B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering - ENERGY SYSTEMS AND STORAGE
The B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program offered by UPES School of Advanced Engineering is a cutting-edge course designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the rapidly evolving field of energy systems and storage, with a particular focus on petroleum engineering applications. The program provides a comprehensive understanding of the energy industry, emphasizing the exploration, production, processing, and storage of petroleum resources.
Through a mix of theoretical lectures, practical hands-on experience, and industry exposure, students gain expertise in various aspects of energy systems and storage technologies. They learn about reservoir engineering, drilling techniques, reservoir simulation, and enhanced oil recovery methods. Additionally, the program delves into the emerging trends of renewable energy systems, smart grid technologies, energy storage solutions, and sustainable energy practices.
UPES School of Advanced Engineering offers state-of-the-art facilities and collaborates with leading organizations in the energy sector to provide students with real-world insights and opportunities. Graduates from this program are well-prepared to pursue diverse career paths in the petroleum industry, renewable energy sector, energy consulting, and research domains. With a strong focus on industry-relevant skills and sustainable energy practices, B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) from UPES is an ideal choice for those looking to make a significant impact in the energy sector.
- B.Tech. in Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program focuses on meeting global energy demands while adhering to net-zero carbon emission policies. Graduates gain expertise in utilizing energy efficiently and sustainably through in-depth knowledge of renewable energy technologies, energy policies, sustainability engineering, waste-to-energy, and hydrogen energy.
- The B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program equips students with practical skills to address energy challenges, emphasizing problem-solving in energy storage and utilization. This hands-on approach ensures graduates are prepared to tackle real-world energy issues effectively.
- Students gain a comprehensive understanding of environmentally friendly energy practices, enabling them to contribute to a greener future and make a positive impact on the planet's well-being.
- The curriculum delves into cutting-edge advancements in energy systems, keeping students updated with the latest technologies and industry trends, thus fostering innovation and adaptability.
- By blending theoretical knowledge with practical applications, the program nurtures well-rounded professionals capable of devising cost-effective and sustainable energy solutions for various industries and sectors.
- The program is tailored to meet the evolving needs of the energy sector, producing graduates who are well-equipped to lead and drive positive changes in the energy landscape while balancing economic and environmental considerations.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of the B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program appears promising and dynamic. Petroleum engineers are expected to play a crucial role in developing Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage (CCUS) technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Environmental sustainability and safety will be paramount, leading to a focus on minimizing the impact of oil and gas activities. Energy transition efforts will drive the need for petroleum engineers to adapt their skills accordingly. Additionally, international energy market dynamics and geopolitical factors will significantly influence decision-making processes, as global energy demand and oil price fluctuations continue to shape the petroleum industry. Overall, the program offers opportunities to contribute to cutting-edge developments and address critical challenges in the energy sector.
The B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program by UPES School of Advanced Engineering equips students with a comprehensive skill set, making them ideal candidates for diverse roles within the industry. Graduates can pursue careers as Reservoir Engineers, responsible for optimizing oil and gas recovery; Drilling Engineers, involved in designing and implementing drilling operations; Production Engineers, overseeing efficient hydrocarbon extraction; Process Engineers, managing refining and processing operations; and Pipeline Engineers, ensuring safe and effective transportation of petroleum products. With this specialized degree, students are well-prepared to contribute significantly to the ever-evolving energy sector and its crucial role in shaping the future of sustainable energy systems and storage.
The B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program offered by UPES School of Advanced Engineering provides graduates with excellent placement opportunities in the energy sector. With a comprehensive curriculum that covers the latest advancements in energy systems and storage technologies, students are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the industry. UPES's strong industry connections and collaborations with leading companies in the energy domain ensure that students have access to a wide range of job opportunities. Graduates of this program have consistently secured placements in top-tier organizations, reflecting the program's commitment to producing skilled professionals who can contribute significantly to the rapidly evolving energy sector.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
Interested students must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) as stated below: Minimum 50% marks in Classes X and XII. with 50% in PCM (Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics) in Class XII.
Admission to the B.Tech. Applied Petroleum Engineering (Energy Systems and Storage) program at UPES depends on the individual's performance in UPESEAT / JEE / Board Merit / SAT/ CUET.