Papers published in journals: 12 Papers, 2 Patents, 2 Paper Under Review
Papers presented in conferences: 2
Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), BITS-Pilani, Pilani Campus, Pilani, Rajasthan
M. Pharm, B.K. Modi Government Pharmacy College, Rajkot. Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Gujarat, India
B. Pharm, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MCOPS), Manipal Campus. Manipal University (MAHE), Udupi, Karnataka, India
Honours and Achievements:
- CSIR-Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India. (2018-2020)
- DST-Junior Research Fellow by Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi, India. (2016-2018)
- Secured All Indian Rank 101 in National level Examination – 2013, AICTE-Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) Examination
- Secured 3rd rank in National level Examination - 2013 (All India Entrance Examination (ENET) Examination, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka)
- Secured 1st rank in M. Pharm merit list at Delhi state at Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (DIPSAR), New Delhi.)
- Secured 2nd rank in M. Pharm Merit List -2013 at Gujarat Technological University Entrance Examination, Gujarat.
1. Design, development & evaluation of Nano Technology based drug delivery systems,
- Design, development & evaluation of cationic nanoplexes for the delivery for miRNA/small molecules delivery
- Design, development & evaluation of ligand grafted lipo-polymeric nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery
- Design, development & evaluation of ligand grafted hybrid nanoplexes for targeted co-delivery of small molecules and oligonucleotides
- Design, development & evaluation of scalable monolithic lipid-polymer hybrid (LPH) nanoparticles
- Design, development & evaluation of self-assembled drug-lipid conjugates micelles
- Design, development & evaluation of solid lipid nanoparticles (SLP)
2. Design, Synthesis and characterization of Novel multi-functional polymeric carriers
Cationic multi-grafted amphiphilic copolymer for miRNA/ CRISPR-Cas9-RNP delivery
Actively targeted multi-grafted lipo-polymers for delivery of small molecules
Design and synthesis of polymer-drug conjugates for highly soluble drugs
Design and synthesis of novel functionalized cyclic carbonate monomers for polymer synthesis
3. Bioanalytical method development and validation of small molecules and oligonucleotides.
4. In vivo pharmacokinetics (in rat and mice), tissue distribution study, nanoformulation-toxicity study.
5. In vitro cell culture & molecular biological studies: Transfection, endocytic uptake & sub cellular pathway mechanism, flow cytometry, confocal and fluorescence microscopy, western blot, RT-PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis, cytotoxicity, apoptosis, cell cycle, cellular uptake and gene expression
6. Well acquaintance in animal handling like mice and rat.
7. Conducting toxicological studies with clinical biochemical and histological parameters in mice
8. Good knowledge on developmental and evaluation aspects of NDDS (nanoparticles, microparticles, liposomes) and familiar with knowledge of formulation of conventional dosage forms with preformulation studies.
Contribution: Polymer Synthesis, Nanoformulation, In vitro Cellular fate of Nanoformulations, In vivo toxicity and efficacy of developed Nanoformulations
Interests: Biomaterials based miRNA/siRNA/CRISPR-Cas9-RNP/small molecules-based Novel Drug delivery for treatment of several disease.
Deepak Chitkara, Sudeep S. Pukale, Arihant K Singh, Anupama Mittal, Saurabh Sharma. Applicant- Incisive Element LLC., USA A lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticle, PCT, US Patent Application filed on 02 Feb 2020; Application no. PCT/IB2020/050819)
Deepak Chitkara, Deepak K. Sahel, Kishan S. Italiya, Saurabh Sharma, Shruti Saha, Anupama Mittal, A drug conjugate and preparation of thereof. Indian Patent Application filed on 07 May 2019; Application no. 201911018304)
Sudeep S. Pukale, Saurabh Sharma, Arihant K Singh, Manu Dalela; Arihant K Singh; Sujata Mohanty; Anupama Mittal Deepak Chitkara. “Multi-component clobetasol-loaded monolithic lipid- polymer hybrid nanoparticles ameliorates imiquimod-induced psoriasis-like skin inflammation in Swiss albino mice”. Acta Biomaterialia (2020), Impact Factor: 7.2
Saurabh Sharma, Samrat Mazumdar, Kishan S. Italiya, Tushar Date, Ram I. Mahato, Anupama Mittal, and Deepak Chitkara. "Cholesterol and Morpholine grafted cationic Amphiphilic copolymers for miRNA-34a delivery." Molecular pharmaceutics, ACS, 15, no. 6 (2018). Impact Factor: 4.5
Kishan S. Italiya, Samrat Mazumdar, Saurabh Sharma, Deepak Chitkara, Ram I. Mahato, and Anupama Mittal. "Self-assembling lisofylline-fatty acid conjugate for effective treatment of diabetes mellitus." Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine 15, no. 1 (2019): 175-187. Impact Factor: 5.18
Samrat Mazumdar, Kishan S. Italiya, Saurabh Sharma, Deepak Chitkara, and Anupama Mittal. "Effective cellular internalization, cell cycle arrest and improved pharmacokinetics of Tamoxifen by cholesterol based lipopolymeric nanoparticles." International journal of pharmaceutics 543, no. 1-2 (2018): 96-106. Impact Factor: 4.84.
Saurabh Sharma, Sudeep Sudesh Pukale, Deepak K. Sahel, Devesh S. Agarwal, Manu Dalela, Sujata Mohanty, Rajeev Sakhuja, Anupama Mittal, Deepak Chitkara. “Folate targeted cholesterol-grafted lipo-polymeric nanoparticles for chemotherapeutic agent delivery.” Springer, AAPS PharmSciTech (2020) (Accepted), Impact Factor: 2.7
Saurabh Sharma, Sudeep S. Pukale, Anupama Mittal, Deepak Chitkara. “Docetaxel and its nanoformulations: how delivery strategies could impact the therapeutic outcome?” Therapeutic delivery (2020) . Impact Factor: 2.3
Saurabh Sharma, Kishan Italiya, Anupama Mittal, and Deepak Chitkara. "New strategies for cancer management: how can temozolomide carrier modifications improve its delivery? Future Science, Therapeutic delivery (2017): 475-477. Impact Factor: 2.3
Thotakura, Nagarani, Saurabh Sharma, Rajneet Kaur Khurana, Penke Vijaya Babu, Deepak Chitkara, Vipin Kumar, Bhupinder Singh, and Kaisar Raza. "Aspartic acid tagged carbon nanotubols as a tool to deliver docetaxel to breast cancer cells: Reduced hemotoxicity with improved cytotoxicity." Toxicology in Vitro 59 (2019). Impact Factor: 2.95
Harsha, P. J., Nagarani Thotakura, Manish Kumar, Saurabh Sharma, Anupama Mittal, Rajneet Kaur, Khurana, Bhupinder Singh, Poonam Negi, and Kaisar Raza. "A novel PEGylated carbon nanotube conjugated mangiferin: An explorative nanomedicine for brain cancer cells." Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 53 (2019): 101186. Impact Factor: 2.60
Kothari, Ishit R., Samrat Mazumdar, Saurabh Sharma, Kishan Italiya, Anupama Mittal, and Deepak Chitkara. "Docetaxel and alpha-lipoic acid co-loaded nanoparticles for cancer therapy." Therapeutic delivery 10, no. 4 (2019): 227-240. Impact Factor: 2.3
Kishan S. Italiya, Saurabh Sharma, Ishit Kothari, Deepak Chitkara, and Anupama Mittal. "Simultaneous estimation of lisofylline and pentoxifylline in rat plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-photodiode array detector and its application topharmacokinetics in rat." Journal of Chromatography B 1061 (2017): 49-56. Impact Factor: 2.72
Kothari, Ishit R., Kishan S. Italiya, Saurabh Sharma, Anupama Mittal, and Deepak Chitkara. "A rapid and precise liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of alpha lipoic acid and docetaxel in lipid-based Nanoformulations." Journal of chromatographic science 56, no. 10 (2018): 888-894. Impact Factor: 1.26
Advancements in Polymeric Systems for Nucleic Acid Delivery”. Molecular Medicines for Cancer: Concepts and Applications of Nanotechnology. CRC Press (2019), Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
Professional Memberships/Fellowship: Dummy text