Duration of Program 2 years (4 Semesters)
Seats 10 only
- Gain strong expertise in onshore infrastructure and a sound background of specialized areas like Offshore Structure/ Management (General)/ Bridge Structure/ Hydraulic Structure.
- Make a career in the areas of structural design and construction, offshore design and construction, oil and gas sector, bridge design, construction management, hydraulic structure design.
- Design all kinds of structures from houses, theatres, sports stadia and hospitals to bridges, oil rigs and offshore structures.
- Work and enrich your knowledge through the internship program to private and government construction companies, design consultant companies and in offshore companies.
- Scholarship of Knowledge - Acquire in-depth knowledge of specific discipline and global perspective, with an ability to discriminate, evaluate, analyze and synthesize existing and new knowledge, and integration of the same for enhancement of knowledge pool.
- Critical Thinking - Analyze complex engineering problems critically, apply independent judgement for synthesizing information to make intellectual and/or creative advances for conducting research in a wider theoretical, practical and policy context.
- Problem Solving - Think laterally and originally, conceptualize and solve engineering problems, evaluate a wide range of potential solutions for those problems and arrive at feasible, optimal solutions after considering public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental factors in the core areas of expertise.
- Research Skill - Extract information through literature survey and experiments, apply appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, design, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, contribute individually/in group(s) to the development of scientific/technological knowledge in one or more domains of engineering.
- Usage of modern tools - Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work - Demonstrate collaboration to foster multidisciplinary scientific research, also demonstrate decision-making abilities to achieve common goals.
- Project Management and Finance - Demonstrate knowledge and understanding to manage projects efficiently in respective disciplines and multidisciplinary environments after consideration of economical and financial factors.
- Communication - Communicate with the engineering community and with society, regarding complex engineering activities confidently and effectively and give and receive clear instructions.
- Life-long Learning - Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning independently, with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to improve knowledge and competence continuously.
- Ethical Practices and Social Responsibility - Acquire professional and intellectual integrity, professional code of conduct, ethics of research and scholarship, consideration of the impact of research outcomes on professional practices and an understanding of responsibility to contribute to the community for sustainable development of society.
- Independent and Reflective Learning - Observe and examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently, and learn from mistakes without depending on external feedback.
- Develop skill in analysis and design of contemporary engineering problems as per specifications and standards.
- Apply engineering tools, instrumentation and software for solving structural engineering problems.
- Knowledge of advance method construction technique for practicing alternatives and cost effective construction materials & methodology.
- To engage graduates for fulfilling societal needs from their learning.
M. Tech. (Structural Engineering with Specialization in Offshore) program provide wider career options in the following areas of Civil Engineering.
- Structural design and construction
- Offshore design and construction
- Oil and gas sector
- Bridge design
- Construction management
- Hydraulic structure design
- Design all kinds of structures from houses, theatres,
- sports stadium, hospitals, etc.
- Various PSU’s & Govt Sectors
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level(10th & 12th)
- B.Tech/BE in Civil Engineering with minimum
60% marks. Or equivalent.
- Scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month for Students having 70 percentile and above in GATE.
- Students admitted to M. Tech program in the academic session 2020-21 with valid GATE score 70 percentile and above will be considered for scholarship @ Rs. 12,400/- per month during their period of registration with the University.
All Students will also be eligible to avail a grant up to a sum of Rs. 50,000/- towards outcome-based research as per rules & regulations framed for the purpose by the University.
To become eligible for the continuance scholarship in subsequent semesters, the students are required to have
- earned minimum SGPA / CGPA of 8.0 in each semester
- passed every semester examination in the first attempt besides maintaining regular attendance, discipline, exemplary behavior and compliance with all other norms as prescribed by the University from time to time
Disclaimer: Only one category of scholarship can be availed by student, Multiple scholarship to one candidate will not be granted