Duration of program 2 Years (4 Semesters)
Total Seats 10
M.Tech Chemical Engineering (Process Design) program enables students to acquire domain knowledge of various processing steps involved in the chemical, petroleum and petrochemical industries. Students in this specialisation learn the essential methods to transform raw materials into finished products in an optimal way. Students pursuing this program are equipped with skills to select an appropriate plant or process design, determine the economic viability, safety, product quality and environmental impact through a rigorous, industry-oriented theoretical and practical curriculum.
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Graduates will develop a sound mathematical and scientific foundation to provide Engineering solutions in Chemical/ Petrochemical areas.
- Graduates will have successful careers in leading Chemical/Petrochemical industries.
- Graduates will interact with leading researchers and academicians of Chemical/ Petrochemical areas, to participate in lifelong learning and R&D.
- Graduates will acquire lateral thinking and leadership skills to become industry leaders.
- Graduates will contribute to the welfare of the society /environment by taking professionally responsible decisions
- Process Development Engineer in Chemical/Steel Plant/Petrochemical/Fertilizer
- Design Engineer for Liquefaction & Gasification
- Process Design Engineer
- Plant Modification Engineer
- Process Plant & Equipment Design Engineer
- R&D Engineer