25- 27 May, 2020
Faculty Development Programme on “Research Methodology
School of Business, UPES, successfully organised a three-day online Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology from May 25 - May 27, 2020. The research team came up with a unique idea of online FDP amidst COVID 19 lockdown to celebrate the core spirit of UPES, i.e. Learning Never Stops.
The online FDP was attended by more than 200 participants, comprising professors, research scholars and learned corporate professionals from national as well as international universities.
The convener, Dr. Tarun Dhingra, along with his co-conveners Dr. Prayas Sharma, Dr. P.C. Bahuguna, and Dr. Binod Kumar Singh, welcomed the esteemed resource persons and participants.
Dr. Dhingra delivered the inaugural session on ‘Why Research Should be Done and What the Research Paradigm Stands For’. Dr. Githa Heggde, Dean, School of Business, UPES, an accomplished educationist, appreciated the research team. Dr. Sunil Rai, Vice-Chancellor, UPES, stressed that the purpose of research should be to create value for the society.
Key highlights of the FDP:
- Dr. Narendra K Sharma, Professor at Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, elaborated on step-by-step model for identification of a research problem.
- Dr. Rameshwar Dubey, Associate Professor in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France, introduced the classification scheme of manuscript, including conceptual paper, review paper, qualitative study driven and hypothesis driven studies.
- Dr. O.P. Wali, a learned professor at IIFT, Delhi, keenly interested in the areas of technology and innovation management, talked about two types of literature review, traditional and systematic review.
- Dr. Tripti Singh, Department of School of Management Studies, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, emphasized that the entire act of pursuing a research differs greatly from the art of research writing.
- Dr. Rajesh Singh, Professor at Department of Statistics, BHU, gave a presentation on Descriptive Statistics, Formulation and Testing of Hypothesis.
- Dr. Krishna Balodi, Associate Professor with the Strategic Management Area at IIM Lucknow, gave a presentation on Deductive Approach. He said that it is the process of enquiry which helps solve problems.
- Dr. T. Joji Rao, Professor, SoB, UPES, specializing is Finance and Energy Risk Management, threw light on Inductive Approach in research.
- Dr. Neeraj Anand, Professor, SoB, UPES, answered questions such as ‘Why Data Collection is Important’. The session gave an insight on how data is collected, visualized and interpreted.
- The Faculty Development Program was perfectly coordinated and has been well-received by the fraternity. The organising team members, Apurva, Shambhu Sajith and Debashish Roy, diligently handled queries of participants regarding registrations, content and other technicalities and extended their support to make this event a great success.
- The team has been receiving requests to organise more activities like this. The research team expressed their gratitude and commitment to contribute to the area of research and development in future also.