiruvananthapuram, India, 1997, Abstract No. B15, p-80.
Talks and Workshops
- Mahindroo N, ‘Drug Discovery in era of Artificial Intelligence,’ UGC-NRC Program at Panjab University "Targeting New Echelons in Drug Discovery and Analysis," January 27 - February 1, 2020.
- Mahindroo N, Workshop on “Writing research grant application to National and International Funding Agencies,” APTICON 2019, Dehradun October 11, 2019.
- Mahindroo N, “Pharmacovigilance for 21st Century Pharmacists: Showing your quality of care for Patients”, Webinar on "World Pharmacist Day" September 25, 2019 Organized by Biocon Comprehensive Care Limited, Bengaluru, Broadcast across India to more than 2000 Hospital Pharmacists.
- Mahindroo N, “Pharmacovigilance - Role in New Drug Discovery & Development,” at DST-SERB, ICMR & CSIR sponsored International Conference Bahara University “Challenges in Clinical trials and Pharmacovigilance of new drugs, genetically modified products and herbal drugs” March 28 -29, 2018.
- Mahindroo N, ‘Future Challenges and Opportunities in Drug Discovery,’ UGC-NRC Program at Panjab University "Recent Developments and Future Trends in Pharmaceutical Education and Research," February 20-25, 2018.
- Mahindroo N, Traditional Medicine and Herbal Drug Industry – Creating a Quality Raw Material Supply, ASSOCHAM – Department of Pharmaceuticals, Govt. of India, Conference on “APIs: Reducing Dependence on Imports,” Hotel Best Western Royal Park, Baddi July 28, 2016.
- Mahindroo N, From the Laboratory to Medicine Cabinet - Role of a Medicinal Chemist in the Journey of a Drug, UGC-NRC Program at Panjab University - Contemporary Trends in the Realm of Medicinal Chemistry, September 14-19, 2015.
- Mahindroo N, From the Laboratory to your Medicine Cabinet – The Journey of a Drug, DST-INSPIRE Camp, Shoolini University, Solan, July 12, 2015.
- Mahindroo N, Safety in Chemistry Laboratory, National Seminar on Safety In Chemistry Laboratory, MMU, Maulana, Ambala, November 12, 2014.
- Mahindroo N, Good Storage Practices for Pharmaceuticals, HP State Pharmacy Council Continuing Pharmacist Education Program, Nahan, Himachal Pradesh, India September 14, 2014.
- Mahindroo N, Hh-Gli Pathway – The Small Molecule Modulators, International Symposium on Recent Advances in Medicinal chemistry (ISRAM-2014) NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar. September 8 – 10, 2014.
- Mahindroo N, Drug Targets, Target identification, Validation and Screening, UGC Networking Summer Course, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, August 10, 2013.
- Mahindroo N, New Molecules in Market, Refresher Course for Pharmacists, Department of Health & Family Welfare, State Health and Family Welfare Training Institute, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, Shimla, July 13, 2013
- Mahindroo N, Natural Product-Based Drug Discovery: Keeping in Step with Changing Technology, ICMR Sponsored Conference on Research Trends in Future Drug Development: Exploration of Medicinal and Aromatic Flora, Shoolini University, Bajhol, Solan, Himachal Pradesh India June 20-21, 2013
- Mahindroo N, Pharmacists' Role in Counseling Patients Regarding Medications and Driving Risk, HP State Pharmacy Council Continuing Pharmacist Education Program, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India April 28, 2013.
- Mahindroo N, Small molecule modulators of Hh-Gli signaling pathway as potential therapeutics, INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIOTECHNOLOGY: EMERGING TRENDS (ICB-2012), DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY CHAUDHARY DEVI LAL UNIVERSITY, SIRSA, Haryana 18-20 Sept., 2012 (IL9)
- Mahindroo N, Small molecule modulators of Hh-Gli signaling pathway as potential therapeutics, National Pharmacy School, University of Otago, New Zealand June 2012.
- Mahindroo N , Novel Small Molecule Inhibitors of Gli1-Mediated Transcription as Pediatric Anticancer Agents, Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India October 22, 2010.
- Hsing-Pang Hsieh, Neeraj Mahindroo, Tsu-An Hsu; Chien-Fu Hung, Xin Chen, 'Indole Compounds,' US Patent, US07,449,478, November 11, 2008.
- Hsing-Pang Hsieh, Neeraj Mahindroo, Tsu-An Hsu; Chien-Fu Hung, Xin Chen, 'Indole Compounds,' Taiwan Patent (R.O.C), TW1304066, December 11, 2008.
- Neeraj Mahindroo, Ravi Kant Khajuria, Vijay Kumar Kapoor and Kanaya Lal Dhar, 4-Aryl-2,6-dimethyl-3-carboethoxy-5-carbomethoxy-1,4-dihydropyridines useful as therapeutic agents, Indian Patent IN213480, February 8, 2008.
- Neeraj Mahindroo, Ravi Kant Khajuria, Kasturi Lal Bedi, and Kanaya Lal Dhar, 4-Aryl-2,6-dimethyl-3,5-dicarboethoxy-1,4-dihydropyridines and Corresponding hydroxy derivatives. Indian Patent IN0193310 IN 2004DE00037 April 23, 2010.
- Subash Chander Taneja, Surrinder Koul, Neeraj Mahindroo, Ghulam Nabi Qazi, Mayank Ghanshyambhai Dave, Saurabh Jyantibhai Patel, A novel enzymatic process for the preparation of substituted piperidines, Indian Patent IN0193311.
- Shweta Mongia, Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu, Neeraj Mahindroo, Raj Kumar Tiwari, Vinay Chowdary, Arushi Jindal, Om Shri, Kartik Vatsa; HYBRID AQUAPONICS SYSTEM FOR CULTIVATION OF PLANTS; Indian Patent Filling Number, 202011022349, May 28, 2020.
- Samar Vihal, Charul Rathore, Uma Ranjan Lal, Neeraj Mahindroo, Poonam Negi; ANTIPSORIATIC FORMULATION OF NIGELLA SATIVA FOR TOPICAL DELIVERY; Indian Patent Filling Number, 202011006705, February 17, 2020.
- Gaurav Sharma, Devika Rana, Neeraj Mahindroo; ANTIMALARIAL SINGLE HERB EXTRACT OF NICANDRA PHYSALODES AND METHOD THEREOF; Indian Patent Filling Number, 201911002018, January 17, 2019.
- Swati Pundir, Neeraj Mahindroo, Raman Preet Singh, Poonam Negi; ANTI-LEISHMANIASIS EXTRACT FROM ROOT OF ASPARAGUS OFFICINALIS AND METHOD THEREOF; Indian Patent Filling Number, 201811016145, April 28, 2018.
- Swati Pundir, Neeraj Mahindroo, Raman Preet Singh, Poonam Negi; ANTI-LEISHMANIASIS EXTRACT FROM AJUGA BRACTEOSA AND METHOD THEREOF; Indian Patent Filling Number, 201811016144, April 28, 2018.
- Neeraj Mahindroo, Sunil Tomar, Aditi Gupta, Reena Saini, Kanaya Lal Dhar; NOVEL ANTICANCER COMPOUND ISOLATED FROM BRUGMANSIA SUAVEOLENS AND METHOD THEREOF; Indian Patent Application, IN201611040684, November 29, 2016.
- Hsing-Pang Hsieh, Neeraj Mahindroo, Tsu-An Hsu; Chien-Fu Hung, Xin Chen, 'Indole Compounds,' WIPO PCT, WO05056522A2, June 23, 2005.
- Hsing-Pang Hsieh, Neeraj Mahindroo, Tsu-An Hsu; Chien-Fu Hung, Xin Chen, 'Indole Compounds,' European Patent Application, EP1689389, August 16, 2006.
- Hsing-Pang Hsieh, Neeraj Mahindroo, Tsu-An Hsu; Chien-Fu Hung, Xin Chen, 'Indole Compounds,' Chinese Patent Application, CN1886133, December 12, 2006.
- Neeraj Mahindroo (erroneous as Mahendroo), Ravi Kant Khajuria, Kasturi Lal Bedi, Kanaya Lal Dhar and Vijay Kumar Kapoor, PROCESS FOR THE PREPARATION OF 1,4-DIHYDROPYRIDINES AND NOVEL 1,4-DIHYDROPYRIDINES USEFUL AS THERAPEUTIC AGENTS, WIPO PCT, WO03099790A1; US Patent Application, US2003/0230478A1; Australian Patent Application, AU2311623AA.
- Himachal Pradesh State Biodiversity Board, Shimla, “Trade chain, trade pattern and value chain of five TET medicinal plant namely Aconitum hetrophyllum, Saussurea lappa, Inula racemosa, Picrorhiza kurroa, Pistacia integerrima” (HPSBB/F(16)-01/14-3528) Dr. Neeraj Mahindroo (PI), Dr. Umaranjan Lal (Co-PI), Dr. YS Negi (Co-PI). Rs. 250,000 (3/2018-5/2018).
- INMAS-DRDO, “Characterization of licensed biomedical products including hypochlorous acid, ointments for frost bite to enhance shelf life,” Dr. Neeraj Mahindroo (PI), Dr. Deepak Kapoor (Co-PI), Rs. 984,000 (2017-2020)
- Indian Council of Medical Research, “Quality Standards of Indian Medicinal Plants and preparation of monographs thereon” Dr. Neeraj Mahindroo (PI) Rs. 3,834,425 (2016-2019)
- Shoolini University, “Design, Synthesis and Evaluation of Natural product based antimalarials” Dr. Neeraj Mahindroo (PI) Rs. 250,000 (2016-2017).
- Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, “Evaluation of withanolide lactones as immunomodulators to induce granulysin expression in immune cells conferring cytotoxicity towards cancerous cells,” Dr. Reena Saini (PI), Neeraj Mahindroo (Co-PI) Rs. 2,500,000 (2015-2018)
PhD: 6 awarded, guiding two students. Post Graduate: 9 Students.