Over the last couple of years, due to the pandemic and subsequent lockdowns, the world literally came to a standstill, but you continued to march steadily towards your goals. You are our Batch of Unstoppables for 2021!
As you enter this new and exciting phase in your life, we shall help you navigate the new education landscape and prepare you better and beyond the domains you want to specialize in.
To ensure your journey at UPES begins with unmatched learning and excitement, we have created a unique and comprehensive Pre-Semester Learning (PSLE) programme.
PSLE encompasses induction, customised teaching and mutually-exclusive learning sessions so that no one misses learning at any stage.
You will be required to complete your registration process online. MyUPES, a unique multi-utility student portal, will give you access to everything you need for your journey at UPES.
Among many other features on the portal, MyUPES will be a single window for:
- Virtual Classroom (This is the gateway for all online classes, including Pre-Semester Learning modules)
- UPES student email account
- Free access to 3900+ global courses on Coursera
- Introduction to student clubs and registration access
- Connecting with classmates
- Meeting assigned mentor
- Access to SAP portal for records on attendance, performance and other resources
- Access to e-library and free 24X7 counselling helpline for emotional well-being
This three-week programme includes exciting online immersive workshops, inspiring masterclasses, exploratory projects, CEO Talks, and personalized mentoring sessions as per students’ needs.
There will be interesting and engaging workshops that will stimulate your creativity and thought process. There will be insights on collaborating and coordinating across teams, interactions with industry leaders, faculty and UPES alumni, besides some fun ice-breaking sessions.
Through PSLE, the intent is to sensitise you to the world of creative practices, generate curiosity and make your learning process immersive, yet enjoyable.
The online classes shall begin from September and this will vary for schools and disciplines as per UGC guidelines.
Till you are back on the campus, there will be online learning via virtual classroom, blended learning mode, virtual labs and exciting engagement activities.
The university is committed to your safety and looks forward to welcoming you on campus.
Pre Semester Learning Experience
Edge of Tomorrow
School of Engineering
- Learn about the exciting capabilities of science
- Interact with intellectuals known for creating engineering marvels
Students will get a glimpse into the future of engineering in the company of eminent pioneers from the industry, notable alumni, and award-winning faculty. They will get the opportunity to participate in events such as treasure hunts, decode the world with ‘Science & Sense’, and also experience ‘A Day without Science’.
Making the world Smart
School of Computer Science
- Connect with the academic fraternity and the future scholars
- Participate in engaging events such as mentor interactions and start-up workshops
Eminent speakers, including Dr. Gautam Shroff, Vice-President and Chief Scientist, TCS, and Dr. Gargi Das Gupta, Director, IBM Research India, will impart valuable lessons to students. Several workshops on IT solutions for social issues and start-ups as well as interactions with the Dean-School of Computer Science, mentor and alumni will make for an enriching learning experience for students.
The Future is Present
School of Design
- Master the art of creative problem-solving through design
- Engage in stimulating conversations with thought leaders
Students will step into the world of design beginning with a virtual tour of the campus, followed by thought-provoking discussions with the faculty and industry mavens such as Dhimant Vyas, Title Animator of feature film ‘Taare Zameen Par,’ and Reboni Saha, Founder of Mozaic Design, Goa.
Going Beyond the Obvious
School of Business
- Learn 21st century skills such as Personal Branding and Storytelling
- Network with business gurus through workshops and panel discussions
Students will experience contemporary pedagogy through sessions such as ‘Classroom to C-Suite,’ covering the key elements of management studies, ‘The Business Class’ with the faculty, and ‘Tea at Taj,’ in which Brig. G.S Sisodia, who led the NSG team during 26/11 operation at Taj, Mumbai, will impart leadership lessons about overcoming extreme challenges.
Codification of Purpose
School of Law
- Gain the emerging skill sets required in a future legal professional
- Learn from the leading legal luminaries
Along with the core knowledge of law, students will develop an appreciation of the new demands of the field. They will be sensitised to the culture of UPES and will be encouraged to participate in sessions and workshops conducted by legal experts and experienced faculty.
The Digital Clubhouse
School of Modern Media
- Stride towards becoming a skilled digital media professional
- Interact with leading journalists and media bigwigs
Students will experience an industry-ready pedagogy with a global digital focus. From ‘Coffee with the Vice-Chancellor’ to ‘Catch-up with the Dean’, they will acquaint themselves with life at UPES. Students will get the opportunity to participate in practical learning sessions such as Digital Branding, Satire and Audience Building, Meme Making as well as Digital Storytelling.
Role of Health care Professionals in 21st Century
School of Health Sciences
- Acquire the competencies for providing effective health solutions
- Develop a broad perspective through sessions led by leaders
From the best practices for success in the field to the resilience of overcoming the challenges of the interconnected world, students will have a fulfilling learning experience. They will also get to participate in fun, yet insightful activities such as ‘Amazing Scientists’, ‘Guess the Gibberish’, and sessions on storytelling.