Duration of Program 2 years (4 Semesters)
Seats 10 only
Unique program that provides an innovative, high-quality learning opportunity in rotating equipment.
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Scholarship of Knowledge - Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge pool.
- Critical Thinking - Analyze complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesizing information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving - Think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill - Extract information through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of modern tools - Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work - Demonstrate collaboration to foster multidisciplinary scientific research, also demonstrate decision-making abilities to achieve common goals.
- Project Management and Finance - Demonstrate knowledge and understanding to manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication - Communicate with the engineering community and with society, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning - Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility - Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning - Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
PSO 2: Apply the knowledge of engineering and specialization to improve the overall performance of existing rotating systems
PSO 3: Explain the key features of any rotating equipment, ensuring the safety and justifying with environmental issues.
- Designing, commissioning and operation and maintenance of various rotating equipment. Wide opportunities in technical development and implementation of rotary equipment associated with oil and gas projects.
- The rotating equipment engineer has got scope in all aspects of the mechanical and aero-mechanical design and testing of starter products used on a variety of diesel and gas turbine engines in the oil and gas, marine, power generation and aircraft industries.
- Job opportunities in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing, overhauling of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, blowers, turbines, etc.
- Scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month for Students having 70 percentile and above in GATE.
- Students admitted to M. Tech program in the academic session 2020-21 with valid GATE score 70 percentile and above will be considered for scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month during their period of registration with the University.
All Students will also be eligible to avail a grant up to a sum of Rs. 50,000/- towards outcome-based research as per rules & regulations framed for the purpose by the University.
To become eligible for the continuance scholarship in subsequent semesters, the students are required to have
- earned minimum SGPA / CGPA of 8.0 in each semester
- passed every semester examination in the first attempt besides maintaining regular attendance, discipline, exemplary behavior and compliance with all other norms as prescribed by the University from time to time
Disclaimer: Only one category of scholarship can be availed by student, Multiple scholarship to one candidate will not be granted