Dr. Aswani RS
Awards and Grants
Academic Excellence Award- UPES, 2022
Excellence in Journalism, 2015
Best M.Phil. Dissertation, 2014
Gold Medalist in Under Graduation, 2009
- Can Offshore Wind Energy Bridge Geopolitical Asymmetry through Cooperative Sustainable Development in South China Sea? Asian Journal of Political Science. Routledge. 2023. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02185377.2023.2227162 [ABDC- B, SCOPUS| ESCI]
- Techno-economic and environmental assessment to mitigating climate change and building energy security: a study on Willingdon Island. International Journal of Sustainable Energy. Taylor and Francis. IF: 0.58 https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14786451.2022.2119973
- Can Offshore Wind Energy lead to Sustainable and Secure South China Sea? Energy and Environment. SAGE. IF 2.95. [ABDC- C, SCOPUS] https://doi.org/10.1177/0958305X221125133
- Renewable Energy and Transitioning towards Sustainable Tourism: Inferences from Kernel Density and Non-parametric Approach. Renewable Energy. ELSEVIER. IF 8.1 193. (5, May, 2022). 963-975. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2022.04.132
- Realigning India’s Vietnam Policy through Cooperative Sustainable Development: A Geostrategic Counterbalancing to China in Indo-Pacific. East Asia. Springer Netherlands. July 2021. IF 0.88 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12140-021-09371-0
- Is geopolitics a threat for Offshore Wind Energy: A Case of Indian Ocean Region. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. Springer Nature. Jan 2021. IF: 4.56 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11356-021-12779-z
- Non-traditional Maritime Security Challenges in the Indian Ocean Region: Policy Alternatives. Journal of Public Affairs. 22 (2) Sep 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2456
- Political challenges for India in the Indian Ocean Region: The Need for Confidence Building Measures. South Asian Journal of Socio-Political Studies. Vol. XX, Issue.2, January-June, 2019. 11-16. ISSN 0972- 4613.
- Maritime Terror Threats in Indian Ocean Region: The Need for Safety Interventions. Southern Economist. Vol.58, Issue.1, May, 2019. 13-17. ISSN 0038-4046.
- Climate Change Impact, Vulnerability and Mitigation in the Indian Ocean Region: Policy Suggestions. In Kaushik, Anubha, Kaushik, C. P., Attri, SD (Ed.). Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability Approaches: Global Lessons and local Challenges. SPRINGER NATURE: Singapore. DOI : 10.1007/978-981-16-0902-2.
- Sustainability of Biofuels: The Dynamic Nexus between CO2 Emissions and Bioenergy Consumption in OECD Countries. In Kaushik, Anubha, Kaushik, C. P., Attri, SD (Ed.). Climate Resilience and Environmental Sustainability Approaches: Global Lessons and local Challenges. SPRINGER NATURE: Singapore. DOI : 10.1007/978-981-16-0902-2.
- The Indian Ocean Region and India’s Act East Policy: Maritime Challenges for India in the 21st Century. In Josukutty C.A. (Ed.). India's Act East Policy. New Century Publications: New Delhi. 2020.
- Domino effect of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Food Security and Oceanic Acidification. In Bhat, Roy, Bhatt (Ed.), Energy Economics and the Environment Conservation, Preservation and Sustainability. Sage India: New Delhi. 2020.
- Maritime Security: Global Repercussions of Emerging Terror Threats in Indian Ocean Region. In. Suresh R. (Ed.), India’s National Security: A Maritime Security Perspective. (pp. 134-141). VIJ Books India Pvt. Ltd: New Delhi. 2019.
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Invited by the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam to speak during the 10th Ocean Dialogue on the topic: Green Energy from Blue Waters: Renewable Revolution in the South China Sea, which provided policy recommendations for the development of offshore renewable energy in the Indo-Pacific. Ocean Dialogue is an essential platform for policymakers, researchers, and industry leaders to come together and collaborate on solutions that will safeguard the health and well-being of our planet's oceans in March 2023.
- Invited talk on Why Politics Matter for Business, Lecture for MBA Students at Sanskrithi Group of Institutions, Andhra Pradesh in 2022.
- Invited lecture on Indian Ocean Politics, Foreign Policy Research Centre, New Delhi available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2dW2Tfg50&t=3025s . 2022 June
- Invited talk on Russia-Ukraine War and Geopolitical Crisis during the Intercontinental Conclave, Jaipuria Institute of Management in 2021.
- Invited talk on Global Goals and Inclusive Development, at the Francis College for Women, Hyderabad in 2021.
- Invited talk on Maritime Security of India in the 21st Century: Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges at MIDS (Madras Institute of Development Studies) in July 2019.
- Presented a paper titled, India’s Changing Perspectives towards Climate Change Mitigation: The Impact of Nontraditional Maritime Security Threats at the International Conference on Political Economy of Climate Change, organized by the Association of Asian Scholars, New Delhi from 25-27 November 2021.
- Presented a paper titled, Climate Change Impact, Vulnerability and Mitigation in the Indian Ocean Region: Policy Suggestions at the International Conference on Knowledge and Policy for Sustainable Development: Global Lessons and Local Challenges, organized by Directorate of International Affairs, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi from 25-27 September 2019.
- Presented a paper titled, Maritime Dimensions of Act East Policy during the National Seminar organized by Ministry of External Affairs at the University of Kerala, November 13-14, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled, The Indian Ocean Region and India’s Act East Policy: Maritime Challenges for India in the 21st Century during the three-day International Seminar at Trivandrum on 8-10 February 2018.
Completed International Professional Development Workshop on Alternative Paradigm in Economy: Coping Inequality, Promoting Social Change, organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi (India) in collaboration with Institute for New Economic Thinking, New York (USA) on 23-24 September 2019.