Published and Accepted Papers:
- Singh, P. (2020). "The philosophy of affordances". Philosophical Psychology,33(6),888-892.
- Singh, P. (2020). "Affordance-based Framework of Object Perception in Children’s Pretend Play: A Nonrepresentational Alternative". International Journal of Play.(Accepted)
- Singh, P. (2020). "’India’ in Indiana Jones". The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series.(Accepted)
- Singh, P. (2020). "Amos: Beyond Good and Evil?" The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series.(Accepted)
International and National Conferences, Workshops,Seminars
- Presented paper titled ’Affording Pretend Play: A Situative Analysis from the Perspective of Problem Solving ’ at Conference Pretend Play and E-cognition, organized by Center for Philosophical Psychology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, on 20th September 2019
- Presented poster titled ’An Attempt towards Holistic Theory of Problem Solving through Situated Cognition ’ at Summer School Recent Developments in Situated Cognition :Empirical and Philosophical Investigations, organized by Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany from 23rd to 26th September 2019
- Presented poster titled ’Wide Computationalism and Perceptual Problem Solving’ at conference ACM Symposium on Applied Perception, organized by University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain on 19th September2019.
- Presented poster titled ’Affordances and ill-defined problem solving: A perspective from situated cognition’ at conference EuroCogSci 2019 SITUATED MINDS AND FLEXIBLE COGNITION, organized by Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany, from 2nd to 4th September 2019.
- Presented paper titled ’Problem Solving Approach to Situated Learning in Schools ’ at Conference organized by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) 12 January 2018.
- Presented paper titled ’Intangible Slavery and Career Crisis: An Existential Enquiry’ at PhD Consortium organised Sailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay from 24 to 25 January 2017.
- Presented paper titled ’Evolution of Notion of Work in Western World’ on Research Scholar Day at IIT Kanpur from 21 to 22 August 2016.
- Attended five day orientation program on Research Methodology by Indian Council of Philosophical Research from August 31st to September 4th 2015.
- Attended five day workshop on enhancing research skill at SMVDU, Katra from 16th to 20th February 2015.
- Attended national seminar on ’Diversification-A Tool for Global Competition’ organized by Lal Bahadur Shashtri Institute of Management and Development Studies Lucknow on 31st October
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- PhD, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- MBA University of Lucknow
Honours and Achievements:
- Qualified for National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship in Philosophy in 2016.
- Qualified for National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship in Management in 2012.
- RTG Fellow Award by Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- Got Young Scholar Travel Award to participate in conference on ’Consciousness, Cognition and Culture: Implication for 21st Century’ organized by National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore from 9 to 11 December 2015.
- Honorable Mention in The All India Essay Writing Event 2014 organized by United Nations Information Center for India
- Secured third position in 5 km walk organized on International Women’s Day 2018 by Women’s cell and Team Udghosh’18, IIT Kanpur.
- Won cash award for my speech on ’Wastage of Food Products in India’ at Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur.
- Successfully completed a two semester Elementary Level 1 in German Language with Grade A on April 2018
Interests: Critical Thinking, Western Philosophy, Pop Culture and Philosophy, Existentialism, Philosophy of Technology, Ethical and Moral Philosophy, Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Management, Managerial Ethics,
Personal interests: Science Related Documentaries; Thought Provoking TV Series and Movies; Brooding; Cricket, Tennis; Cultural Trivia; Philosophy