Duration of Program 2 years (4 Semesters)
*Total Seats in B. Tech (Food Technology)
In this program, a student learns about the basics food preservation and conservation. In this particular specialization, the Design of food process plant, Food plant location, Food plant layout, requirements like water supply, Electricity supply, clean environment and location, Contraction material used, Waste management, cleaning and sanitisation are main course content. The equipment used during food processing, packaging requirement, utensils, standards related to material used in construction of food processing equipment’s, standardisation of food process, arrangements of equipment’s in best possible way. The food processing Industry visit carried out for practical knowledge. Food Industry Trainings are also carried out. Scope and importance of food plant engineering, Processing methods and their requirements, Preservation by drying, Preservation by low temperature, heat treatments, and Food conversion operation. In this a student learns about various techniques and procedures involved in food packaging. This subject helps a student to understand the importance of processing of various kinds of food products. This course covers both practical and theoretical aspects of food industry.
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Government Sector: Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Ministry of Food, Ministry of Food and Family Welfare and Ministry of Agriculture directly related to Food Technology and every year, thousands of posts are advertised. Food Safety and Standards authority of India, State Food Safety departments, Food Corporation of India, Centre and State warehouses, BIS, APEDA, Food Testing laboratories are main Government based jobs providers
- Private Sector: Food sector represents 8 to 10% of total GDP. A lots of MNC and Private manufacturing, marketing and sale companies are there, which offers a good salary package to Food Technology Students e.g. Nestle, Britannia, ITC, Adani Group, Reliance, Danon, Amul etc.
- Entrepreneurship: A food graduate can start his/her own venture and it is possible in low investment. Bakery, confectionary, Dairy, Microbial culture, fruit processing, milling are some of examples of successful businesses.
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPES-EAT)
|Name of Test||Mode of Test||Date of Test||Test Timings||Last Date to Apply|
|UPESEAT||Online||17-19 June 2021||As per opted Slot||12 June 2021|
NEET & Board Merit
(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th&12th)
and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at
Senior Secondary level (12th class).
(2) NEET cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of
NEET 2021 results)
(3) Minimum 80% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level and Minimum 80%
aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s / Biology) at Senior Secondary
Followed by Personal Interview