Duration of Program 2 years (4 Semesters)
Seats 10 only
The Master's Program in Automation and Robotics Engineering is an interdisciplinary programme composed of mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, aerospace engineering and mechatronics engineering. Robotics is increasingly prominent in a variety of sectors (eg manufacturing, health and remote exploration of hostile environments such as space and the deep sea) and as autonomous and semi-autonomous systems that interact with people physically and socially. It covers important aspects of modern robotics such as autonomous systems, field robotics, artificial intelligence, Machine learning, computer vision, mobile robots, and Rehabilitation robots, embedded systems, modelling and control systems. The program engineers will develop an enhanced skill in the field of dynamics and control technology for complex systems and processes. Over the next decade, robotic assistance will become a reality in almost every field of work and most other aspects of human life. The advanced robots led to a substantial increase in productivity, decision making, increase the efficiency of the system. The program provides top-quality expertise and skills for successful professional careers in research, technology development and design. Hence this degree would help in generating trained and qualified manpower in this area.
DESIGN YOUR OWN DEGREE
UPES’ curriculum framework is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. Along with the core subject, students have the option to choose from subject-focused specialisations. They are also allowed to choose minor/exploratory subject from other schools at UPES that are: School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Law, School of Business, School of Health Sciences, School of Design, School of Modern Media, and School of Liberal Studies.
Further, based on the multifaceted needs of the global workplace and evolving lifestyles, the curriculum offers Signature and Life-Skills courses through School for Life. To round off this learning experience, students are required to do mandatory internships in the social sector, government/public sector, and industry. The combinations available for students to pick and choose from are endless, ensuring both depth and width of knowledge.
- Scholarship of Knowledge - Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge pool.
- Critical Thinking - Analyze complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesizing information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving - Think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill - Extract information through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of modern tools - Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work–Demonstrate collaboration to foster multidisciplinary scientific research, also demonstrate decision-making abilities to achieve common goals.
- Project Management and Finance - Demonstrate knowledge and understanding to manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication - Communicate with the engineering community and with society, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning - Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility - Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning - Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
PSO2: Design and develop robotics systems using modern tools.
|Artificial Intelligence for Robotics||3|
|Kinematics & Dynamics of Robotics||4|
|Mechanics for Automation and Robotics||3|
|Embedded Systems and IoT||4|
|Embedded System and IoT Lab||1|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Lab||1|
|Mechanics and Mechanism Lab||1|
|Robotics Based Industrial Automation||4|
|Image Processing & Machine Vision||4|
|Robotics Control System||3|
|Robotics Based Industrial Automation Lab||1|
|Robot Simulation Lab||1|
|Image Processing & Machine Vision Lab||1|
|Research Project -I||16|
|Research Project -II||16|
|Specialization in Automation|
|Elective 1||Industrial Communication Protocols||3|
|Elective 2||Metaheuristic Approaches in Industrial Automation||3|
|Cyber Physical Systems||3|
|Distributed Control System||3|
|Specialization in Robotics|
|Elective 1||Aerial Robotics||3|
|Bayesian Learning and Kalman Filters||3|
|Elective 2||Deep Learning||3|
|Self Driving Cars||3|
- Hybrid Blending and Online(HBO)
- Active learning in engineering
- Integration of classroom demonstrations to aid teaching and learning
- Integration of simulations into classroom teaching and learning.
- Introduction of 'Innovative Assignment Electrical hardware design and development for inculcating integrity and self-reliance in students.
- Learning of various programming courses like Aurdino, Python etc from IIT Bombay (online mode :Spoken Tutorial, MHRD initiative)
- Different companies related to core electronics and communication sector
- Concern areas like Manufacturing/Designing/Defenses/Planning
- Robotics and Automation industry
- Various PSU’s/Electronics related ministry offices
- Higher education like Ph.D in national and international universities
- International and national research labs
- Consulting companies
Our major recruiters
- Sifty Technology Pvt Ltd
- Cognizant technology solutions
- Birla soft Ltd
- Ledo Learning
- Philips carbon Black (PCBL)
- Smart Joules
- Tata Advance
This program involves several industry interactions to establish relations in several aspects as follows:
|S.no||Organization Support||Laboratory Name||Year of Establishment|
|1||Texas Instruments||TI innovation lab||2019|
|2||Rexroth Bosch Group||Bosch lab||2013|