Duration of Program 2 years (4 Semesters)
Seats 20 only
- Develops highly skilled disaster management experts.
- Helps to apply suitable disaster management policies and techniques in line with local conditions and assist in reducing the losses that impact developing countries in particular.
- Scholarship of Knowledge - Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge pool.
- Critical Thinking - Analyze complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesizing information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving - Think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill - Extract information through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of modern tools - Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work - Demonstrate collaboration to foster multidisciplinary scientific research, also demonstrate decision-making abilities to achieve common goals.
- Project Management and Finance - Demonstrate knowledge and understanding to manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication - Communicate with the engineering community and with society, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning - Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility - Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning - Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
- Design and operation of various firefighting, safety, and environmental monitoring, analysis and control tools
- Develop and apply analytical skills to solve health, fire, safety and environmental problems in industries/ organization.
- Creation and implementation of plan for prevention, mitigation, response and recovery from natural and manmade disaster
- Tech Health Safety and Environment (HSE) with Disaster Management is an industry-focused course offered by UPES. Which provides the opportunity to specialize in the field of disaster management and mitigation. This program has 100 % placement record since its inception.
Our Prominent Recruiters are;
- Reliance Industries Limited
- ABB India
- L & T Hydrocarbon Engineering Limited
- Tata Consulting Engineers
- Vedanta Limited
- Technip FMC
- Britania Industries
- Adani Gas
Employment outlook for candidates possessing M Tech degree in HSE with specialization in Disaster Management are;
- Emergency Management Specialist
- Disaster Monitoring & Analysis Officer
- Emergency Management Training Program Coordinator
- Natural Hazard Program Specialist
- Technological Hazard Program Specialist
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level(10th & 12th)
- B. Tech /BE in Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil/ Industrial Safety/ Petroleum Engineering/ Geo Science Engineering/ Fire Safety Engineering/ Electronics/ Geo Informatics with minimum 60% marks
- Scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month for Students having 70 percentile and above in GATE.
- Students admitted to M. Tech program in the academic session 2020-21 with valid GATE score 70 percentile and above will be considered for scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month during their period of registration with the University.
All Students will also be eligible to avail a grant up to a sum of Rs. 50,000/- towards outcome-based research as per rules & regulations framed for the purpose by the University.
To become eligible for the continuance scholarship in subsequent semesters, the students are required to have
- earned minimum SGPA / CGPA of 8.0 in each semester
- passed every semester examination in the first attempt besides maintaining regular attendance, discipline, exemplary behavior and compliance with all other norms as prescribed by the University from time to time
Disclaimer: Only one category of scholarship can be availed by student, Multiple scholarship to one candidate will not be granted