B.Tech. Aerospace Engineering - AVIONICS
The B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program by UPES is a comprehensive course that aims to produce industry-ready professionals in the field of avionics, space technology and defence technology. The program is taught by experienced faculty from nationally recognized institutions and foreign universities. The course is an amalgamation of aeronautical engineering and three specializations - space technology, avionics, and defence technology.
The avionics specialization of the program focuses on the fundamentals of electromagnetic waves, microwaves and radar with an emphasis on their application to communication, navigation and control of aircraft and satellite systems. The curriculum includes courses such as microwaves and radar engineering, navigation guidance and control, and avionics system design. Students learn to design and develop avionics systems that are used for navigation, communication, and control of aircraft and spacecraft.
The B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program is designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue careers in the aerospace industry. The course includes a mix of theoretical and practical learning, with students gaining hands-on experience through industry internships and projects. Upon completion of the program, graduates can find employment in the aviation industry, space research organizations, defence organizations, and government agencies.
- The B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program offers a strong foundation in Aerospace Engineering by covering fundamental topics such as flight mechanics, aerodynamics, propulsion systems, structures, and materials science.
- The program focuses on imparting knowledge on how to design and analyse aerospace systems using CAD tools and principles of engineering design.
- The students will have hands-on experience in laboratory exercises such as wind tunnel testing, flight simulations, and structural analysis that help them apply theoretical concepts in practical situations.
- The B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program provides students with opportunities to work on internships and projects with industry partners to gain practical experience and develop professional networks.
- Graduates of this program can pursue a variety of career paths in the aviation and aerospace industries, including aircraft and spacecraft design, avionics systems engineering, or research and development.
- Students can choose elective courses that allow them to specialize in specific areas of aerospace engineering such as space systems engineering, avionics, or unmanned aerial systems.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) is promising due to the growing demand for avionics engineers in various industries. The aerospace industry, in particular, is seeing a rise in demand for avionics engineers due to the increasing adoption of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and the need for advanced navigation and communication systems in aircraft. Additionally, the growth of the automotive industry will also require avionics engineers to design and develop autonomous vehicles and electric propulsion systems. Renewable energy and nuclear industries are other sectors where avionics engineers can play a role in the development of wind turbines, solar-powered aircraft, and instrumentation and control systems for nuclear power plants. Avionics engineers can also work in the civil, naval, and PSUs/R&D Labs sectors, developing and improving electronic systems for various applications, including transportation, defence, and research.
The B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program provides graduates with a range of career options in the industry. Career options offer diverse opportunities for students to specialize in various aspects of the aerospace industry. With B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) degree, graduates can pursue a rewarding career in the aerospace industry, working on the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
Some of the roles that B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) graduates can take up include:
- Aircraft Designer
- Satellite Systems Engineer
- Propulsion Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Spacecraft Systems Engineer
- Avionics Engineer
- Aircraft Performance Engineer
The B. Tech Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program aims to produce proficient professionals by imparting training in various fields related to defence technology, space technology, and avionics. The program is supported by knowledgeable faculty from renowned national and international institutions. The B. Tech Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) program has witnessed recruitment by well-known organizations, including Airbus, Boeing India Private Limited, United Airlines, TATA Advanced Systems Limited, and more. The highest package offered for the program was Rs. 10 lakhs per annum, and the average package was Rs. 4.82 lakhs per annum. Over the past five years, the program has achieved a 100% placement record.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
The minimum eligibility criteria for B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) is: Minimum 50% marks in Class X and XII with 50% in PCM in Class XII.
The process of selection criteria for students interested in pursuing B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering (Avionics) is based on the individual's performance in UPESEAT / JEE / Board Merit / SAT/ CUET