Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Senior Associate Professor (DOJ-29-12-2009, Regular)
B.Sc(H) Chemistry, Delhi University, Delhi
M.Sc Chemistry, Delhi University, Delhi
Ph.D, Applied Chemistry, GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi
Area of Specialization:
Synthesis of Nanomaterial, Polymer composite, organic synthesis, Magnetic material
Research & Publications:
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal, Uttam Kumar Mandal and R. K. Kotnala, “Influence of Processing Methodology on Magnetic Behavior of Multicomponent Ferrite Nanocrystals”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, DOI: 10.1021/jp911586d.
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal, Uttam Kumar Mandal and R. K. Kotnala “Synthesis of nanocrystalline Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 ferrite and study of their magnetic behavior at different temperatures”, Materials Science and Engineering B, 166, 2010, 76.
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal, Uttam Kumar Mandal and R. K. Kotnala “Bimodal Co0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4/ PANI nanocomposites: synthesis, formation Mechanism and magnetic properties”, Composite Science and Technology, doi:10.1016/j.compscitech.2009.10.014.
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh & Saroj Aggarwal & Uttam Kumar Mandal, Synthesis of 1-dimensional polyaniline nanofibers by reverse microemulsion, Colloid Polym Sci, doi: 10.1007/s00396-009-2078-0.
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal and Uttam Kumar Mandal, Synthesis of polyaniline nanostructures via reverse micromeulsion technique, Soft Materials, 7: 150–163, (2009).
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal, Uttam Kumar Mandal and R. K. Kotnala, “Monodisperse Co, Zn – Ferrite Nanocrystals: Controlled Synthesis, Characterization and Magnetic Properties”, published in Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Material (2012)
- Sanjeev Kumar and Sapna Jain “History, introduction and kinetics of ion exchange materials” published in Journal of chemistry, Volume 2013, Article ID 957647, (2013)
- Sanjeev Kumarand Sapna Jain “One step synthesis of superparamagnetic Fe3O4@PANI nanocomposites” Journal of chemistry (2013), volume 2013
- Sanjeev Kumar et.al. “All Solid State Chromium (III) Selective Potentiometric Sensor Based on 2-(1-(2-((3-(2-Hydroxyphenyl)-1Hpyrozol-1-yl) methyl) benzyl)-1H-pyrazol-3-yl) phenol”, Electroanalysis, 26, 1-8 (2014)
- Sanjeev Kumar et.al. “Synthesis, characterization and magnetic properties of monodisperse Ni, Zn-ferrite nanocrystals, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 379, 50-57, (2015).
- Sanjeev Kumaret. al “Nanocrystalline Co0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4 ferrite: Synthesis, characterization and study of their magnetic behavior at different temperatures,Inorganica Chimica Acta, 428, 21-26, (2015)
- Sanjeev Kumar et. al Synthesis, Characterization, and Formation Mechanism Nanoparticles and Rods of 1,5-Bis(2-Halophenyl)Penta-1,4-Dien-3-OneJournal of Nano materials and Molecular Nanotechnology, 4(5), Nov-2015
- Sanjeev Kumaret al. Photocatalytic Activity of PANI/Fe0 doped BiOCl under Visible Light-Degradation of Congo red Dye, Journal of photochemistry and photobiology A: chemistry (2016)
- Sanjeev Kumar et al. Epigrammatic status and perspective of sequestration of carbon dioxide: Role of TiO2 as photocatalyst, Solar Energy, 159, 2018
- Study of oxidation behavior of Jatropha oil methyl esters and Karanja oil methyl esters blends with EURO-IV high speed diesel, Renewable energy focus, 2018
- Sanjeev Kumar et al Synthesis of ZnO Nanoparticle and its Application in Catalytic Hydrolysis of p-Acetoxynitrobenzene, International journal of nanoscience
- A Review on Jatropha Curcas Derived Biodiesel for Economic and Sustainable Development, International Journal on Emerging Technologies 11(3): 2020
- Strategy for repurposing of disposed PPE kits by production of biofuel: Pressing priority amidst COVID-19 pandemic, Biofuels, 2020
- Nanocatalysts: Applications in synthesis of chalcones–a review, Synthetic Communication, 2020
Publication in Conferences
- Sanjeev Kumar, Vaishali Singh, Saroj Aggarwal and Uttam Kumar Mandal; “Microemulsion based synthesis of Superparamagnetic Fe3O4/ Polyaniline nanocomposites” published in Advances in Chemical Engineering 2009, organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab).
- Sanjeev Kumar et al The study of Zn substitution on magnetic Properties of Ni-Ferrite Nanocrystals Published in National conference in University school of Chemical technology (Oral Presentation)
- Catalysis, Semiconductors, Synthesis of coupled semiconductor for CO2 sequestration
- Use of nanoparticles in energy studies and fuels.
- Electrical, Magnetic, and Structural Properties of Nano Materials.
- Development of simple, mild and efficient route to control the architectures and compositions of nanoferrites.
- Study of effect of size and composition on the magnetic behavior of different ferrite nanocrystals.
- Effect of temperature and composition on the magnetic properties of ferrite nanocrystals.
- Gaining control on the size and morphology of various conducting polymer nanoparticles via environment friendly and low cost processes with unique electronic properties.
- Fabrication of new type of multifunctional nanocomposites with controllable shapes, sizes and assemblages with new and tunable properties combining the advantages of inorganic materials and organic polymers.
Studying the effect of synergetic behavior of multicomponent ferrite nanoparticles on their magnetic and electronic properties.