UPESEAT (UPES Engineerng Aptitude Test)
UPESEAT is the Aptitude test conducted by the UPES for admissions to the engineering courses at the University. Candidates may apply online or offine. Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria before applying. Avail the complete details of theUPESEAT 2014 from Application Form, Test Pattern, Important Dates, Result and Counselling below.
Commonly called as: UPESEAT
Exam Type: UG Entrance Exam
Exam Category: University Level
Conducting Institute: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
About UPESEAT: UPESEAT is the Common Entrance Test conducted by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies for admissions to the degree courses in engineering in the University.
UPESEAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
1. Admission through UPESEAT 2014 (80% seats)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 60% marks.
- The candidate must have obtained an aggregate of at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2. Admission through Board Merit/JEE (20% seats)
1. Board Merit:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 80% marks.
- Candidates must have obtained an aggregate of at least 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2. JEE Main 2014:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- They must have scored a JEE All India Rank within two lakhs
- A JEE Main 2014 minimum score of 113 is mandatory for eligibility.
Age Limit: The candidates must be born on or after October 01, 1992.
UPESEAT 2014 Selection Procedure:
The selection procedure is based on the score of the candidate in the UPESEAT followed by central counselling.
UPESEAT 2014 Paper Pattern:
The exam will have five sections:
- Physics: 50 questions
- Chemistry: 50 questions
- Maths: 50 questions
- English Language Comprehension: 30 questions
- Current Affairs Awareness: 20 questions
Total: 200 questions
UPESEAT 2014 Application process:
- Offline: Candidates can apply online on the UPES Website and pay using Debit/Credit Cards or Net Banking
- Online: Candidates must purchase the prospectus and application form from the admissions centres at Ahmedabad / Chandigarh/ Cochin / Coimbatore / Delhi / Dehradun / Hyderabad / Kolkata / Mumbai.
The filled form along with the application fee must reach the office before the last date.
UPESEAT 2014 Application Fees: Rs.1750 for paying in cash and Rs.1850 for paying online or by DD
Application fee can be paid via: By card (online payment), in cash or in DD drawn in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payable at New Delhi / Dehradun along with request letter.
UPESEAT 2014 Exam Centres: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Varanasi, Vishakhapatnam, Shillong, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Cochin
UPESEAT 2014 Important Dates:
- Start sale of prospectus fo UPESEAT 2014: Already available
- Last date for receipt of application UPESEAT 2014: May 9, 2014
- Admit Card Download: May 17, 2014
- Test Date: May 24, 2014
- Expected date of result UPESEAT 2014: June First Week, 2014
UPESEAT 2014 Result: June 2014 tentatively
UPESEAT 2014 Counselling Process:
- The UPESEAT 2014 Counselling Processis a centralized process with 80% of the seats for qualified UPESEAT 2014 candidates and the remaining 20% through Board Merit or JEE Main 2014 scores as specified.
- Candidates have to attend the UPESEAT 2014 Counselling Process in person with original certificates for document verification.
UPESEAT 2014 Participating Institutes: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES)
Bidholi Campus Office Energy Acres,
P.O. Bidholi Via-Prem Nagar
Tel : 2776201,2776061,2776053,6054, 2776095, 2102691
Fax : 0135-2776090