E-Supply Chain Summit
Department of Transportation Management, School of Business (SOB), University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun organized its 2nd Supply Chain Summit on 27th & 28th June 2020.
The theme for the summit was "Supply Chain Post Covid'19- Ramping up the new Normal" and was held on online platform making it first of its kind e- summit throughout UPES hence names as “E – Supply Chain Summit”.
The summit was aligned with National Logistics Day observed every year on 28th of June, a day to recognize and appreciate the importance of the logistics industry in both our national and global economies.
The motive of the event was to take a deeper look into how Innovative Strategies, Technology, and Resource Optimization will help supply chains remain relevant and sustainable in this new normal era.
Our diverse and dynamic group of speakers and panelists provided in-depth insight, as well as, actionable and practical tools of engagement models, methods and mechanisms to cope up against Covid'19 and adjust to "New Normal".
The summit covered various sectors and industries ranging from core logistics and supply chain to aviation, Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Health, Education, Agriculture etc.
The Chief Guest for the event was Mr. Amber Dubey - Joint Secretary - Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt of India, who shared views on the topic “Role of Indian Aviation Industry in addressing current Supply chain issues”
The summit’s Guest of Honor was Dr. Sunil Rai, Vice Chancellor - UPES & Patron - Dr. Githa Heggde, Dean – SoB.
Followed by eminent speakers:
- Adv Vijay Sardana - Delhi High Court, Expert- Techno Legal Matters, Corporate Governance, Innovation Management
Topic: New ordinances and their impact on investments in Supply Chains
- Mr Ajeet Bhandari - Managing Director at Safforn Logitech LLP, India
Topic: Opportunities and Challenges in Supply Chain-Post pandemic
- Mr Amit Punaini - Co-Funder at Truck Suvidha
Topic: IT in Supply Chain
- Dr Akhilesh Gupta - General Manager Logistics, Indian oil Corporation Limited
Topic: Supply Chain of Petroleum Oil- Pre & Post Lockdown
- Dr Vikas Kumar - University of Bristol
Topic: Challenges and Opportunities in the Food Supply Chains amid COVID-19
- Sudarshan Bahl - Management Consultant. Regulatory Affairs. Adjunct Professor at UCSC
Topic: Supply Chain Challenges & Strategies and E-Commerce & Higher Education
- Mr Rajnish Mehta - Executive Director- Corporate Strategy, Planning & Business Development, HPCL
Topic: COVID-19 & Beyond Business Imperatives and Opportunities for downstream Oil Companies
- Saurabh Chandra - Associate Prof. at IIM Indore
Topic: Retail industry after COVID: Impact and way forward
- Ms Kushika Sharma - Women Entrepreneur, Co-Founder, at Dyo - The Organic Village Resort &
Mr. Gaurav Sharma - Chef turned Agripreneur
Topic: Supply Chain Challenges in Organic Farming
- Dr SK Sharma - , GBP University of Agriculture and Technology
Topic: Impact of Covid-19 on food quality and safety.
- Mr Punit Chadha - Regional Head, MGR Fruits PVT LTD, Delhi
Topic: An overview of complete Supply Chain of fresh fruits amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Mr Arvind Sharma - Director: Head of Supply chain procurement and commercial at Fresenius Medical Care
Topic: Impact of COVID-19 on future supply chain KPI’s
We are grateful for the time and effort each speaker took to share their thoughts and experiences at E supply Chain Summit.
Based on the current scenario, their comments were very timely and relevant and we can benefit immediately from the methods/suggestions they proposed during the presentation.
The event is a vision of our convenor, Dr. Neeraj Anand – HoD, DoTM, assisted by co - convenors: Dr. Saurabh Tiwari, Dr, Rupesh Kumar with support of Dr. T B Raju and was well coordinated by Student Convenor : Mr Kartik Khanna, Ms Jyoti Nathani and Mr Biswajeet Mishra along with the support of the finance team, profiling team and anchoring team to run the show beautifully.