Partnerships with leading organisations provide a unique model of collaboration between industry and UPES as follows:
- Co-Design: Jointly identify methods to enhance the existing curriculum
- Co-Develop: Develop and design new modules to be incorporated into the curriculum
- Co-Deliver: Modules delivered by subject matter experts from partner industry
- Co-Certify: Co-branded certificate awarded on successful completion of the programme
UPES was the first university in the world to partner with IBM to co-brand 16 cutting-edge specialized programs through joint establishment with the Centre of Information Technology. Presently, IBM-UPES is the largest partnership of this nature in the world for IBM with over 2,000 enrolled students.
UPES and IBM are coming together to launch a series of new, futuristic, Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) courses which are industry-aligned. The courseware is being redesigned and a new delivery mechanism is being put in place to enable the students to learn industry-relevant skill sets. As a part of the agreement, UPES and IBM India will partner to upskill students by introducing ‘B.Tech. in IT courses’ on the technologies which are most in demand and the emerging growth industries of Oil & Gas, Retail, Healthcare and Insurance. In addition, the courses will focus on addressing the skills demand for experts in the areas of Open Source Software and Open Standards, with live industry-relevant projects for the students.
|Cyber Security & Forensics||Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology|
|Business Analytics and Optimization||Open Source & Open Standards|
|Banking, Financial Services & Insurance||Graphics & Gaming|
|IoT and Smart Cities||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
|Mobile Application and Development||Manufacturing System|
|E- Commerce||E- Commerce Retail and Automation|
|IT Infrastructure||Oil & Gas Informatics|
|Mobile Computing||Computational Sustainability|
Microsoft collaboration with UPES provides unique courses for students. The collaboration covers interdisciplinary across domains - B. Tech and M. Tech programs in Electrical – Electronics, Computer Science, B. Pharmacy, B.Sc. Nutrition, MBA Analytics, B. Des & M. Des (Design).
Microsoft also launched the AI digital lab at UPES. UPES students will experience best-in-class infrastructure, curriculum and content, access to cloud and AI services as well as developer support. Advancing its commitment to building a future-ready workforce, students’ access to the content of the Intelligent Cloud Hub (ICH) program and certificates will be provided after the completion. Students can participate in regional and national hackathons. UPES faculty will be trained by Microsoft experts. Programs will be taught on Azure software: IoT, AI, and ML, Web Development and Data Sciences. This collaboration with UPES will ramp up institutional setup, along with educator capability, and provide relevant educational choices for students, helping them acquire the skills needed to fill the wide skills gap emerging across India and the global economy.
UPES’ academic collaboration with Oracle is the latest in a series of partnerships it has begun with leading industry giants. Together, Oracle and UPES share the common goal of improving lives through quality, hands-on education which is recognized globally. UPES & Oracle have entered into an exclusive partnership to introduce a Workforce Development Program (WDP) aimed at preparing a new generation of IT specialists to enter the workforce with the most sought-after skills. The specialized WDP programs will be integrated into UPES’ existing BCA and B.Tech. graduate programs, and will provide student and faculty participants with Oracle’s hands-on, digitally-delivered training modules within a structured three-year learning plan. The goal of the new collaboration is to develop skilled Oracle associates in various in-demand fields, including Big Data, Oracle Database, IoT, and Oracle Financials. The WDP program can enable aspiring students to take up an industry-ready university degree course and take their first steps towards global recognition via Oracle training and certification.
With this collaboration, subject matter experts from Oracle can extend support to UPES in designing the digital curriculum, and training the designated faculty, to ensure that up-to-date knowledge is imparted to students pursuing the Oracle specialized programs. Oracle can also provide UPES with access software resources to set up the professional hands-on labs. Students will be awarded the globally-recognized Oracle certification. WDP structured learning plan is an outcome of a series of high-level discussions between Oracle and UPES experts, designed to bridge the gap between academic outcomes and industry expectations.
As a pioneering IT consultancy company, Xebia delivers high-quality services to cover all aspects of digital transformation. UPES joined hands with Xebia in 2016 to launch two new co-branded programs in DevOps and Big Data. Xebia mentors, specializing in Data & AI, Cloud, DevOps, Business Agility, Security, Training & Learning, Software Development, Product Management & Quality Improvement, train the UPES faculty and students.
Leading Indian electric utility company of the Tata Group based in Mumbai, Tata Power has associated with UPES to jointly design and deliver the course curriculum of B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering, B.Tech Electrical Engineering and MBA Power Management. Students benefit from the vast experience of the subject matter experts at Tata Power. In addition to classroom knowledge, students receive the benefit of industry visits at the company locations. As per the terms of this association, expert faculty at UPES also visit various offices of Tata Power to deliver short-term training programs to mid and senior level employees at the company.
Larsen & Tubro Ltd.: Civil Engineering
L&T is an Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company has business interests in basic and heavy engineering, construction, realty, manufacturing of capital goods, information technology, and financial services. The UPES collaboration with the industry giant is in the area of civil engineering and principally gives rise to opportunities for B.Tech. Civil Engineering students, with specialization in Infrastructure Development.
Larsen & Tubro Ltd.: Hydrocarbon Engineering
L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering, a leading company in procurement, fabrication, construction and project management and provider of integrated 'design to build' solutions to large and complex offshore and onshore hydrocarbon projects worldwide, has collaborated with UPES programs in Health Safety and Environment Engineering, Pipeline Engineering and Chemical Engineering, with specialization in process design. The company provides internship and scholarship to six meritorious students of these programs and recruits them. To make these programs contemporary and industry relevant, their course curriculum also involves inputs from L&T Hydrocarbon. Student interns have special access to technically-qualified mentors and guidance by experienced professionals of L&T Hydrocarbon during the course of the program.
The Infosys Oil and Gas practice offers geographic information system (GIS) solutions to capture, manage, store, and extract value from location-based information. GIS-enabled asset and operations management streamline business processes, boost productivity, and reduce costs by up to 50 percent. Infosys collaborates with UPES to contemporize B.Tech. Geo Informatics Engineering program by introducing industry modules and best practices in the field. To make it industry aligned and contemporary, their subject matter experts teach specific course modules to students. They also train the faculty through ‘Faculty Internship Program’ during semester breaks. Student summer interns are placed across Infosys.
Grasim Industries Limited, a flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, ranks amongst the top publicly-listed companies in India. Grasim Industries Limited has introduced cellulosic material research programs and provides exclusive opportunity for UPES students to intern at their state-of-the-art research facilities. Technical experts and scientists from Grasim R& D provide support for designing curriculum and give their expert advice.
Bosch is a leading supplier of technology and services in the areas of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. Bosch in India has the largest development center outside Germany for end-to-end engineering and technology solutions. Exclusive collaboration between UPES ‘Centre of Excellence for Training’ and ‘Research in Automation Technology Centre’ was created to promote knowledge transfer, research and development in the field of Automation Technologies and to improve the technical competence, employability and entrepreneurship of undergraduate and postgraduate students for programs such as Applied Petroleum Engineering, Geo-Science Engineering, Geo-Informatics Engineering, Mechatronics and Electronics.
Cisco’s exclusive collaboration with UPES for B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering programs offers students the opportunities to intern, engage and network and be a part of enthralling conversations with Cisco experts.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
HPCL has joined hands with UPES for a strategic alliance which is the first-of-its-kind alliance with an academic institution. Under this unique partnership, senior officials of HPCL give inputs on the course design and assist in delivery of the curriculum for UPES courses in MBA Oil & Gas Management, B.Tech. Chemical Engineering with specialization in refining and petrochemicals, and M.Tech. Pipeline Engineering. This association helps in making the curriculum more contemporary and industry aligned. HPCL also offers internship opportunity every year to a large number of students. UPES is also a key training partner for HPCL officials, wherein large number of executives at HPCL get trained and certified by UPES.
BSE and UPES have signed an exclusive MoU to provide relevant knowledge to students pursuing education in management. UPES and BSE have identified two compulsory modules in the area of Finance & Accounting and Corporate Finance which are incorporated in the curriculum of the MBA program offered by UPES. BSE experts teach these modules on campus. BSE will provide exclusive software for mock trading to UPES lab for hands-on learning of students. Student internships and live projects will be a part of the program.
Power Sector Skill Council
Power Sector Skill Council (PSSC) has been promoted by the Ministry of Power (MoP), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), and Indian Electrical & Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA) with necessary support by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC). Created with a mandate to facilitate skill development across the Power Industry (covering Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Renewable Energy and Power Equipment Manufacturing), PSSC has been actively engaged in the task to deliver on the objectives with active support of industry stakeholders.
The MoU between Power Sector Skill Council (PSSC) and UPES provides an opportunity for the students of B.Tech. Electrical Engineering, MBA Power Management & M.Tech. Energy Systems to get skilled and certified. The collaboration makes students industry ready and provides them a competitive edge to succeed in the skill-oriented power domain. Through this alliance, PSSC provides a framework to collaborate for designing, developing, and conducting consultative policy dialogue and business research. Faculty training, student internship and research is also provided.
Phillips Carbon Black Limited
Phillips Carbon Black Limited (PCBL), a part of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group, is India's largest carbon black producer in India. The Company has four strategically located state-of-the-art plants at Durgapur, Palej, Kochi and Mundra. PCBL is the first carbon black company in the world to be awarded Carbon Credit under Kyoto Protocol of UNFCC. The Company provides a complete portfolio of products to meet the specific end requirements across Rubber, Plastics, Coatings, Inks, and other niche industries globally.
Aligning itself with the “Skill India Mission”, this agreement provides an opportunity principally to students of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering with specialization in Refinery & petrochemical. The course curriculum is jointly designed and delivered, benefitting students from the vast experience of the subject matter experts at PCBL. In addition to classroom knowledge, students receive the benefit of industry visits, summer internship & campus placement at the company locations.
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Surana and Surana International Attorneys was founded in the year 1971 and is based in Chennai, India. It is one of the biggest law firms in south India. Practice areas include Arbitration, Corporate, Corporate Compliance, Civil & Criminal Litigation, Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate. UPES and Surana & Surana International Attorneys have entered into a strategic alliance for B.B.A., LL.B. (H) - Corporate Laws and B.Com. (LLB) Taxation Law programs wherein Surana & Surana international attorneys will help in curriculum building, course delivery, faculty internship, joint seminars/conferences and student internships. Surana & Surana conducts moots other allied competitions at UPES for law students with the aim of creating opportunities and platforms for discussion, besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing and advocacy.
Global pharmaceutical and biotechnology company Wockhardt Ltd has entered into a strategic alliance with UPES School of Health Sciences to make the UPES B. Pharmacy program more contemporary and industry relevant. This association entails curriculum inputs from Wockhardt experts and delivery of relevant modules of the curriculum by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from Wockhardt. These classroom teachings will be supplemented by site visits of students to Wockhardt plants for better correlation with the real and latest practices in the pharma industry. Under this association, Wockhardt also gives opportunity to students for two-month summer internships at Wockhardt locations across India. Wockhardt also engages with UPES faculty members to train them through a faculty internship program during semester breaks.
The online learning platform allows UPES students to choose from over 3900 + courses, delivered by 190 of the world’s most renowned universities and industry partners such as Google, IBM, BCG, Amazon Web Services, etc. With Coursera’s modular learning approach, UPES students will be able to hone and strengthen their fundamentals and problem-solving skills, acquire industry-ready skills and find better employment opportunities
HERE Technologies is a company focused on digitized location mapping and in-car navigation systems. It specializes in creating living three-dimensional maps that grow upwards, breathing with layers of information and insights. HERE Technologies is actively working in cutting-edge technology areas such as autonomous driving and Internet of Things. It is also providing solutions for logistics and supply chain, urban mobility, and telecommunication industry segments, to name a few.
As part of the MoU, a ‘UPES-HERE Tech Centre of Excellence (COE) for Collaborative Research’ will be set up. UPES shall create a space for COE and allocate students and faculty mentors for collaborative research and product development, whereas HERE Technologies would:
- Provide the real-life problem statements that will be explored in the COE
- Provide online infrastructure needed to test and create Proof of Concepts
- Share the cost of tools, which shall be provided to UPES under the ambit of COE
- Shall collaborate on curriculum development to enrich curriculum in the areas where HERE Technologies has expertise.
UPES will offer enrolment opportunity to HERE Tech team members in M.Tech by Research and Ph.D programs. UPES shall also co-create curriculum, along with HERE Tech Team members, for its existing UG and PG programs.
Few other areas agreed upon by both organizations are:
- Participation in current and new programs, seminars and academic meetings
- Exchange of academic materials and other information
- Special short-term academic programs
As part of a larger global network under the Global University Systems, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies now offers its students a unique and defined opportunity to learn, engage and develop topical skills of Digital marketing on some of the most popular social and digital engines around the world; Facebook, Instagram and Messenger. A space offering knowledge to build businesses, engage your potential customers base to reaching your targeted growth rate via digital understanding of businesses is offered by Facebook Blueprint.
Facebook’s global education and training program that empowers learners and businesses to reach their goals with Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger. Learners around the world who have discovered Blueprint are developing their skills, testing their knowledge, and establishing themselves as experts in Facebook digital marketing.
The students will get practical skills in developing ad campaigns across Facebook, Instagram & Messenger. There are also advanced level courses for those looking for more strategy-based content (case study on Purple and modules on measurement and attribution).
Data Security Council of India
UPES has partnered with Data Security Council of India, a not-for-profit, industry body on data protection in India, setup by NASSCOM. It is committed to making the cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security and privacy. To further its objectives, DSCI engages with governments and their agencies, regulators, industry sectors, industry associations and think-tanks for policy advocacy, thought leadership, capacity building and outreach activities.
As part of the MoA between DSCI & UPES, the following areas for cooperation are listed:
Strengthening further research and innovation in the field of cyber security.
Contributing to the realisation of national goals and strategies of cyber security.
Promoting technology thinking in cyber security and developing security technology community.
Developing skills and capability for cyber security technology development and entrepreneurship.
Creating a conducive ecosystem for translating research into market-ready products.
Incubating innovative cyber security ideas and startups.
Foster co-creating technologies and products with leading industry players and government institutions.
National Institute of Solar Energy
Under Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) following indicative broad areas of cooperation may be expended or curtailed through mutual consultation:
- To work jointly to accelerate, expand and achieve the objective of National Solar Mission through training, skill development and capacity building programs launched by NISE/ UPES and towards better employability, enhanced job creation and entrepreneurship.
- Examine the feasibility of starting certificate/diploma level courses to be run in NISE/ UPES.
- Exchange of experts, faculty members, trainees, and students to participate in various Research & Development capacity building programmes, organised jointly or severally.
- Jointly organize interactive sessions, workshops, refresher courses, roundtables, seminars and conferences, whenever and wherever feasible.
- Permit each other’s faculty, trainees and students’ easy access to Campus, Library, Laboratory, Testing and other facilities.
- Jointly work towards enhancing industry-academia interface and aligning training, capacity building and skill development to meet the industry –specific requirements and for better employability.
- Setting up of Incubation/Innovation/product development centre for RETs. This centre will also focus on incubating/developing business models as well as consultancy in various aspects of Solar Energy Technologies.
- Jointly work on Testing Protocol and Development of R&D projects such as development of technical and quality standards for energy storage in solar rooftop, Electric Vehicles(EVs), Hydrogen Vehicles, testing beds for applications based energy storage technologies, Solar Thermal Technologies, thermal energy storage for different applications, solar/non solar based EV charging stations, performance monitoring of RE technologies, analysis of comparative technologies, evaluation of under development concepts, development of online platforms and web tools for wider dissemination of these technologies.
- Assist each other in “Training the Trainers” Programme, DISCOM officials, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Standardization of Courses and Certification Programmes, etc.
- Jointly work towards enhancing and expending the capacity, facility and infrastructure through resource mobilization and aligning the capacity building, skill development and training programmes by forming national and international alliances and institutional partnerships to seize the opportunities that are expected from International solar Alliance Plans, Programmes and activities in its Member Countries.
GitHub India Private Limited is among the world's leading software development platforms. It is home to an interconnected community of data scientists, app developers, researchers, teachers, and government technocrats who come together to share ideas and collaborate on new developments. With more than 50 million users, 3 million organisations, and over 100 million code repos, GitHub is enabling and accelerating this community to meet developer needs and securing the world’s software together.
As a part of an MoU, GitHub India and UPES will work together to foster Entrepreneurship and Employability in the next generation of software developers enrolled in various departments at UPES. This will be done through collaborative software development, coding, re-using software code and working on professional and enterprise-grade platforms.
The proposed partnership between UPES and GitHub India will be in the following direction.
- GitHub Student Developer Pack: Offers students free access to multiple industry-leading developer tools (100+ Software Development tools).
- GitHub Classroom: A space which allows to can create assignments, collaborate with teaching assistants and invite students in a single course. It helps track and manage assignments on a dashboard and grade work automatically.
- GitHub Campus Program: UPES will be offered a complimentary package of technical tools, training for faculty members and support to grow technical student communities on campus.
- Free access to GitHub Enterprise server and GitHub Enterprise Cloud for every department in the institute as part of the GitHub Campus Program.
- Enable mentorship by global experts to teachers and students on Coding and Open source software development trends and practices.
- Run periodic challenges and Hackathon for students and teachers on relevant themes and problem areas.
Start-ups and Entrepreneurship Development Initiatives:
- Support identified start-ups with access to GitHub
- Enable mentorship by experts to entrepreneurs on Coding and Open source software development trends and practices
- Running Periodic challenges and Hackathon on relevant themes and problem areas
Valles Marineris International Private Limited
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (`MoU') are:
- a) To provide a framework for collaborative activities and for reviewing areas of common interest in the scientific research and experiments
- b) Facilitating the International collaboration in bilateral research and development activities.
- c) Comprehensive program on basic research on summer/winter in Russia and professional activity in aerospace education.
- d) To facilitate the interchange of information, technology and personnel in areas of mutual interest
- e) Joint Research programs with Academia of sciences and scientific community in India and globally to engage with research institutes.
Lakshya Digital Pvt. Ltd
UPES has partnered with Lakshya Digital Pvt. Ltd for mutual collaboration in the fields of Game Design, Graphic Design, and Interaction Design. As part of the MOU between Lakshya Digital & UPES, the following areas for cooperation are listed
- To facilitate Industry-Academia connect in benefit of students’ skill development and industry experience.
- To provide Faculty internships
- Lakshya Digital will approve the Game Design Curriculum at UPES. The curriculum will be reviewed every year to ensure industry sustainability and adaptability.
- Experts from Lakshya Digital shall conduct 3- 4 -day workshops in specialised areas at planned intervals.
- Lakshya Digital would consider internship and recruitment of UPES Gaming students.
- Directorate of Industries, Start-up Uttarakhand:
UPES Council for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (UCIE) is recognized by Department of Industries, Govt. of Uttarakhand, as following:
- Incubator - To assist budding entrepreneurs of the state so that they can commercialize their product/service ideas and/or accelerate their growth.
- Nodal Agency for the State- UCIE has been authorized for first-level screening of the ideas submitted to the government for recognition of start-ups.
- UCIE is working with the Uttarakhand Govt. on UNDP-Centre for Public Policy & Good Governance (CPPGG) projects
- No. of Projects- 18
- Number of faculty members involved – Close to 40, from all the schools of UPES
- Students recruited for the execution of Projects- 64
- District Industries Centre (DIC) Champawat.
UCIE is working with DIC, Champawat (Uttarakhand), under BADP (Border Area Development Program) to promote entrepreneurship in the villages which are located close to the border (within 10 km range).
- PHD Chamber: