Study overseas and gain a global experience as part of your degree; choose from more than 20 countries and over 50 partner universities.
In today’s ever-evolving work environment, graduates must be equipped with skills to survive and thrive wherever they go. Cultural adaptability, therefore, becomes crucial to succeed in a global milieu. This is why UPES provides its students with an opportunity to spend a semester abroad with its partner universities.
The UPES Student Exchange Program provides students with an opportunity to study and live in a new country to enhance their international experience and develop cross-cultural competencies. UPES has more than 50 partner universities across the world.
Several UPES students have had the opportunity to study as exchange students at coveted institutions such as Coventry University, the UK; Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada; Virginia Commonwealth University, USA; University of Maribor, Slovenia; European Business School, France; Taylor’s University, Malaysia; ECAM-EPMI, France; ENSEM, ECE, Paris and many more.
Some of UPES’ current exchange partners:
- University of Adelaide: The University of Adelaide is consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities. It is located in South Australia and is ranked 108 by QS World Ranking for the year 2022. UPES students can choose the exchange program in various subjects like Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Health Science, and Law. Students can experience semester exchange in the most liveable city in Australia and enjoy the diverse culture as well as beautiful sandy beaches.
- Taipei Medical University (TMU): TMU offers exchange programs to UPES School of Health Science students. TMU, Taiwan (QS subject rank 101-150 in Pharmacy and Pharmacology) is ranked 407 in QS World University Rankings 2022. To enhance students experience in pharmacy education and scientific research, both UPES and TMU will participate in the following activities:
- Exchange of students for a semester
- Exchange of visiting research scholars
- Joint research projects in the field of Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences
- Participation in international conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops and many other activities
- Kyungpook National University (KNU): KNU, located in South Korea, ranks 541-550 in QS World Ranking. UPES students can join the exchange program in KNU for Business, Engineering, and Computer Science. KNU is known as the number one Korean national university and has been a leading research institution with its research papers in the top 1% in Leiden Ranking.
- Taylor’s University: Taylor’s University is ranked 332 in QS 2022 ranking and is the number one private university in Malaysia and Southeast Asia. It is among the top 20 in the world position for Business and Hospitality as per QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021. UPES students can join Taylor’s in the area of Business, Engineering, Computer Science, and Law for exchange activities.
- University of California (UCR), Riverside: UCR, located in the USA, ranks 403 in QS World Ranking and offers Business, Engineering, Computer Science, and Modern Media to UPES exchange students. It is a member of the world’s most prestigious public university system. Over 27 of UCR's academic programs, including the Bourns College of Engineering, are highly ranked nationally, based on peer assessment, student selectivity, financial resources, and other factors.
- University Technology Petronas (UTP): UTP is ranked 414th in the QS World University Rankings 2022. Its campus is located at Bandar Seri Iskandar, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia. UTP offers a wide range of industry-relevant Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology programs for UPES exchange students. It also has 80 laboratories for undergraduate courses and 80 research labs for postgraduate courses, ensuring efficient academic delivery and research development.
- University of Calgary: It is one of the top public universities in Calgary, Canada, with a rank of 235 in QS Global World Rankings 2022. The University of Calgary is among the top six research universities in Canada. UPES students can join the university for Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Law, and Health Science programs as exchange students.
UPES has several other top-ranked partner universities for student exchange. We keep adding more universities to the list every year to provide more semester exchange options to our students.
Criteria to Apply for Semester Exchange Program
- International Partner Institutes students visiting UPES (Incoming Student)
- Should not be an Indian citizen
- Should not have any back papers while applying
- UPES students visiting partner universities (Outgoing Student)
- Should have a minimum CGPA of 7 or above and no back papers
- In case of applying to Coventry University, student should have a score of 8 CGPA or above
- Student should have a valid passport before applying for any Exchange Program
Steps to apply
Choosing your subjects:
UPES offers several courses and subjects to choose from. In order to register for your subject of interest, follow the given steps:
- Visit the academic page of UPES website (upes.ac.in).
- Select the school of your interest.
- Scroll to programs and select your choice.
- Scroll to details and expand curriculum to check the subjects list.
Send your nomination.
- Send the list of your selected subjects to your home university international office.
- Send your nomination to the international office of your home university.
- UPES will notify the list of selected students to the international partners.
- If your nomination is shortlisted, you can apply to UPES with the help of your home university.
We look forward to welcome you on-board.
Steps to apply (Outgoing Students)
Nomination for spring and fall term:
- Select your partner university. Subject based on the credit requirement of your course.
- Fill the form with all necessary requirements: (CV, Statement of Purpose, Transcript, Passport and Subjects).
- DIA will intimate you the interview dates.
- First round of interview will be with the school coordinator of internationalization.
- Shortlisted students will be interviewed by DIA.
- Selected students will be intimated by DIA.
- Selected students will fill the Application Form and the Undertaking Form.
Mark your Calendar:
For Fall Term: Calls open from mid-January to the end of January. The duration of this term is from August to December.
For Winter/Fall Semester:
- Nominations open: 15th January
- Nomination Deadline: 31st April
- Application Deadline: 31st May
For Spring Term: Calls open from mid-September to the end of September. The duration of this term is from January to May.
For Summer/Spring Semester:
- Nominations open: 15th September
- Nomination Deadline: 31st October
- Application Deadline: 15th November