Assistant Professor, Senior Scale
Dr Soumya Gupta is an experienced nutrition professional and Diabetes educator with a strong academic background and a strong interest in behavioral and policy science and their role in nutrition policy frameworks. She obtained her Bachelor's degree (BSc Hons.) from Banasthali University, Rajasthan, and pursued her Master's degree (M.Sc.) in Foods & Nutrition from GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand. She received her Ph.D. in Human Nutrition from the GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, where she worked on investigating the effect of obesity and its biomarkers on hormonal homeostasis. During her Ph.D., she secured a prestigious UGC-NET JRF/SRF fellowship. She underwent training in Nutrition Research Methods at St. John's Research Institute, Bangalore, in collaboration with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Tufts University, Boston, USA. Her areas of expertise encompass clinical Nutrition and dietetics, public health nutrition, and maternal and child health.
Additionally, she has actively participated in collaborative research projects, resulting in published research papers and presentations at conferences. She also has a proven track record in curriculum designing and mentoring students. Her goal is to contribute to the field of Nutrition by integrating research findings into practical applications and fostering the development of future nutrition professionals.
Awards and Grants
Dr. Soumya has been an active member of the Nutrition Society of India, the Indian Dietetic Association, The Nutrition Society UK, and the World Public Health Nutrition Association. She has presented her research work on national and international forums and has been invited as a resource person by various universities and organizations. List of publications
- Comprehensive report on Exploring Barriers and Facilitators to Preconception Nutrition: A Scoping Review, June 2022.
- Research paper on Ultrasound-Assisted and Microwave-Assisted Extraction, GC-MS Characterization, and Anti-microbial Potential of Freeze-dried L. Camara Flower, Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, 2022; 7465: 1-14. https://doi.org/10.22207/JPAM.16.1.50.
- Research paper on Assessing the diagnostic accuracy of BMI and other adiposity indices with body fat percent as standard in North Indian premenopausal women, International Journal of Agricultural and Statistical Sciences 2018; 14 (2): 469-473.
- Research paper on Nutritional and phytochemical composition of improved varieties of buckwheat grains (Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) in India, International Journal of Basic and Applied Agricultural Research, 2017; Vol. 15 (1&2): 101-105.
- Published article on Price Cap Policy on Coronary Stents and its Unintended Consequences. Spontaneous order. https://bit.ly/3GoiVMZ (2022, Feb 1).