Dr. Awadhesh K. Pandey
Before joining School of Business, UPES Dehradun, Dr. Pandey worked as an Assistant Professor of Statistics at School of Physical Sciences, DIT University Dehradun. Besides, this he was the Research Coordinator at DIT University, Dehradun.
He also worked on DST-sponsored projects as Project Fellow at DST-CIMS, BHU Varanasi, and IIT (ISM), Dhanbad.
As a professor of Statistics, Dr. Pandey’s teaching philosophy revolves around fostering a supportive and engaging learning environment that empowers students to develop a deep understanding of statistical concepts and their practical applications. He believes that effective teaching goes beyond simply imparting knowledge; it involves inspiring and motivating students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners in the field of Statistics.
In my classroom, he strives to create an inclusive and collaborative atmosphere where students feel comfortable asking questions, sharing their ideas, and engaging in discussions. He encourages active participation and seeks to ignite curiosity by relating statistical concepts to real-world examples and practical scenarios by connecting theory with application. His aim is to demonstrate the relevance and importance of Statistics in various domains, such as science, business, and social sciences.
He believes in employing a variety of teaching methods and resources to cater to diverse learning styles. Recognizing that every student is unique and brings their own strengths and challenges, he is dedicated to providing individualized support and guidance. Ultimately, his goal as a professor of Statistics is to instill in students a solid foundation of statistical principles, analytical thinking skills, and a passion for continuous learning. He aspires to prepare them to confidently tackle real-world problems, make informed decisions based on data, and contribute meaningfully to the ever-evolving field of Statistics.
Awards and Grants
Dr. Pandey received financial support from Govt. of India during PhD program.
Member of Society of Applied Mathematics, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad.
IIT (ISM)-JRF fellowship for Ph.D. degree.
IIT (ISM)-SRF fellowship for Ph.D. degree.
Dr Pandey has published several research papers. Some recent publications are as given below:
- Jaiswal, A. K., Singh, G. N. and Pandey, A. K. (2022). Improved procedures for mean estimation under non-response. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 61(12), 12813-12828. [Indexed in SCIE, Q1 Category/Web of Science)]
- Pandey, A. K., Singh, G. N., Bhattacharyya, D., Ali, A. Q., Al-Thubaiti, S. and Yakout, H. A. (2021). Some Classes of Logarithmic-Type Imputation Techniques for Handling Missing Data. Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, 2021, ISSN: 1687-5273 (Online), DOI:https://doi.org/ 1155/2021/8593261. [Indexed in SCIE, Q1 Category/Web of Science)], Dec 2021.
- Pandey, A. K., Usman, M. and Singh, G. N. (2021). Optimality of ratio and regression type estimators using dual of auxiliary variable under nonresponse. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 60(5), 4461-4471. [Indexed in SCIE, Q1 Category/Web of Science)]
- Pandey, A. K., Singh, G. N., Sayed-Ahmed, N. and Abu-Zinadah, H. (2021). Improved estimators for mean estimation in presence of missing information. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 60(6), 5977-5990. [Indexed in SCIE, Q1 Category/Web of Science)]
- Singh, G. N., Jaiswal, A. K. and Pandey, A. K. (2021). Improved imputation methods for missing data in two-occasion successive sampling. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 1-20. [Indexed in SCI-E, Q3 Category/Web of Science)]
- Singh, G. N., Pandey, A. K. and Khetan, M. (2020). Generalized Estimation Procedure in Two-Occasion Rotation Patterns. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences, 1-9. [SCIE, Q3 indexed, WoS]