Duration of Program 4 years (8 Semesters)
Automotive design is a distinctive field that encompasses engineering, creativity, business acumen and safety. An automotive designer is not bounded by automobiles only, they can be a designer for any form of wheeled transportation. This course includes a wide assortment of topics on the related aspects of the transportation sector, energy, and environmental concerns, application of fossil and alternative fuels and development of vehicles of the future. Automotive design engineering is a combination of art and science; a strong aesthetic sense is needed, as well as a solid grounding in the engineering and materials involved in building cars and their component parts. Our program offers something unique wherein, we teach our students to be prepared for their professional career and also be life-long learners. We offer them courses not only for core subjects but also subjects which will ensure they have wholesome development and achieve their full potential.
Co-Delivered Courses by Partner Industries
"To be a forerunner in engineering education by delivering excellent engineering graduates fortified with sound knowledge and integrity, by performing cutting-edge research and by innovating new technologies to benefit the nation and the world at large”
- To develop industry focused engineers with expertise in the areas of oil and gas, energy, infrastructure, transportation, electronics, automotive design and aviation.
- To sustain a strong focus on delivering excellent engineering and science education by providing an exposure to the concurrent research and industry trends and by employing innovative pedagogy tools/ techniques.
- To promote research, technology incubation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing needs of our society and nation.
- To maintain a professional and ethical environment conducive to the intellectual growth of faculty and students, fostering communication, dialogue and sharing of ideas.
- To strengthen our linkages with academic institutes worldwide
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
PEO 2. Graduates will have competency to analyze challenges and advancements in the focus areas of power train, drive train, stability and safety aspects of vehicle engineering.
PEO 3. Graduates will be motivated and confident to pursue advanced education, research and development and other creative efforts in automotive engineering and allied areas.
PEO 4. Graduates will have higher-order thinking and leadership skills to become technology leaders of tomorrow.
PEO 5. Graduates will contribute to the welfare of society and environment by taking sound professional and responsible technical decisions.
PSO 1. Evaluate thermal performance of IC engines under different fuel modes.
PSO 2. Investigate the troubleshooting of automotive systems.
PSO 3. Design and develop automotive systems using modern tools.
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Applied Fluid Mechanics
- Automotive Electrical & Electronics
- Human Values and Ethics
- IC Engines
- Theory of Machines
- Vehicle Technology
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Microprocessor-Based Control Systems
- Automotive Sub System Design
- Heat Transfer
- TQM & Industrial Engineering
- Active learning in Engineering
- a) Integration of classroom demonstrations to aid teaching and learning. Interactive Phase diagram,
b) Integration of simulations into classroom teaching for enhanced learning.
- c) Use ofOvakoSteel Navigator.
- In-house development of customized software tools for engineering analysis and design.
- Combustion Analysis for calculation of adiabatic flame temperature.
- Introduction of 'Innovative Assignment design and transmission portal' for inculcating integrity and self-reliance in students.
- In house developed virtual labs to enhance lab session preparedness.
- Field trips at different levels (Year Wise) to improve exposure to real world problems.
- Induction cum mechanical engineering orientation program.
- Design and Manufacturing based project assignments.
- Practice informed learning through Bosch Centre of Excellence.
- Exposer to hydraulic, pneumatic, sensoric and PLC circuit design through Bosch Centre of Excellence.
- Integrated learning through mechanical, mechatronics and design systems
- Different companies related to automotive sector
- Concern areas like Manufacturing/Energy/Transportation/Defence/Environment
- Various PSU’s
- Higher education like MS/M.Tech/PhD
Our major recruiters come from automotive and research labs such as:
- MARUTI SUZUKI
- HYUNDAI MOTORS
- MAN TRUCKS INDIA
- TATA TECHNOLOGIES
- RANE STEERING SYSTEM
- Royal Enfield
- ASHOK LEYLAND
- UNO MINDA
We guide students to start their career towards higher education in well-reputed National/International Universities/Colleges upon their interest. Some of the major universities where ADE students pursued higher education:
- Deakin University, Melbourne
- ESCP, France
- University of Texas, Arlington
- University of South Wales, England
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Czech Technical University, Prague
- University of Sydney, Australia
- Instituto D’ARTE Applicata E Design, Italy
- Aalto University, Finland
- NIFT, New Delhi
- IIT Ropar
- Indian School of Business
- IISC Bangalore
- HBTU, Kanpur
Department/UPES encourage and provide support for developing their ideas into startups and most of the startup was successful which includes:
- Zero Waste Incorporation- Solid Waste Management
- DESIGNX PVT LTD- Service based company
- Ferrous fitness-work fit studio
- Craftyouneed- Store for handicrafts and handlooms in India
- NRS Chariot Tech Private Ltd-End-to-end solutions for optimized resource usage
- Tread Meal
- Bikers Choice-Authorized dealer for Royal Enfield
- Nite's Owl Restaurant-Restaurant
|S.No||Organization with MOU Signed||Year of MOU||Duration|
|1||Lockheed Martin Corporation||01.12.2014||2 Years|
|2||Indian Oil Corporation Ltd||31.03.2014||5 Years|
|3||Rexroth Bosch Group||25.08.2013||3 years|
|S.No||Organization Support||Laboratory Name||Year of Establishment|
|1||Rexroth Bosch Group||Bosch lab||2013|
Mahindra and Mahindra
|Electrical vehicle lab||2019|
Automotive HR round table
This is one of the initiative of UPES to bring together senior HR leaders and professionals from Indian automobile industry representing marquee companies like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Bajaj Auto, Ashok Leyland, IBM, etc.
and Mathematics) in Class XII
Students actively participate in competitive events such as Solidworks-X-Design, BAJA SAE INDIA, Efficycle (SAE Northern India), SUPRA (SAE INDIA), EFFI-CARS, QUAD TORC, Go-Kart (NKRC) etc.
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPES-EAT)
|Name of Test||Mode of Test||Date of Test||Test Timings||Last Date to Apply|
|UPES-EAT||Online||15-20 June 2021||As per opted Slot||10 June 2021|
JEE Main, SAT & Board Merit
(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th&12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at Senior Secondary level (12th class).
(2) JEE Main cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of JEE Main 2021 results)
(3) SAT Cut off of 50 percentiles and above
(4). Minimum 80% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level and Minimum 80% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s) at Senior Secondary Level
Through Merit Rank / Cut-off Score
# Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Non-Exam category (10% through JEE Mains and 10% through Board Merit). In case of seats following vacant in this category; UPES has the right to fill these through UPES Examination. University also reserves the right to conduct further CBT / Pen Paper / Online test for admission