Dr. Khyati Tripathi
- Tripathi, K. (2019). Death anxiety: A psychological perspective. International Journal of Social Sciences Review, 7(2), 283-286.
- Tripathi, K. (2019). ‘If Death was a Person’: Exploring Death Personification in Terminally ill, chronically ill and healthy individuals. International Journal of Social Sciences Review, 7(1), 137-141.
- Tripathi, K., Goldthorpe, M. (2018): ‘Creating Greener Narratives’. PAN: Philosophy, Activism, Nature, 13, 107-110
- Tripathi, K. (2020). Freud, sigmund. In A.Possamai & A.Blasi (Eds.). The SAGE encyclopedia of the sociology of religion (Vol. 1, pp. 309-309). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc. doi:10.4135/9781529714401.n173
- Tripathi, K. (2019). Coping with Death. In Leeming D. (eds.) Encyclopedia of Psychology and Religion. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, doi:10.1007/978-3-642-27771-9_200228-1
- Tripathi, K., Johnstone, A.& Johnson, M. (2019). Managing PhD with a Health Condition. In PsyPAG Guide (2nd Edition). British Psychological Society: London.
SHORT NOTES IN BOOKS
- Tripathi, K. (2012): ‘An Indian Construal of Death and Dying’: a short note. In Psychology, Indian Edition, edited by Robert A. Baron and Girishwar Misra, 306-307.
- Tripathi, K. (2020). The cow in the elevator: An anthropology of wonder, Religion and Society, 10, 192-193.
- Tripathi, K. (2019). Death, ritual and belief: the rhetoric of funerary rites (third edition), Mortality, DOI: 10.1080/13576275.2019.1635577
- Tripathi, K. (2018). Engaging with the dead: exploring changing human beliefs about death, mortality and the human body, Mortality, DOI: 10.1080/13576275.2018.1488681
- Tripathi, K. (2018): ‘Death, Dying and Disposal 13: A Conference Review’. PsyPAG Quarterly, 107, 53-55.
- June 2020. ‘Post-COVID-19 Times: A Reflection’, Published by Discover Society, UK.
- September 2019. ‘Remaining with Death’. Published by The Psychologist, UK (https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/remaining-death)
Papers presented in conferences:
- Presented a paper titled ‘The Pandemic and the Non-Pandemic Bodies: The Indian Context’ at the Twitter Conference on Pandemic, Crisis, and Modern Studies organized by the Centre for Modern Studies, University of York on June 12th, 2020.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘A Play or Purity and Impurity in Hindu Death Rituals’ at the 14th International Conference on the Social Context of Death, Dying and Disposal at the University of Bath, UK from Sep 4th-7th 2019.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘MahaBrahmins and their relationship with Death in Hinduism’ at the Death & Culture Conference at York, UK organized by the Department of Sociology, University of York, UK from Sep 6th-7th 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled ‘Is this My Body?’- A Psychological Analysis of Woman’s Relationship with her Body at the 27th NAOP Conference, 2017 held at IIT Kharagpur, India in December 2017.
- Presented a paper on ‘Fieldwork Experiences’ at the CSC Midlands and Oxford Regional Network Scholar's presentation day symposium held at the University of Nottingham, UK in August 2017.
- Paper titled ‘Effect of Age and Gender on Death Anxiety, Death Acceptance and Coping with Death’ was presented at the European Congress of Psychology held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in July 2017.
- Paper titled ‘Freud and Anthropology: Exploring the ties’ was presented at the PhD Conference held at Birkbeck College, UK in June 2017.
- Paper titled ‘Challenging Field or a Field with Challenges: A Personal Account’ was presented at Indian Anthropological Association’s National Seminar on Negotiating Fieldwork: Unfolding of Institutional Practices and Contemporary Challenges, New Delhi, India in September 2016.
- Presented a paper on ‘Understanding Terrorism’ in an International Seminar on ‘Indian Mind and Societal Concerns: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue’ organized by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi, India in April 2016.
- Paper titled ‘Making Sense of Death’ was presented at the Centenary Conference organized by University of Kolkata, India in October 2015.
- Paper titled ‘Self in the Web of Roles: Understanding how a ‘Besieged Self’ seeks Identity’ was presented at the National Seminar on Social Change in Contemporary India: Psychological Dimensions and Social Response organized by NAOP at Sri Aurobindo College (DU) in Delhi, India in March 2014.
- Paper titled ‘Life as an Experience and Evaluation: Understanding two perspectives in relation to Well- Being through Plath’s story’ was presented at 1st International and 3rd Indian Psychological Science Congress organized by National Association of Psychological Science at Chandigarh, India in February 2014.
- Paper entitled ‘Death Personification’ was presented and awarded the Best Paper award at the National Conference on Indian Psychology organized by Department of Psychology, University of Delhi, India in February 2011.
- Paper entitled ‘Impact of Physical Health on Death Anxiety’ was presented at the 25th Annual PsyPAG Conference held in Sheffield, UK in July 2010.
- Paper entitled ‘Death Anxiety and Religiosity’ was presented at the 20th Annual convention of National Academy of Psychology (NAOP) at JNU, Delhi, India in December 2010.
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing:
Dec 2014- Present Ph.D., Department of Psychology, University of Delhi (PhD Thesis Submitted; Viva awaited)
2014 M.Phil. Social Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi.
2012 M.A. Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Delhi.
2010 BA (Hons.) Psychology from Indraprastha College for Women, University of Delhi.
Honours and Achievements:
Awarded the Commonwealth Split-site PhD Scholarship (2016-17) by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK to spend a year of my PhD at Birkbeck College, University of London.
Awarded Third prize for my paper ‘The Pandemic and the Non-Pandemic Bodies: The Indian Context’ at the Pandemic, Crisis and Modern Studies conference organized by the Centre of Modern Studies, University of York on 12th June 2020.
Appointed as the Ambassador from India for the Association for the Study of Death and Society (ASDS) in December 2019.
Awarded full scholarship to attend the Jewish Studies Summer School to be held in Jerusalem, Israel organized by the Hebrew University and the University of Pennsylvania from 30th June 2019 to 4th July 2019.
Won an award for the Best Project on ‘Environment and Humanities’ at the ACU Summer School held at Bath Spa University, Bath, UK (August 2017).
Shortlisted as one of the fifty candidates across the UK to participate in ‘Emerging International Leaders’ Programme 2017’ at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor, UK. (This story was published as the front-page story on the Birkbeck website).
Paper titled ‘Woman’s Body: A Socio-Cultural and Political Playground’ was awarded the best paper award by Women’s Development Centre (WDC), University of Delhi, India. (March 2016).
Best Paper award for a paper on ‘Death Personification’ at the National Conference on Indian Psychology organized by Department of Psychology, University of Delhi in February 2011.
Received Lala Jugal Kishore Jagdish Prasad Memorial Prize for standing Firstin M.A. (Final) Psychology for the year 2011-2012.
Received Lala Jugal Kishore Jagdish Prasad Memorial Prize for standing First in M.A. (Previous) Psychology for the year 2010-2011.
Received Rai Bahadur Raghunath Sahai Memorial Prize for ‘The Outstanding Student of the College’ for the year 2010-2011.
Received Brijbans Kishore Memorial Prize for highest marks in B.A. (Hons.) PsychologyPart III for the year 2009-2010.
Awarded ‘All Round Best Student of the Department’ award for the year 2009-2010.
Received Smt. Bhagwanti Kapoor Scholarship for securing highest marks in B.A. (Hons.) Psychology Part I and Part II combined.
Awarded the Daya Kapoor Memorial Prize for standing First in Psychology in Part II for the year 2008-2009.
Awarded the Daya Kapoor Memorial Prize for standing First in Psychology in Part I for the year 2007-2008.
Interests: Death Studies, Cultural Studies, Religion Studies
Association for the Study of Death and Society (ASDS) Ambassador for India.
Personal interests: Music and Nature photography